Jingit: Earn cash for watching videos online!

Want to earn a little extra cash to help fund Christmas? Sign up for Jingit, the site that pays you instantly for watching ads online. You can earn up to $15 per week, though it will probably be more like just a few dollars each week. However, that’s not bad for just a few minutes of your time each week!

Have you tried Jingit? If so, let us know how it has worked for you!

(Note: The link in this post is my referral link. Read my disclosure policy here.)

Comments

I have tried it and found that it is really very easy to make a couple of bucks. They videos you watch are super short, so it really doesn’t take too much time. I have also done the “check in” feature which has you scan in items Walmart and answer a couple of questions and you get money instantly! Fairly simple, but I have had it not scan a couple of items. I will only scan items in store if I need to be at Walmart anyway, you are only going to make a buck or two at a time so it is in no way worth the trip to the store for that.

• Kim says

Can you watch the videos all at once or do you have to keep checking in to see if there are any. If I have to check in all the time, it probably isn’t worth the time. Also, how does the scanning work at WalMart (including how much time it takes)? Thanks!!

When I first signed up I was able to watch a bunch of videos and make around $5.00 and that took maybe 5 minutes. I usually log in once a day (through my phone), sometime there are videos, sometimes not.

To do the scanning at Walmart, you have to download the app on your smartphone. Then hit the “check in” button when you are inside of Walmart. You scan the UPC code and answer 2-3 questions (Are you more willing to buy this product? etc). Literally takes less than one minute per item and they pay $0.25, $0.50, $0.75 or $1.00. This is assuming the product scans of course. ;) My luck has ran 70/30 on scanning, but like I said I only scan if I am in the store already, so it doesn’t hurt anything to try while I am there.

• Kim says

Thanks! It looks like you HAVE to sign up through facebook. I have a fake name for facebook, so don’t know how they would pay me. How do you get paid? I clicked on FAQ, but it didn’t take me anywhere. I’m a little frustrated.

They pay you using a “Jingit” card (visa debit) or alternatively, you can use your money to purchase music, etc. from their site.

2. Andi says

I made $10 fast the first week with scanning and videos. The second week was challenging and now the third weeks is the slowest. I have found that there are links of hidden videos placed out there on the web. They aren’t listed on Jingits site. Unless you find those links, it’s going to be hard to meet your goal each week. I’m also having a hard time finding referrals to help me reach $15/week. None of my friends want to really bother with this kinda stuff. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do it?

3. VANESSA says

ANDI- HOW DO YOU FIND OTHER VIDEO’S TO WATCH. I’VE LOOKED BUT HAVEN’T HAD ANY LUCK. I’VE ASKED MY BOYFRIENDS SISTERS TO SIGN UP. ESPECIALLY THE YOUNGER ONE SO SHE HAS LUNCH MONEY FOR SCHOOL AND DOESNT HAVE TO ASK HER PARENTS EVERYDAY.

4. Becky says

I tried Jingit after seeing it here on Moneysavingmom a couple of weeks ago. The first week , I was able to watch several videos and also had several in-store check-ins that I could do. I earned about $11 over several days. To earn the money, you watch videos online or on your mobile phone, and then answer a couple of questions. At the end, 25 cents to $1 is deposited in your Jingit account. To do in-store check-ins, you find a specified product in your store and scan the bar code. After scanning and answering a couple of questions, you get a deposit into your account.

Once you have accumulated some money in your account, you can request a Jingit card, which will cost $2 (paid from the credit you have accumulated). I got my card within just a few days. You can click a button on the Jingit website to transfer your earnings to the card, which can then be spent as cash.

It did work as promised for me. I transferred $10 of earnings to the card, and then used the card to pay for a purchase at WalMart. The only glitch was that I tried to use it as a debit card at the register and it didn’t work. The cashier processed it as a credit card in the amount of $10 and it worked fine. It took $10 off my purchase.

Since the first week, however, there have been few ads for me to view. The website keeps telling me to “check back later, more ads coming soon.” So my earning potential has been very limited. But, it is free money and if you have a little time to kill, why not watch a 30 second video or scan a box of cereal, and earn a few cents? Even quarters can add up!

5. Rachel says

Has anyone had trouble with getting the item to scan?
    I don’t know if it is the barcode scanner app that I have or if this is a common issue with Jingit? I was so excited to try the program:(