Today’s Dillon’s Shopping Trip

I ran out to Dillon’s today since I didn’t get to go last week as I didn’t feel up to it. I didn’t get as great of deals as I was hoping for since I couldn’t get all the coupons to print that I wanted to (my computer/printer combo has been finicky about printing things recently!) and then some of the prices I’d seen online didn’t match up to what was on the shelves at the store.

But I was still happy for the few deals I found — and it was also just plain nice to go out shopping after being home all week long last week!

Dillon’s Shopping Trip

2 Plum Organic Baby Food Pouches — on sale for $1 each, used 2 $0.50/1 coupons (doubled) = free after coupons

4 Yoplait Kids Yogurts 4-packs — on sale for $2 each, used 2 $0.75/2 coupons (“doubled” to $1 off) = $1.50 each, plus get $4 back as part of the Buy 6, Get $6 Back promo (so $0.50 per yogurt pack after the catalina) — The $0.75/2 coupon is no longer available, but I just found a $0.35/1 coupon here that would make it even less with doubles.

2 Turkey Hill Sweet Tea half gallons (my husband’s favorite!) — $1.25 each, used $1/2 coupon = $0.75 each after coupon

2 Betty Crocker Cookie Mixes — $2.39 each, used $0.50/1 coupons (“doubled” to $1 off) = $1.39 each, plus got $2 back as part of the Buy 6, Get $6 Back promo (so $0.39 each after the catalina)

Total with tax: $11.65 + I got a $6 catalina back that is good off my next shopping trip!

Did you get any great deals today?

Comments

1. Charity says

Umm, yeah, I completely skimmed this post…so sidetracked by your darling little Silas! What a total cutie pie!!!

He was SO excited about the green baby food — that’s why he was smiling so big! I had promised him I was going to bring it home to him and he could hardly wait for me to take the picture so he could eat the spinach, peas, and pears.

Hey, I’m not going to complain that he’s anxious to eat spinach! :)

2. Marie says

Oh, I miss having Turkey Hill’s around. I do like there tea and they have the best chocolate peanut ice cream!!! Whenever we head back to PA. my husband knows I will be making a trip or two to Turkey hill!!!

• Holly says

I live in Lancaster County, home to Turkey Hill. I didn’t know TH Iced tea was distributed in Kansas! I know the ice cream is distributed outside the area, but didn’t know the tea was too! Enjoy!!

3. Alicia says

I thoroughly enjoyed Dillons this past weekend. I bought $240 worth of groceries for $85 after coupons & catalinas. And I’m far from an extreme couponer. I just kept finding sale after sale & had coupons to go along with the sales along with 5 catalina deals

4. Shayleen says

Is that catalina still running? I stocked up on it last week because it looked like it was just a one week sale at our local cincinnati area Kroger. I also didn’t see the catalina advertised in the ad this week.

5. maggie says

aww, i hardly go to kroger anymore since they quit doing double and triple coupons here (dallas area).

Catalina is the brand of a machine that distributes money back (in the form of a coupon) to be used on a future visit… so people refer to those coupons as “catalinas.” Sometimes, certain brands will run promotions for money back when you buy x amount of items. The catalina deal General Mills ran this week was $6 back when you buy 6 items. The catalinas can be used for any purchase at Dillons/Kroeger, not just the brand that ran the promotion.

• Andrea says

The extra paper coupons that you receive at the grocery check out, which are typically based on what you buy (our Target also prints these coupons), are “catalina” coupons. Not all are “money back” offers; many are manufacturer coupons and (at least where I live) some are just advertisements.

6. Crista says

Did you pick up that cute little boy on your trip too? Too bad there’s not a Dillons around here! ;)

• Elizabeth says

I’m fairly new to the couponing game, how do I find a store in my area that doubles coupons? I haven’t noticed any in my area (Chicago area) that do. Any help would be great! :)

• Lois says

Do you have a Meijer? They usually do. Check out the fine print at bottom of some page of their flyer. And a store related to Kroger or Kroger itself. I used to live in northern Indiana so am just hoping you have one of them.

7. Diane says

My husband is from PA and was here in the south when we met and married. All I heard was how great the Turkey Hill tea was. Later when we traveled to PA on a visit he stopped at Turkey Hill to buy a sweet and after taking a couple of swigs proclaimed it wasn’t as good as he thought and could not compare to the sweet tea in the south. I did sample it and it tasted like instant tea to me, but then I grew up in the south and may be prejudiced ;-)

8. Becky says

My Kroger now has a sign at the door and at the yogurt saying Yoplait is not included in the $6/6 deal. :(

I always get frustrated when the online prices don’t match what I see in the store! But I’ve learned I’ll feel better if I pass up the deal if it’s not as good as I had hoped, even if it means deviating from my plan. :-)

My computer/printer combo is finicky about printing certain coupons, too, especially Smart Source!

10. Laura says

Found swim diapers for $0.99-$1.24 a package at my CVS and organic meat marked down at Kroger. Very happy about both!