This week’s menu

Easy Italian Breadsticks (made in the bread machine!)

Breakfasts

Granola bars
Cereal
Baked Oatmeal (from the freezer)
Scrambled eggs, Cinnamon Roll Biscuits, fruit salad

Popcorn
Chocolate Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches
Better for You Banana Bread

Dinners

Dinner with extended family
Italian Chicken, Bread Machine Buttery Rolls, steamed veggies, fruit
Southwest Rollups from the freezer, steamed veggies, sliced oranges & apples
Homemade Pizza, tossed salad, fruit salad
Dinner out
Ham & Cheese Pockets from the freezer, fruit salad, steamed veggies
Lasagna Casserole, Easy Italian Breadsticks, steamed broccoli, fruit

What’s on your menu this week? Share details and/or your link to your menu plan in the comments.

Comments

I’ve not tried the English Muffins before — it’s one of my do-it-yourself experiments for 2012. :) I’ll let you know how it goes!

Oh and your Cinnamon Roll Biscuits look so much better than mine… so I want to know if you changed up the recipe at all or used white flour?!

Also, do you have a link for the English Muffin Bread? I didn’t see one on your menu post and am interested in trying it!

Hello! Here is the recipe I plan to try for English Muffin Bread–it makes 4 loaves! (I also added a link on the post) http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/02/moms-english-muffin-bread.html I’ll let you know how it works out!

Regarding the cinnamon roll biscuits, I followed your recipe and used your recipe for Homemade Baking Mix which I had in my freezer ;). When I made the mix I chose to use the coconut oil option and I used 4 cups of whole wheat instead of all white. I’ve made them before with all white and I think my family preferred that, but they still loved these and I think they’re yummy, too!

Ramble! Basically, I made your recipe exactly! Maybe the lighting in the picture made them look different? :)

I hope this doesn’t post twice–hit a glitch and it didn’t go thru. In any case, here is the English muffin bread recipe I plan to try this week: http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/02/moms-english-muffin-bread.html It makes 4 loaves! Perfect for freezer cooking :) I’ll let you know how it goes! Can’t wait to see how your recipe turns out, too!

Also, I followed your recipe for the cinnamon biscuit rolls–I had the homemade baking mix in the freezer from the challenge (yay! Thank you!) and I used the coconut oil option and about 4 cups of whole wheat flour instead of all white. My family (and I) loved it. I’ve done the recipe with all white and also with Bisquick and all white was probably their favorite, but like I said, they still thought these were yummy!

Maybe the lighting in my picture made them look different? :) We love them and thank you for sharing!

• Sarah says

Tell us how those pancakes turn out- i saw them when CCK posted them but haven’t gotten around to making them yet!
        Which is weird considering I’m the official CCK drooler :)
        Then again aren’t we all?
        Made your southwest roll ups- YUM!!!

We are using some of our meals I have put into the freezer over the last few weeks. I am also using my grandma’s recipe for pork chops this week.

One of the reviewers wrote that the dough freezes well. She triples the recipe and freezes the dough after rolling it into balls.

2. Amy L says

Have you tried freezing the italian breadsticks if so do you cook them first or freeze the dough or could do both?

• Diane says

I’ve frozen them after baking but I don’t know why you couldn’t freeze the dough.

• Becca says

I honestly freeze the dough when I make them, then thaw and bake…. I usually take them out and let them thaw on the counter after lunch then they are ready for Supper.

3. Rochelle says

We are having tacos x’s 2, meatloaf with smashed potatoes and green beans and grilled pork chops with baked potatoes and corn on the cob. I have a question for you…I notice you have hard boiled eggs quite a bit… Any secrets you’d like to share? Peeling eggs drives me BATTY!!!!!!

I use a pin to prick the egg shell BEFORE I cook the eggs. Then cook as normal. Be sure the eggs are AT LEAST 2 weeks old. The fresher the egg, the harder they are to peel. Even my 5 yr old can feel eggs for me now that I learned the pin pricking trick.

4. Dana says

I just had to come on and share that the bread stick recipe is delicious! I prepared the dough in the bread machine just as instructed, but instead of making bread sticks I made pepperoni rolls. I have been searching for just the right recipe to use for the dough and I can say I have finally found it! I just rolled the dough out fairly thin and filled them with mozzarella and pepperoni and then folded them up like burritos. I brushed them with olive oil and baked them, seam side down, at 375 for about fifteen minutes (or until golden). They turned out spectacular! Thank you so much!