This week’s menu

Granola bars
Cereal
Strawberry Pineapple Smoothies, Oatmeal
Scrambled eggs, Cinnamon Roll Biscuits, fruit salad
Waffles, scrambled eggs, fruit
Egg-in-hole, fruit
Granola, yogurt, and berry parfaits

Lunches

Waffles, scrambled eggs, fruit
Snack-y lunch
Leftovers x 2
PB&J, carrot sticks, apples, granola bars
Salad, Hard-boiled eggs, toast, fruit
Beans and rice, veggies

Snacks

Fruit/veggies
Popcorn
Chocolate Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches

Dinners

Build Your Own Haystacks
Homemade pizza, tossed salad, fruit salad
Dinner out
Steak, sweet potatoes, Easy Whole Wheat Bread, fruit salad, Pain Au Chocolat
Italian Chicken, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, fruit
Dinner with extended family x 2

What’s on your menu this week? Share details and/or your link to your menu plan in the comments.

Comments

1. Jennifer says

I don’t have a link but, this week’s dinner menus for us includes:
    Skillet Tilapia
    brown rice pilaf
    cucumber salad
    cut up watermelon

Taco spaghetti
    salad
    chips & salsa

Meatloaf
    roasted broccoli with parmesan and garlic pepper
    rice pilaf
    crescent rolls

Chicken & dumplings in crockpot
    steamed broccoli
    either cut up watermelon or apple slices

Spaghetti & meatballs in crockpot
    crescent rolls
    salad

I love the smoothie idea for breakfast. I’ve been trying to come up with ideas for my 3 year old son who is in this VERY picky eating stage. He does love smoothies, so I make them for him and secretly add a few spinach leaves or minced carrot in addition to the fruit and he never knows. It’s so hard cooking for him because my daughter who is 6 eats anything and everything. I feel like he wastes so much food….and I really do my best to offer nutritious and healthy options for meals. Any suggestions? I hope this is just a stage and he outgrows it!

• Jen says

Be encouraged! My 3 year old was the exact same way. He began rejecting everything, except breakfast, which is usually yogurt, eggs, toast and sometimes sausage or bacon. Thankfully he ate a good breakfast every morning because that is about all I could get him to eat. He even rejected things he had always loved and ate well. Every evening he would tell me, “I don’t like dinner”. Seriously… a whole meal! It didn’t matter what I made, he wouldn’t eat it. My husband and I began to wonder what the point of a family dinner was, because it was miserable!

We persevered, and I’m happy to say that at a little over 4 years old, it’s better now. Not perfect, but much better. Those days of refusing everything were extremely frustrating!

I’ve always wanted to try to do pizza on the grill! How do you do it? Do you use a pizza stone or just pre-bake the crust?

We use pizza dough (although I get mine from a tube instead of making it from scratch) and a metal pan with holes in the bottom. You have to be pick because it cooks really fast.

I actually throw the dough on the pan without anything on it. After couple of minutes I pull it off the grill, flip it, throw the toppings on and then put it back on the grill for a few more minutes.

It took a couple of tries before we got the technique down, the first pizza or two was very charred on the one side :( The taste is excellent and it’s fun to do.

2. Amy says

Thanks for this post! I would love to find more frugal recipes and menus – I will look around your site a little to see what you have.

Your menu looks delicious! I really enjoy ice cream sandwiches, and we’ve also begun making our own pizza dough with whole wheat flour and our breadmaker.

4. Zoya says

Awesome menu. We began making our pizza crusts with the artisan bread in five minutes a day dough. It’s so easy! I just have the whole wheat dough in the fridge (it lasts up to 2 weeks) and when I want to make pizza I just take out a piece of dough, heat up the oven with our pizza stone and we have a great pizza in not a lot of time. :)

Is that the recipe from the Artisan Pizza cookbook or another? I’d be interested in trying this — it sounds so easy!

• Z says

The recipe I used is from their Healthy Bread in Five Minutes book that i checked out from the library, but i really want to buy the book as well as there pizza book and their first book lol. It’s awesome, I just have the whole wheat dough in my fridge and when i want pizza i can do it right away because the dough is ready. It also makes awesome pita bread in the oven or on the pan on the stove. I’ve also made pizza pockets with it as well and they turned out great. You should try it! Their dough is very versatile and easy. They also have there whole wheat master recipe on their website artisan bread in five. You can pretty much make pizza with an of their non-enriched dough. I want to try it with the olive oil dough recipe next.

5. Lisa s says

Grilled steak sandwiches, garden salad
    Homemade pizza
    Pulled pork sandwiches, slaw, corn
    Spaghetti, bread
    Ranch chicken, rice, veggie
    Mongolian beef, rice, broccoli

Not this week, but a lot of times I will do a smoothie with dinner if we are having something that I don’t think the kids will eat or with something not well balanced just to make sure everyone gets what they need.

6. Jill says

I have a question on the pizza. How do you roll it out. I made your pizza dough recipe Crystal and when I rolled it out it was thicker in some areas then others. I also found that after it cooked the toppings including the cheese slid right off and all I was eating was dough. Any tips would be great.