This week’s menu

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

We’re easing back into eating more normally after many weeks of eating gluten-free. One of our children is still eating gluten-free, dairy-free, but they have adjusted to just eating a bit differently than us and are completely okay with that. So, I’m excited to get to do a bit more regular baking again!

Breakfasts

Cereal
Strawberry Pineapple Smoothies
Scrambled eggs, fruit salad
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Waffles, scrambled eggs, fruit
Healthy Homemade Poptarts, hard-boiled eggs, fruit
Carrot juice, Easy Whole Wheat Bread toasted, fried eggs
Oatmeal

Lunches

Leftovers
PB&J, carrot sticks, apples, granola bars
Snack-y lunch
Chips, refried beans, veggies, fruit
Rice & beans, carrot sticks, apples
Salmon, veggies, fruit, corn chips
Leftovers

Dinners

Dinner with extended family
Chicken Rice & Veggie Casserole, fruit salad, sweet potatoes
Barbecued Meatballs, Baked Potatoes, Broccoli, fruit salad, Easy Whole Wheat Bread
Parmesan Chicken, steamed veggies, fruit salad, Vegan Bite-Sized Pumpkin Brownies
Steak, sweet potatoes, fruit salad, steamed veggies
Dinner with extended family
Dinner out

Freezer Cooking/Make Ahead Projects

Chewy Granola Bars
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Vegan Bite-Sized Pumpkin Brownies
Healthy Homemade Poptarts

What’s on your menu this week? Share details and/or your link to your menu plan in the comments.

Comments

I am happy to see that I am not the only one who eats pumpkin year round. I love chocolate chip pumpkin bread and muffins.

With so many leftovers and trying to eat up whats in my pantry and freezer my menu is a bit all over the place. I am planning on doing a bunch of freezer cooking this weekend so we need to clear out the freezer.

With my menu plan I always add my weight loss goals/action plan along with my tips for how I make my menu ahead of time for easy planning and cooking. Hope everyone finds it helpful :)

2. Tammy says

Hi! I’ve been following your blog for quite some time now, it’s so great! I absolutly love the pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. I’ve made them and froze them for future use myself. You run a great blog and I look forward to reading it everyday!

3. Becky says

I almost always have pumpkin/sweet potato chocolate chip muffins in the freezer! Sometimes I use pumpkin, but I have tons of sweet potato pureed in the freezer from back when it was so cheap around Thanksgiving, so I usually use that.
    Glad you are able to go back to some of your “regular” cooking. I know it’s tough (and sometimes expensive!) to have to adapt so many recipes — very glad you don’t have to do it all the time.

4. Erin says

I’m 4 months pregnant and am dying for some ice cold smoothies that use fresh fruit. So glad I read this one today! Thanks!! :)

This week’s menu:
    Monday: Pasta, hot dogs, tomato and cucumber salad
    Tuesday: Potatoes with chicken kotleti, tomato salad
    Wednesday: Leftovers
    Thursday: Rum Pork Tenderloin with Pineapple salsa, rice pilaf, poppy seed yeast bread
    Friday: Baked Cod with dill sauce, cous cous, coleslaw
    Saturday: Chicken Marsala with Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Roasted green beans
    Other things I’ll be making: Homemade Bread, Homemade Ricotta, Yeast Bread With Ricotta and Raisins, Honey-Chocolate Layer Cake

Here is our food allergy meal plan for this week…

As always, I have included a little “extra” with the post. Today, it has absolutely nothing to do with food allergies, but it does fit in the category of frugal living. Me, the most untalented crafter and DIYer, made my own Roman Shades for my kitchen. With the help of my daughter, we made 3 beautiful No Sew Faux Roman Shades and I’ve shared it today. We are so excited for this beautiful, easy, and frugal addition to our kitchen.

We have been getting creative with our breakfasts and lunches thanks to your blog and menu suggestions!!

For dinner this week we had an awesome LIGHT baked spaghetti, and Homemade Thai Chicken Pizza. We have been loving the Green Monster Smoothie you have posted about before. My 1 year old drinks them down! Great way for her to get her greens since she can’t really chew up salad, which is what we normally eat as our veggie.

My menu and some recipes are post here http://www.lcvalleymom.com/2012/04/this-weeks-menu.html

I’m still working on perfecting some gluten free muffins, baking gluten free is an ongoing experiment! I’ll have to play around with your pumpkin recipe and see if I can make that work- it looks tasty.

If you need more gluten and dairy free ideas, I just posted a great scalloped potato recipe and added a page to organize all my gluten and dairy free recipes together: http://glutenfreesupper.com/?cat=25

9. laura says

I have a question, hopefully you won’t take it the wrong way! I do love you blog I’m a big fan…but i have to say I was a little disheartened to see that you’re making your one child adjust and not everyone. I know it IS difficult to do, but I have to ask why your whole family (at least at home) is not doing it as well? I’m not trying to be judgmental, but as someone who has a 3 year old who needs to be gluten free/dairy free, and finding out that i do myself I can say it really hurts to have the people closest to me and my son happily munching away on a gluten laden doughnut right in front of us while our bellies rumble! Again NOT trying to judge. Just wondering.