Reader Tip: Saving Money on Prenatal Vitamins
Laura emailed in the following tip:
As soon as my husband and I decided that trying to conceive was just around the corner, I started taking prenatal vitamins. That was two years ago.
Prenatal vitamins are expensive, and I don’t think anyone should pay full price for something unless absolutely necessary, so I started trying to figure out how to save money on them.
Before I was pregnant, I often saved money by buying multivitamins that weren’t marked as prenatal but had the same contents. (Always check the label!) However, now that I am pregnant, I want to be taking the softgel or gummy prenatals with DHA, because that is what my doctor said would be best.
Here’s how I got four months of those premium prenatals for only $3.
1. I signed up for the Nature Made Wellness Rewards.
2. I went through our vitamin stash, found every Nature Made vitamin bottle, and added the Wellness Rewards codes to my account.
3. With my rewards, I qualified for and ordered two $7 off coupons.
4) With my two $7 off coupons, I went to Walgreens during a BOGO Nature Made sale. At Walgreens, you can use a coupon for each item in a BOGO promotion.
5) I bought two bottles of 60 count Nature Made Prenatal Liquid Softgels with DHA at $16.49 each.
6) After the BOGO promotion and the $14 in coupons I had, I paid $2.49 + tax for a four month supply!
Once you get home, remember to enter the codes from your new vitamins into the Wellness Rewards program, and you’ll begin the cycle again. The prenatals are very rewarding items in their program, so I’ve been able to do this twice! Thanks to their Wellness Rewards program, Nature Made has picked up a loyal customer, and I’ve made off with some great bargains.Laura Ziesel is a seminary student at Azusa Pacific University and a freelance writer and editor living in sunny California with her husband. She blogs at LauraZiesel.com and is also a contributing writer for The Redemptive Pursuit, a weekly devotional for women. You can find her on Twitter @lziesel.
Subscribe for free email updates and be entered to win $100!
PREVIOUS POST: 15 Ways to Repurpose Items You Already Have for Organizing