Do-It-Yourself: Homemade Lipton Soup Mix

Food.com shows you how to make homemade Litpon’s onion soup mix in just 10 minutes.

Do you have a fun and frugal DIY idea to share? I’d love to hear about it! Read the submission guidelines and submit it here.

Comments

Thank you so much for posting this recipe! This will be a money savor for me and it will be also without all those preservatives.

2. joyce says

I’m curious what the cost of making this homemade would be compared to store bought. If anyone has done the analysis, please post!

3. Julie says

I am so excited about this as well. I have a lot of chopped onion (dehydrated) that I can myself from our home storage cannery. Is this the same kind of onion that is called for? If so, Hooray! If not, can someone direct me to what “instant minced onion” is? Thanks!

4. Tracy says

How funny! I just looked up this recipe on allrecipes.com. I wanted some to make meatloaf. Great minds….

I am definitely interested in trying this recipe.! I’m wondering if any of you has heard of a homemade Lipton-style chicken noodle soup? Thanks for all the great posts and comments!

So excited about this – last time I checked the ingredients on the boxed mix (which, honestly, was about 3.5 years ago), there was wheat in the mix. As a celiac, I can now make some of our favorite recipes that call for this mix again!

7. Patti says

I have used this recipe for YEARS. Love it. I even give it out as Christmas gifts. So easy! And I love how you can use the food processor to crunch some of the onion flakes, but not all – adds great texture and flavor all at the same time.

8. Susan says

I have a different recipe I have used for years. It does not have sugar in it which is appealing to me. The recipe is simple enough I always have the ingredients on hand.

•1/4 cup dried minced onion
    •2 tablespoons instant beef boullion
    •1/2 teaspoon onion powder

Combine to make the equivalent of 1 package.