$3/1 IAMs dog food coupon in Sunday’s paper = free at Target

There’s supposed to be a $3/1 IAMs dog food coupon coming in this Sunday’s P&G insert.

Target sells small bags of IAMs dog food for $3, making them free after this coupon.

Thanks to My Frugal Adventures for the deal and photo!

(Note: The link in this post is my referral link. Read my disclosure policy here.)

Comments

1. Judy says

Even if you do not have a dog, you can use the coupon and donate the food to your local animal shelter.

• Jan says

I do this all the time with cat food, as I don’t have a cat. There’s a $5/1 Purina One Beyond coupon out that makes the cat food $1 per bag at my grocery store. I figure I can spare a few bucks to donate cat food to the local cat shelter.

But I’ll be stockpiling this Iams deal … we lost our beloved beagle last month, and Iams is our preferred dog food. Unopened bags will keep for the few months until we’re ready to adopt again via Petfinder. (Plus, it’s always nice to take a bag of dog food or some treats to donate to the shelter when you go to pick up your adoptee!)

2. Kaeli says

AND those small bags have a $3-Off coupon in them!

With my Target employee discount + RedCard discount it’s even cheaper!

3. Susan says

I have been looking for the Purina One Beyond at Target and Walmart ever since the $5 coupons came out, and the shelves are always empty of the smaller bags. Donating is great, but please be considerate of fellow shoppers and don’t clear shelves in the name of charity.

• Denise says

Wow… That’s a very selfish comment, if you ask me. I’m betting that there aren’t as many people out there buying up bags of dog or cat food, for that matter, for charity as you are implying with that comment. I think it’s great that people like Jan think of the poor animals in shelters who need to be fed just like your animals do. Thanks Jan for donating to a worthy cause!

• Jessica says

A lot of the P&G have restrictions now where you can only do 4 of the same coupon in that transaction. Will see with this one, hopefully not!

4. Jessica says

I’ve read that the coupon includes cat food too. Does Target sell the cat food for the same price?

5. Shannon says

Thanks SO much for the reply. I’m new to couponing and am still learning the ropes. Are P&G coupons available to print online? or should I go ahead and buy a few papers?

6. Chrissy says

I don’t know if this is the same for all of the shelters, but my husband worked for our local SPCA for years and they were not allowed to give the animals any food that was donated (even if it was a brand new unopened bag). They had a contract with Science Diet so all of the animals had to eat Science Diet 100% of the time. He brought home lots of bags of Iams for our dog since they were going to get thrown away.

Also, my Target doesn’t carry the $3 bags. The smallest bag we can get is the $17. I usually buy the biggest anyway because it’s a better price for the amount. Does anyone else’s Target not carry the $3 bags?