Pre-order The Money Saving Mom®’s Budget for $10.98

“Crystal Paine does it all as an entrepreneur, wife, and mom—and that means she knows all about finding room in a home budget! From reducing clutter to finding amazing coupon deals outside the grocery aisle, The Money Saving Mom®’s Budget will help you make dollars and sense of your life again.”

Dave Ramsey, New York Times bestselling author and nationally syndicated radio talk show host

The Audacious Dream

For a long time, I’ve had a big dream of one day being a published author. I figured it would be years down the road–maybe after my children were grown.

However, God had different plans. And near the end of 2010, a vice president of Gallery Books (a division of Simon & Schuster) stumbled upon an article of mine and wrote me saying they’d like to offer me a book deal.

I had to read the email multiple times to make sure I was getting it right. No, my eyes weren’t playing tricks on me.

Jesse and I spent the next eight weeks praying about it and discussing whether this was realistic and something we wanted to take on. Truthfully, Jesse was really stoked about the whole thing. I was much more hesitant as my plate felt plenty full, I’d spent the last six months working towards margin and balance in my life, and I was scared to embark on something that might be too overwhelming–especially since I’d only have a few months to start and complete the manuscript.

Jumping In With Both Feet

But God kept confirming to Jesse and me that this was what I was supposed to do. So we streamlined and delegated, hired an assistant to take over a lot of the behind-the-scenes business tasks for me, and jumped in with both feet.

There were definitely some grueling moments and I won’t say that the writing process was easy–especially since I had no clue what I was doing and everything was completely new to me!–but it went much smoother than we could have ever expected. Plus, I truly enjoyed the entire process.

The manuscript was completed in early May and the last few months have been a whirlwind of new learning curves in editing, publicity, and traditional marketing (I’m used to internet marketing, so the traditional marketing is a whole new ballgame for me!)

Finally! It’s Done!

After months of effort, I’m thrilled to let you know that The Money Saving Mom®’s Budget: Slash Your Spending, Pay Down Your Debt, Streamline Your Life and Save Thousands a Year is finished and off to the printers with a planned release date of January 10, 2012.

This book is the culmination of years of personally living frugally and simply and teaching others how to have a paradigm shift about money. I’m more than a little excited about it (more like crazily ecstatic about it!) because I believe its message is direly needed, especially right now as so many people are struggling to make ends meet. I believe this book has the potential to radically change your budget–and your life!

The Money Saving Mom®’s Budget is a comprehensive step-by-step plan to take you from financial mess to financial success. In this straightforward book, you’ll learn:

::How to set big goals and break them down into bite-sized pieces.

::How to prioritize your time and life in order to live intentionally.

::How to streamline your home and life in order to have breathing room to work toward your financial goals.

::How to go from no budget at all to a full-fledged, realistic, written budget by following a simple three-step plan.

::How to make a cash envelope system work for you.

::How to cut your grocery bill in half (including 25 ways to save money without using coupons!).

::How to save big on restaurants, travel, clothing, utility bills, prescription glasses, gym memberships, and much more.

::And finally, how to cultivate contentment, embrace today, and live a rich and full life, no matter your income.

What I’m Most Excited About

You know what I’m most thrilled about in publishing this book? That all of my profits are going to Compassion International–an organization that helps to feed and clothe needy children around the globe.

Knowing that this book has the potential to not only change lives in our country, but to also give food, clean water, shelter, and clothing to those who are living in unimaginable circumstances, gave me so much purpose and excitement while writing. I’m humbled to be partnering with Compassion’s ministry to the poorest of the poor.

“For this mama of six, driving a 14 yr. old vehicle, endeavoring to live frugally and to live generously, this book not only offers fresh inspiration, it offers a practical, creative plan to make your life priorities — the reality of your life. And her last chapter on contentment? Standing ovation!”

Ann Voskamp, author of the New York Times bestseller One Thousand Gifts

Pre-Order Your Copy Today

The Money Saving Mom®’s Budget is now available for pre-order on Amazon.com. It’s $10.98 right now, with a price-guarantee that if the price goes down any between when you order and the release date, you’ll get the lowest price. Shipping is free with an Amazon Mom account.

It’s also available for pre-order on Barnes & Noble. If you prefer ebooks, you can pre-order it for your Kindle or Nook.

No matter your level of thriftiness or how much or little you make, I think you’ll find help, hope, and inspiration in the pages of The Money Saving Mom®’s Budget. This book would also make a fabulous Christmas gift for someone you know who is struggling financially or just wants to do a better job of setting financial goals and stewarding the money they have.

If you can’t afford the $10.98 price tag, you could ask your local library to order in a copy. And don’t worry, I’ll be giving lots of copies away here, too!

PSST! If you do pre-order a copy, I have a little special something for you next week, just to show my appreciation. Stay tuned for more details. :)

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support of this project. Your excitement in comments and emails has knocked my socks off. I have the best readers ever!

Comments

1. Jamie says

Crystal,
    I love your blog, I check it almost every day. I just preordered 8 copies of your book for Christmas gifts!!! :)
    May God continue to bless you as you use your talents for your family and to help others. I love that you are donating the profits to Compassion!
    Thanks you! cant wait
    Jamie

2. Liz says

I’m so excited for you, Crystal! I have been inspired by your blogs since I found them in 2006, and I can’t wait to read your book! I have it preordered through iBooks and am really looking forward to it. Congratulations on achieving your goal!!

3. Mandi says

I just pre-ordered your book. I can’t wait for it to arrive! I have been looking forward to this since you first mentioned it on your site. The last few years have been tough for my husband and I but things are looking up. I know God is watching over us. Your site has been such a blessing to me and my family. Thank you Crystal for all you do. May God continue to bless you and your family!

4. Becky says

Wow congratulations on having it reviewed by Dave Ramsey.

Hmm maybe I can use charity money instead of my entertainment envelope ;-)

5. Lyn says

It is commendable that you are giving the profits of your book away to a very helpful cause. I don’t purchase very many books these days, but felt this to be a good thing to do. I’m sure it will be an encouraging and useful book. I do hope that you sell many of them so that many needy children will benefit. That definitely is something to be excited about.

Wow! Cross one off on your Bucket List! I am excited for you as any Moms give up on their Dreams and push our needs to the side to tend to our families needs. I am Definitely ordering! Congratulations!

7. diana says

I just ordered!! Congrats on your success! I ordered it and have a Amazon mom account but the shipping did not say free. Will that come off later?

8. Kelley says

I just pre-ordered at Amazon. I can NOT wait to get my book in January. Very much looking forward to reading it. If it’s anything like this blog, it will no doubt inspire and motivate many of us to live more closely to the way God intended. Thank you for all that you do!

9. Funke says

You’ve been an inspiration. It’s my prayer that God will give you more wisdom and you’ll continue to be a blessing to your generation. I am looking forward to this being a great help to me and many others. My amazon mom has expired so I’ll have a friend who has amazon student pre order it for me. God bless you.

10. Brandy says

Can’t wait til January!! Your blog here has been such an inspiration to me – thanks for all your hard work!

11. Amy B says

Congrats, Crystal! You daily inspire and challenge me. I appreciate your hard work and your generous heart. God bless you.

12. Christina says

I just ordered your amazing book, I can’t wait to get your book!! it’ll be great for getting everything right for the new year!!

13. Melissa says

Crystal! Congrats on your BHAG! I just preordered 2 copies – one for me and one for my best friend. We are both new to the budgeting and need all the practical help we can get!

14. Emily says

Congrats! I agree with the above comment about Dave Ramsey reviewing your book. Wow! I know your book will be a blessing to so many. Thanks for following Gods lead on this project. I know I can’t wait to read it.

When will we find out whose tips on saving money you used???

If your tip was used, you’ll get a copy from me in the mail after the book is released. Most people were contacted personally to verify information, etc. I think I ended up using about 40 of the tips out of the thousands that were received, unfortunately, because of space issues. I wish I could have used them all!

15. Sotheavy says

Congrats Crystal! I just ordered my copy thanks to Swagbucks! Can’t wait to read it! Blessings!

16. Ariel says

Pre-ordered my copy yesterday. So excited to read it. :)
    As a mom of a 2 year old, one year old and 2 week old, sometimes my schedule allows me 5 minutes to read your blog! But your transparency and passion are really an encouragement. (And finding out about the occasional freebie!!) Thank you for all your hard work!

17. Sarah says

I am so excited to get your book (just preorderd my copy today)! It will be like Christmas in January :). I’ve been following your blog for a couple years now and it is definitely a favorite of mine because not only is it practical, but it is inspiring as well. Many blessing to you and your family!

18. Christy C. says

Congratulations on fulfilling a dream, Crystal! Thank you for sharing your heart and your knowledge with us! I just preordered your book on Amazon and am excited to start reading once it is released. Peace and blessings to you and your family!

19. Jen Sullivan says

Hi Crystal,

Just ordered 5 of your books! Excited for you and all those who will get to read it and be impacted by it. LOVE that all your profits go to Compassion. You are definitely a girl living on mission for Christ!

20. fruplicity says

Not sure if you will see this but as a years-long reader I want to say thank you, congratulations, and I’m pre-ordering my copy right now!

21. Tracy Harper says

Congratulations on the fruition of this project! I have to wait til payday at the end of the month, but will definitely pre-order my copy then :)

22. Becky says

Just ordered a copy for myself and one for a good friend for a late Christmas gift. I’m looking forward to reading it! You’ve been such an encouragement to me over the past almost-three years that I’ve been reading. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

23. Kristy says

So very excited to not only read this book, but also bless others with it as well! You are a huge blessing and encouragement to me. Thank you so much!

24. Mrs Lyn says

Oh Congratulations and a BIG Hug to you!! I am sooo happy to hear that Father has opened wonderful doors through your book. I remember you visiting us at Genteel Girlhood years ago. Emilee writing to you and you to her prior to your marriage years. Those were fun years on Titus 2 Message board and how to save money here and there has come full circle. I am so glad you caught the vision of the Good things of God filled with simplicity of living!! Congratulations on your new book!

25. Traela says

Just ordered my copy! Can’t wait to read it! So exciting to see how God is using you and blessing you! Thank you for turning around and blessing us!

I’m so excited for you and countless blessed moms who get to sit down and soak up your wisdom and each wors God gave you to share with us!! Your first book!! Whoo Hooo – going to order my copy now!! {PS. I love Compassion so my heart is smiling big over your amazing generosity too!}