Super Savings Saturday: My Azure Standard order + a quick health food store shopping trip

So, I’m pretty much in love with Azure Standard. I’d heard about it for a long time from my friend, Laura from Heavenly Homemakers. However, I’m a little chicken when it comes to trying new things–especially things that require forking out a monetary investment.

However, my local friend, Angie, researched out how it all works and what the best deals were, and she held my hand through the whole process. She even let me order with her so that I didn’t have to worry about the $50 minimum (though I actually ending up ordering a little over $50 when it was all said and done). And then we split the 20-pound box of apples.

I am so glad I took the plunge to try something new. Not only was it really quite simple and uncomplicated to order and pick up our order from the delivery truck, but I am so happy with what I ended up buying.

Azure Standard Order

5 lbs. of organic Azure Farm popcorn — $4.95

1 gallon bulk raw clover honey — $30.40

10 pounds organic Akane apples — $9.50

10 pounds organic rolled oats — $4.90 each

I also stopped at the health food store today and bought some organic bananas that were marked down to $0.39 per pound and some eggs that were marked down to $0.99 per dozen.

Earlier this week, Jesse stopped by Dillon’s and Aldi for me and bought lettuce, cilantro, cheese, honey, flour, milk, peanut butter, chocolate chips, tortillas, black beans, and lemons/limes. In the hubbub of preparing for the garage sale, I didn’t get a picture taken. He spent a little over $22 total.

______________

Did you snag any great deals or bargains this week or save money in other ways? If so, be sure to post about them on your blog and leave your link below. Please remember that this weekly round-up is to share deals you personally got and/or money you were able to save this week. In order to keep this weekly round-up focused on helping and inspiring others in their efforts to save money, links which have little-to-no content other than promoting affiliate links, etc. will be deleted. Also, to make it easy for everyone to navigate quickly through the links, your link must link directly to your Super Savings Saturday post.

Comments

I really wish we had something like Azure Standard in the area we moved to. I miss being able to order 25 lb buckets of popcorn! :)

Enjoy your apples. Will you be making anything special with them?

Hi, I was linking up and left the computer, came back and my kids had been on it! It now shows my name instead of my deal’s title, Sorry! I don’t know how to fix it, but would love to get my name off of it!

3. Denise says

Almost done w/wk #2 of a pantry challenge, so only bought some fruit and milk. Ive saved lots of money this way, and used lots of stuff up and been really creative. I’ll have to check out AzureStandard, tho I doubt they’re in my area either :)

4. Sarah says

Do you live in their delivery zone or did you have to pay shipping? I tried ordering from them once and the prices are great, but once you add the shipping costs it’s much cheaper to go to the health food store for stuff. I don’t think they ship produce either. =(

5. Dawn says

Is this a mail order catalog company? It looks like anyone can order non-perishable stuff from them, correct?

6. Brooke says

Crystal,
    Would you recommend signing up with MyPoints or Inbox Dollars? Exactly what do you have to do to earn points??
    Thanks so much!!

• Jill says

I have been a memeber of my points. It is really easy. I used a junk email address. I get emails from them and click on them to read and deleate them and I get 5 points. You can also do survey’s to get more points. You need over one thousand points which is easy to get and you get a 10 dollar gift certificate. We kept saving all our points and got a 25 dollar lowes gift card which came in handy when we bought our first lawm mover.

• Rachel says

We also use My Points and like it. We save up all our points earned throughout the year and then use them to buy gift cards for Christmas presents.

I’m so excited for you to try Azure Standard! I love them.

I am fortunate to live in a location on the delivery route. It was one of the bonuses of moving to our new location! I’d be sad to move off the delivery route, that’s for sure :)

I thought you would like them! Buying in bulk is fantastic! My next plan is to buy 50 lbs of oats from Azure Standard, since my local source for bulk oats doubled in January, making Azure Standard the lower price now. They also have a fantastic price on pearled barley as well. We have several drop points in our our city, though I was recently told that one that was just a few blocks away is no longer valid, as that person moved. Still, I have plenty of options.

Azure is wonderful, much cheaper and more convenient that the health food stores here. My family has been ordering from them for about 20 years and have been nothing but pleased with their products and their service.

I was laughing a little as I didn’t even realize they sold oats in that small of bags!! We always ordered 50-100 lbs at a time! I love buying a gallon of molasses from them as well!
    They have great prices on bulk spices too!

Great tip about Azure Standard…I have never even heard of them, but I will be checking them out! I did get the Whole Foods deal this week, and I’m super excited to use it. The closest one is half hour away, and it’s kind of a treat when I get to go :)

12. Michelle says

I’m curious, what health food store do you shop at? We have a few here in Mobile, but I’ve not stopped in yet to see what they have to offer. You always seem to pick up some great deals! Awesome shopping trip this week!

Woohoo – so glad you got your first order!! You’re gonna love being a part of Azure. And by the way, I ordered apples too and they didn’t come in – no fair!!! (We got 20 pounds of peaches though, so as I sit here with peach juice dripping off my chin, I’m not complaining to loudly.) :)

14. Rachel says

I know in the past you have had a budget of $40 a week for groceries. I’m wondering if you have upped that amount. I have a family of four (soon to be five) and have had the $40 goal as well. I just can’t do it now though. Grocery prices seem to have gone up and I guess my growing family is eating more :) Have you been having that trouble too?

Thanks for all you do, Crystal. You have been an inspiration and spiritual encourager…I have showed all my friends your blog and they love it too!

• RachaelP says

We are a family of four and have a budget of $40/week. I’ve found that making the menu for the week really helps (including planning snacks). I plan meals off what’s in the pantry and then create the grocery list after that. We eat rice and beans, have cut back on cereals, we also eat meat too but I have found ways to cut back on that too. It’s not easy to do but it’s possible!

Am I the only person who finds it strange and annoying that you can’t even see prices on their website until you create an account? And I couldn’t find out where their drop points are. I guess I’ll stick with my local bulk foods store.

• Noah says

Give them a call. Their customer service is fantastic and they’ll let you know about drop points in your area. The drop points aren’t actually on their site, just their route maps.

I jumped on the Azure bandwagon earlier this summer and I have been so pleased. Our drop coordinator is moving, but thankfully someone else stepped up to handle things. Some of the produce deals are so awesome!

My husband would love that honey but I do not think he could eat it all. lol Thanks for great ideas of what to get from Azure Standard. After your post about it, I requested a catalog. It came already and I want to get so much. lol

Glad Azure worked out for you. We had something similar here, but it was discontinued :( I was able to get a great deal on Hatch’s Chilies today at Walmart. They had their usual cases (roasted too if you wanted) marked down from $23.88 to $8.00. I bought 2 cases, split it with my mom and well.. now I have chilies for the rest of the year :)

19. Vieve says

How are you going to store all that honey? We go through it pretty fast, but doesn’t good, raw honey crystallize quickly? We put it on cereal and toast.

20. WW says

I have not tried Azure yet but I will look at their catalog and see if they deliver in my area. Another bulk food store that I have been very pleased with is Country Life Natural Foods. I have ordered raisins, walnuts, oats, wheat berries, cereal, rice, peanut butter…You can view their catalog at http://www.clnf.org They require a $500.00 food order if you want it delivered for free. They also charge no tax. You can order under $500.00 but you would have to pay for shipping. If you live in their area you can pick up your order.

This is wonderful. I signed up last night and we hope to make a big purchase in the upcoming weeks. Apples and Pears are the best produce deal right now because they are in season. This is fantastic! Can’t wait to stock up!

Is Azure a good place to buy gluten free products? My daughter is gluten free and I have a hard time finding good stuff for her that’s local, I have to go way out of my way to go to a Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods.

23. Meghan says

I just went on their website and attempted to order. I had ketchup, popcorn and 1pd of chili powder my total was 56..after shipping and tax 97! Is that normal!? PHEW thats a lot!