Starbucks Treat Receipt: Bring in your receipt after 2 p.m. to get a $2 Grande cold beverage

Starbucks is bringing back their popular Treat Receipt.

Beginning today through September 5, 2011, if you make a purchase at Starbucks in the morning, you can bring in your receipt after 2 p.m. that same day and get a Grande cold beverage (16 oz.) for just $2 at any participating Starbucks store.

Thanks, Common Sense With Money!

Comments

1. Linda says

Anyone know, Do you need to go back to the same store in the afternoon or is the receipt good at another Starbucks?

2. sarah says

I know, I know, people are buying their Starbucks anyway, but this just strikes me as something a money saving mom should NOT do – spend money there in the morning and then go back and spend more in the afternoon.

Last year my husband and I teamed up and used it a few times for a fun special treat. He’d get a drink in the morning and then I’d get a $2 Strawberry Vivanno smoothie in the afternoon (my favorite!). Yes, you could make it at home and yes, it’s not a necessity, but if it’s in the budget, I’m all about occasional strategic splurging! :)

• Dee says

Crystal,
        You definitely work hard enough saving money for the occassional splurge. Thanks to all you and Jenna do I can indulge a litte too. I don’t even go to starbucks, but I may have to do the duo deal with my dh a couple of times while this deal is on.

3. Amber says

Don’t forget to register and use your Starbucks card so you get the rewards points. You get a point for every transaction. My husband and I will use our own card if we’re both getting drinks at the same time so we’ll get double the points.

We have the gold card and we get free soymilk. The Starbucks card saves us about 60 cents per drink for the soymilk, that is better than paying with a credit card and getting the cash back awards. And since I am going to go anyway… might as well use the card.