Sign up for the Preschool Busy Bag Swap

I’m so excited! My friend, Brenda, is hosting another Preschool Busy Bag Swap.

We participated in the last Busy Bag Swap she hosted and it was a great experience (see the box of Busy Bags we received above). My children all loved the bags of fun activities we received and these have provided hours of fun and entertainment for them.

If you’re interested, she’s doing eight different groups of 30, so a total of 240 people can sign up. These spots will go very quickly. You’ll want to read the details on how the swaps work here and then, if you are still interested, sign up for the Preschool Busy Bag Swap here.

Comments

1. Shauna says

I would love to know what you received in the last busy bag swap. I have some busy bags that I put together with some women in my church but I would love to put a few more together. I would love to see a post about what you received last time.

If you go to the link in Crystal’s post, you can see what activities are being included in this Pre-K swap and add them to your current collection.

2. rachel says

Not a very crafty person and was wondering if anyone could tell me some of the easier ones to do. I was looking at some of them and it seems like the supples would be more than $1 a bag. Would love to do it but don’t want to break the bank any suggestions on which 3 to pick?

Most of the supplies can be purchased at the Dollar Store so that it can be done for under $1 per bag fairly easily.

3. Whitney says

Great idea! We did this in our homeschool group for those of us with younger ones in need of activities while their siblings are schooling. It worked really well, so I recommend doing it “offline” with friends or a mom’s group if you miss the opportunity here!

4. Katrina says

I remember seeing an article on DIY Activity Bags not long ago. I thought it was an article posted here, but I can’t seem to find it. Does anyone remember this?

Thank you, thank you!!! I was so annoyed at myself last year that I missed the swap, but I’m hoping I can do 60 bags this year – my son is almost 4, but my daughter is almost 2, and pretty darned advanced. I’m hoping that they’ll let me do two preschool sets since little sister has to do whatever big brother does!

6. Chris says

I signed up! I had been wanting to do something like this with my friends and it never worked out. What a great idea!

7. Kristen says

this is an excellent idea! I hope she opens this up again next year when my little one is old enough to participate!

I did some of those! They are so nice!!! I don’t have preschoolers anymore…but would encourage any of you wanting to do one, to buy your own Activity Bag book and do a swap in your own area or online group of friends! They are pretty easy to do! http://activitybags.com/
    The moms that put these together, are moms of many children and did a great job with it. They have some cheap eBooks as well, and Science bags, Travel activity bags….etc.

Woo-hoo! I’m excited about this! I am a homeschooling mommy of four (ages 6, 5, 3, and 2), and these activities will be perfect for keeping my 3-year-old busy during school this year. Thanks for posting this, Crystal!

10. Kristen Helbert says

Thanks so much for this link! I’m definitely participating in the PreK category…and might participate in the older categories and save them for when my daughter is ready.

11. Laura says

Yay! I’m so excited for this! I was hoping to get into the Toddler swap, but my son is at the cusp of being old enough for the Preschool swap, so I just signed up for that one. Thanks, Crystal!

12. Victoria says

I just signed up for the Preschool Swap. Thank you for this wonderful idea! I can’t wait!

13. Bridget Burritt says

Oh if I wasn’t having my third child in three weeks I would be jumping on this as we are starting homeschooling with my 4 year old this year and I have a two year old.

I just signed up for the preschool swap! Can’t wait to get creating these bags. Perfect for keeping my little ones busy while since i work at home! Thanks so much for posting this!

15. Megan says

Thanks for posting!! So excited, can’t wait to get my assignment and get started on making them!! This will be great for everyday around 4pm. Our betwitching hour!

16. Mpayshnt says

Do you know when she will be contacting people to tell them whether they’re “in” or not?

Both swaps are now closed. I now need to group everyone together into swap groups and notifiy the coordinators. You should hear from your swap coordinator in the next few days.

For the toddlers, there will be 2 groups of 15, with 5 fill ins for each group.

For the preschoolers, there will be 12 groups of 30, with 2-3 fill ins for each group.

I signed up for the pre-school swap too! I’m also super excited about it as I’m starting homeschooling with my oldest next month and this will give my youngest something to while we work. Thanks for the link, Crystal!