Ask the Readers: What are the best direct sales companies?

Today’s question is from Jen:

I’m currently a stay-at-home wife and mom to a six-month-old little boy. My husband was recently honorably discharged from the military & we’re beginning our new life in a new location.

I’m thinking about getting involved with a direct sales company (Avon, Pampered Chef, Lia Sophia, etc.) but don’t know which company to go with. There are so many of them! What are the best direct sales companies to work with?

Do you have a question you’d like to ask Money Saving Mom® readers? Read the submission guidelines and submit it here.

Comments

1. Julie says

It is really necessary to do something you believe in and are passionate about. I do Health Coaching from home for a program I used myself to go from a size 14/16 to a size 4/6 in 14 weeks and have kept it off for 5 1/2 years. I lost my mom when she was only 57 due to obesity related disease and I was on my way along the same path. So far I have assisted my family in losing 1,800 lbs. I think I have been successful because of my beliefs. I build my business through referrals from happy clients and it is rewarding and profitable. 200+ clients in the past 5 years. My website is http://www.julieadams.tsfl.com If you want more information my e-mail is easy2slim@aol (dot) com . I am so thankful to get to work from home, help others and take care of my kiddos.

2. Jess says

I don’t have any experience with selling (I’d be awful at it) but I want to chime in and say if you are going to have a “business” please branch out past your friends and family. I don’t know how many times I’m hit up at work, at church, etc for me to buy some junk. I hate it to be honest. In fact, I even get texts to my cellphone because one person got my number from church!

I really want to be nice and supportive, but not at the cost of being unfrugal and spending money I really don’t have for junk I really don’t need (or stuff I could get cheaper elsewhere.)

I don’t mean to be mean about it, I want to be financially wise with my money and I don’t want to have to choose that over being supportive to my friends/acquaintances, but I will.

I’ve sold Pampered Chef as more of a hobby, but when I was working it I made about $500 a month, plus lots of tax deductions, so I definitely came out ahead. I do agree that it’s best to go with a company that doesn’t have a ton of consultants in your area. As a customer, my favorite companies are Stella & Dot and Norwex. Stella & Dot jewelry isn’t cheap, but it’s awesome and you don’t see everyone wearing it. And Norwex products are just amazing – if I was going to get back into DS, that’s what I would do. My consultants’ websites are http://www.cleaningisfun.com (Norwex) and http://www.stelladot.com/cathyrozz (Stella & Dot) if you want more info.

4. Angie S says

I don’t sell anything but I looked into different companies (mainly Premier Designs) about 7 months ago. I agree with the people who say “DON’T DO IT”! I was recuited heavly by a Premier Designs consultant and after doing a lot of research, I decided I didn’t have the personality for direct sales.
    Here are some key points to think about/check into:
    1)If someone tells you no, will you take it personally? If so, direct sales is not for you! I had it in my head that if I had a party, then all the people I had purchased stuff from over the years would purchase from me, WRONG! I can honestly say I was peaved after several people I had purchased lots of items from didn’t order from me.
    2) Look into hidden costs! After some research on Premier, I found out that there is a yearly “customer service” fee of $300 that she didn’t mention. And you have to pay a fee to be able to accept credit cards. Plus, they don’t mention all the little items you’ll need like pens, file systems, postage, gas to get you to & from, etc.
    3) Dave Ramsey says you don’t go into debt to make money! If you don’t have the money to pay for ALL the expenses associated then don’t do it. The Premier lady tried to sell me their credit card & said that I had six months to pay it off & only needed to have 4 parties to pay it off, but what if you get sick, are in the hospital, break a leg, etc., etc. How are you going to pay for it if you can’t have parties?
    4)Is the product made well & who has to pay to return/exchange it? At the Premier party I had, there was 1 completely necklace, 1 broken pair of earrings, & 1 ring the wrong size (the box said 7 but the ring was a 6). All of these were poor quality control by Premier but honestly reflects badly on the consultant as well. And while I’m not a 100% sure, I bet the consultant had to pay to ship the items back to the company.
    5)Who/where is your competition? Mary Kay has thousands & thousands of consultants, maybe your coworker or neighbor sells it & you don’t know it. Also, I have a friend that sells me MK at retail & one that sells it to me at 50% off (she just does it for the discount), who do you think I’m going to buy my MK from? :)
    6)Do you really have the time & effort required? The Premeir consultant made it sound like she was making all this money & only working 2-3 hours per party. But she was really putting in more like 10-15 hours per party, which drops the “hourly wage” they tell you that you’ll make.
    7)Is it convient for your party guest to order? For anyone who couldn’t attend my party, the consultant sent a book to each, then I had to collect the orders & money. Some companies (like Scentsy) have a website that they could order from directly was is wonderful.
    8)Is the company current with technology? Such as is there a catalog online, is their ordering system easy to enter or a major pain in the rear? I had a Scentsy book party & I watched the consultant enter the orders, it was so easy! She had all my orders entered & I was out the door in 30 mins. Also Premeier doesn’t have their catalog online because they say it takes away from the face to face selling. Well that’s really nice in theory, but I prefer to take a quick look on the internet & go from there. It’s called convience!
    Sorry so long! It may sound like I’m attacking Premier but that’s because I looked really hard at becoming a consultant. And unfortantely for them, ran the other way with out looking back!!
    Hope this helps & you should really pray about the direction you should take, God may have something else in store for you!!

5. Amy says

I really can’t stand Direct Sales companies. I was forced to attend one that was part of a baby shower for a relative. At the party, the consultant repeatedly told stories of “cheapskates” at former parties who didn’t buy anything. Also, Norwex and others (can’t remember the name of the baby care products co. that I went to) make ridiculous claims for their products–like “you can save 90% on your cleaning costs by buying this $20 washcloth!” Please, please, Crystal, tell us how we can avoid being invited to these parties!

I’m a SAHM of three children 4 and under. Back in January, I joined Thiry-One Gifts after much prayer and consideration. It’s allowed me to bring in an extra $400 a month so far without much stress and effort! The company is amazing, the products are amazing…definitely a blessed company that is on the rise. If you were to get into any direct sales company, this would be the one I would whole-heartedly recommend!

Hi there, I just started my own business with Thirty-One gifts and absolutely LOVE IT. I have tried several other direct sales companies and this one has surpassed all of my expectations and then exceeded them in ways I had not imagined. Without doing anything too extravagant, I have built a small but fabulous team, love the product and it sells itself, and it’s something everyone can use and it offers something for all kinds of lifestyles. They offer fabulous, exclusive prints in totes, home storage and purses. I love that you can customize your items with personalized embroidery or leave it plain jane if you wish. Please email me with any questions. This company is truly amazing! Best of luck to you in your adventures!

What are the best direct sales companies to work with? It all depends on you. I have done or considered them all. I am also a SAHM. One of the main reasons I love direct sales is not the money, but the opportunity to meet and interact with adults. I recently moved to a new town also, and my business allows me to make new friends.
    I have been a rep for Avon, Tupperware, Stampin’ Up!, Passion Parties, Lia Sophia, the list goes on. I am now a Thirty-One Gifts Independent Consultant, and I have found Thirty-One Gifts to be the right one for me. I absolutely love the products. It is always fresh as the products and designs change with the seasons. This was very important for me, because with the other DS companies, I would get bored with selling the same stuff, tired of retiring old products and learning to sell the new ones, and frustrated when there was just too many products to keep track of. I find Thirty-One to have a great number of products to sell… not too many, but there is definitely something for everyone.
    There are many discouraging comments here. The amount you profit depends on the amount of work you put into it. Don’t allow yourself to be your best, highest-spending customer. Direct sales works, when you are determined.
    But your question was “What are the best direct sales companies to work with?” For me, Thirty-One Gifts.

• Cammie says

Vault Denim is a new company that is rapidly growing. If it isn’t in your area yet, it will be and you are going to LOVE it!! I am SO happy to have joined this company. Check out the link above and let me know if you have any questions!!

• Cammie says

You are more then welcome to email me at cammieheffern@vaultdenim.com to learn more
        Vault Denim is a direct sales company that is a little different than others. Our consultants don’t have to spend money to purchase their own inventory- we provide it. Customers don’t place orders at home parties and then wait for products to be shipped- they wear their new jeans home. And because we sell the same jeans found in department stores for up to 50% less, people are lining up to host parties and become a part of this fast-growing, exciting company

I was reading some of the replies on my iPhone and had to get to my computer so I could type out a response faster. :)

There is NOTHING wrong with direct sales. Nothing. As long as you have the right mindset when you go into it. And as long as you have the right attitude toward the people who will be your support.

There will always be people out there who poo poo these businesses. Sometimes it’s because they themselves could never do them.

I do not do direct sales through a company that requires any sort of parties but I do sell my own jewelry that I make. It’s difficult and time consuming. There is no job out there that you can do successfully in just a few hours a week.

My biggest piece of advice is to go out and network with people who are NOT family and friends after you’ve made your decision. Networking is a skill that the most successful sellers perfect quickly. Then you don’t have to rely solely on family and friends to help support you unless they WANT to (not have to out of a sense of obligation).

As for companies…

Have you considered Miche Bags or Send Out Cards? I just had a Miche purse part a few weeks ago and it was awesome. People love the purses and I think this consultant does very well.

Send out Cards is awesome but does require about $600 to become a distributor. But it’s something that does not require inventory and you don’t have to get people to sign up underneath you as other distributors if you don’t want. I’m a card junkie…LOVE sending them out to people so I joined as a distributor to get the lowest rates. But now, after not even promoting it except for sending cards to people, I have several people who have signed up. Imagine if I were promoting it.

Anyway…just be careful. I’d avoid things like ACN or FHTM. I have a cousin in one and a friend in another. They just don’t pass the “smell” test for me.

Good luck!

10. Jean Porter says

I sold Mary Kay for a few years. (started in ’06) It was nice because it was a consumable product, but it seems as if our area is oversaturated with consulants.
    I also spent quite a bit to start up. It was only $100 to start, but my director pressured me to stock an inventory. She said it was important to have inventory on hand.
    The more you initially purchase, the better rewards you get. I wound up spending $2400 but barely broke even my first year. I tried to anticipate what my customers would buy, but I had items that eventually expired before I could sell them.
    I got exhausted with it. I sold off all my inventory and only sell to friends and family now. I don’t bother with parties. I make 2 orders yearly and make a small profit and get the discount for myself… I still love the products.

• Melanie says

Wow, what a hot topic!! I have sold with 3 MLM companies, and never made any money. It can put a lot of stress on friendships as well. My father in law that is a tax preparer said if you’re going to write of space in your home, vehicles, be completely prepared for an Audit. After his 40 years of doing taxes, that is where he has seen the most hits, is those that claim those write offs, even if they are legit it can become a dauntless task. I too, would like to pull in some extra income, but have learned that this isn’t the way. After 14 years of marriage and with 4 kids, I really find when I benefit our family more, is when I try and see how to hold on to money, rather than going out and making it. There are many ways to save money by learning more about cooking from scratch, spending less on clothes, swapping with friends for skills such as hair cuts, babysitting, sewing etc. It can be done.

11. Janie Gentry says

Just a few observations: I read some of the replies (not all of them) and I see things with which I agree, and some with which I disagree. I have sold Tupperware in the past, when I was in nursing school, trying to raise two children as a single mom. I actually cleared a little pocket money, and I have Tupperware in my pantry which I have had more than 25 years!
    I’m now disabled and sell Avon to supplement my income. The possibilities are limitless with Avon, and with some of the other companies, I’m sure. An Avon representative who is willing and able to get out and work, can earn 50% of her sales, along with having the opportunity to purchase personal items at discounts.
    Yes, there is some investment involved: samples and brochures and delivery supplies, but the investment is well worth it, IF you are willing to work.
    I don’t have a “down-line”, people whom I have recruited, but if I did, I could earn even more.
    I think that someone moving into a new area and who doesn’t know many people could do quite well with Avon.

12. Tracy says

I’d recommend going with something you know or love. At the end of the day, you can’t sell any direct products unless you know alot about them and use them yourself. I, personally, love lia sophia! I love the jewelry and there is room to grow. Plus, it has a lifetime guarantee — really nice if you have kids who like to “play” with your stuff (like I do!!). This really is a personal choice. There is money to be made in direct sales, however, most people try to deduct as much as they can for tax write off purposes. My manager makes over $40K a year, but deducts most of it so her Schedule C gives her a tax break and doesn’t exactly show her profit. Good luck!!

I sell Mary Kay, after many months of looking into companies I found that they have the highest pay, most flexible schedule etc, and the most support and little effort. You can email me through my site if you want to know more.

THere have been so many good comments on this post. I think that there are lots of pros and cons to direct sales, and it truly requires some serious thought and investigation. I have been doing various direct sales things for many years. I’ve already made a post about my experience with Mary Kay, but currently I am a consultant with a company called Simply Fun that sales educational games for people of all ages. I chose this company by going through the direct selling association’s website. There are so many options to choose from and this really allowed me to find a company that sales products that I would feel confident in selling and that fit in line with my skills, and talents. I work in education, so being able to offer and suggest products that fall in line with helping students learn and helping parents be able to spend good quality time with their children really worked for me.
    I did a few parties to get myself started and have made some great sales which mainly works because I can offer friends and family members a chance to buy items from me at they can use as gifts, because these are things they will be buying anyway (like board games, puzzles, etc). However, I would not consider myself an active consultant since I work full time outside the home. The nicest thing is that I don’t have any requirements or minimums that I have to maintain to stay in the company, so it was a really good fit for me.

I would just suggest really finding something that would fill well within a natural frame of life for you. Don’t sign up to sell candles if you don’t really use candles yourself or don’t get a chance to talk with people about candles, otherwise you will have to force things and it will be quite awkward. Good luck.

Thirty-One Gifts!!!!!! it’s a faith based company, derived from Proverbs 31. We sell amazing purses, bags, totes, gifts etc and it’s only $99 to start and you get $300 worth of inventory!!!! Check us out! :)

Wow, there have been so many great comments here! I personally have worked with several sales companies, which I won’t bother to list, but I have to comment on the “work with a company you are excited about” idea. Having belief and excitement in a company/product is fine, but that doesn’t necessarily translate into being able to make a decent income. If you don’t have an outgoing personality, if you don’t have a large circle of friends who have disposable income, if you aren’t willing to commit to working HARD for at least a year, then DON’T start with a DS company! I have been with a couple of great wellness companies and been passionate about the products and what they could do for people, but my small circle of non-wealthly contacts were not interested! :-( Having done many months of research on the companies out there and what they offered, if *I* were to pick a party company, it would be a food seller like Tastefully Simple because it’s consumable (and yummy!). I have an acquaintance who’s doing quite well with TS and even kept their household afloat when her DH lost his job a couple years ago until he found something else. But since my family is involved in frequent evening classes, etc. parties wouldn’t work for me because I wouldn’t want to be gone from home that often! It really is dependant on your particular situation, your personality, time involved, range of contacts, etc. and only you can decide what works! I finally found a company where I didn’t have to *sell* anything, which I was totally thrilled about – all I do is help people SAVE money on their gas & electric bills and it costs them $0! I was quite comfortable with that since I’m not a “salesy” type. In closing, I hope you spend time looking into your options, praying hard and getting input from your husband so you make the best choice! God bless! ;-)
    Lori at http://www.getpowerforless.com/

First of all I think Thirty One Gifts is the best direct sales company right now- I have been selling for 2 years and am definilty not the sales person type and really feared that my friends and family would be scared off if I told them I sold the product- but truth is that i loved the products and slowly I mentioned to people and they wanted to have parties and I do a lot of fairs and festivals and get sales and parties that way- I do not harrass my friends and family to do parties all the time- I rely on people who want to have a party to earn free products and I have done pretty good- have I risen as quickly as others, no- but like I said I also did not want my friends and family to think” oh geez here she is trying to sell me something again)- that is not me and not how I chose to go at this business-also that being said I would never encourage girls ion my team to go into any debt to start or join- I love the products and can and do buy the add on kits each season but for my girls who cannot I lend them my products so they don’s have to spend money- I also talk and coach my girls- not to spend but on how to find the right people who want to do parties.

I read each and every post and it is sad that people can and do give direct sales a bad rap- 31 Gifts has greatly impacted my life in a positive way and given me just the amount of work that keeps me stimulated as a Stay at home mom- please email me or any of the other 31 girls on this thread if you have any more questions. Whatever path you choose- I thinkthere is some good advice on here- like don’t carry a lot of inventory and yes there is work involved to be successful at any business

I’ve read most of the posts above and there’s a lot of pros and cons. I’ve had more than 20 years of experience in direct sales and did direct sales coaching on the corporate level for a few years. Speaking from personal experience, money can be made if you work your business like you want and not be pressured to work like your upline wants. More money is made when you have a product and a list of clients and/or hostesses, and the drive to follow thru. The first direct sales company that I was in allowed me to make money on the side while holding a job until my son was born. Then I was able to stay home with him for 3 years-just doing my business, and was able to contribute to unexpectant closing costs a week before we closed on our first home. So it can be done!

But the mistakes that I made along the way was- choosing the wrong company and/or the wrong product line. The products that you choose must be ingrained in your soul in order for you to work the business. If not, you won’t be motiviated to sell it. In my case, it’s essential oils and organic products; I wouldn’t be able to sell a product line that contains parabens or other artificial ingredients. So I would make a lousy Avon or Mary Kay rep, because their products, along with probably 98-99% of skin care in direct sales companies, contain harmful ingredients. So these are things you need to consider when choosing a product line.

Also, you have to look at the overhead of the supplies to run the business. Are the catalogs $2 each or 50 cents each? Do you have to constantly replenish your stock such as with housewares or jewerly? Or is it a consumable product that people use everyday and would need to reorder?

Also, you have to have your family’s full support. A complaining spouse will never help your business.

So in a nutsell, have a passion for the product-consider the future overhead-and have your family’s full support. Be willing to work hard; it is a job-not a hobby. Keep good records-use Quickbooks if you have to. And treat your business like a business and you should be fine.

http://www.speakonit.wordpress.com- Check out here for reviews on direct sales products and companies.

19. Jeri Alvis says

I have been a Premier Designs Jeweler for about 4 months! I love it! It is a bible based debt free company! The relationships that I have made are some of the best I have forged in years! There are some start up costs, but making 50% profit makes it easy to pay back! Some of the best advice is if you train, you remain; if you don’t, you won’t. Look into it and pray for guidance! God will see you through!

20. Kim S. says

Ok, I wasn’t able to read through all of these, but my bit of advice is something you always hear, Location, Location, Location. Think about where you live before you decide what to get into. My MIL does Stampin’ Up, which is something she really enjoys very much. She is definitely an introvert, but she’s always loved rubber stamping and pretty much started doing it so she could get the discounts herself. She’s actually been pretty successful with it, much to her surprise. It does take a lot of her time, although she primarily does classes in her home over parties anymore. Where she lives is a rural farming area where people are more into crafting and homemade things, which is why I think she does so well. One of her neighbors tried selling Premiere Jewelry for awhile and completely failed at it. I think it was because the area isn’t a high income area and most women aren’t into wearing a lot of jewelry, especially when they are farmers. These women could justify buying stamping supplies to make their own cards and things, but not spending money on jewelry that they would only wear on special occasions. Whereas I think some towns near where I live would do very well selling the jewelry and not so well with the rubber stamping.

21. Rachel Miller says

There are a lot of replies..but just had to chime in. 1) you have to be “all-in” on the product. 2) you will sometimes be out of your comfort zone. this is a good thing. makes you stretch as a person. 3) treat it like a business, it will pay you like a business. treat it like a hobby, it will pay you like a hobby. either way is great. depends what you want out of it.

We all get products and/or services from somewhere. That’s why I love direct sales because I know exactly who it is helping. It’s an exchange. How great is that, to know where your money is going. I really don’t know where my money all goes when I go to Wal-Mart!(although couponing helps with that!)

Jen, as a consultant of seven years with a wonderful company, I can tell you that this job can be very rewarding. I am able to be a stay-at-home mom by day, and contribute to my family’s income in a significant way at times that are convenient for me. The flexibility is a perfect fit for our family. However, the key with ANY home business is that you get to work WHEN you want, not IF you want. If your goal is to make money then you will need to be consistant in the work you do. The hours I chose to work each week vary to fit the needs of my family, but I still work the same number of hours. The Today Show recently did a segment on direct selling that has some great information– http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/3041440/ns/today-money/#43711379 Another good resource is the Direct Selling Association– http://www.dsa.org/ One last thought, as long as the company is reputible, offers good home office support and does not require a large ($200+) initial investment I think that they are all pretty comparable. Then pick a company that offers a product you truly love and believe in–something that you would buy and use even if you were not a consultant. The most successful consultants offer their customers a valuable experience, not just a catalog with prices. Good Luck!

23. Jody says

Don’t do it! :) Everyone that you have a relationship will wonder what your motives are for interacting with them.

I agree that you don’t make money right away, but I think many people quit in direct sales too quickly because of that. It’s not a get rich quick deal but if you give it some time you can help supplement your family’s income. I chose Clever Container in part because it’s a company where there aren’t thousands of consultants out there. It is only a few years old so you can have parties where people are excited to come because they’ve never been to that kind before (unlike Pampered Chef, Tupperware, Partylite, etc.). I am the only consultant in my area so I don’t have the competition which is helpful when you’re starting out. Check out our awesome and unique products for organizing. EVERYONE wants to get organized and Clever Container provides not only the products but also great tips for getting there. And by the way, you don’t have to be super organized yourself – the company provides you with free training, conference calls and party scripts. Check out my website for more info: http://www.clevercontainer.com/sarahkeller
    Good luck and cherish your sweet baby! Good for you to stay at home – you won’t regret it!

Wow! What a great discussion! Interesting to see so many different sides to it. I have been a distributor for It Works Global since October 2010. We sell body contouring products, skin care and supplements. Before signing I knew NOTHING about direct sales and to be honest very skeptical of it myself. The first few months were tough and I wasn’t sure if I had made a mistake. I came to find out that with anything new you just have to give it time. I LOVE the company I am with and am now making a profit and very happy I decided to stick with it. Feel free to look at my site http://www.wrap4health.com Good luck!!

25. Megan says

Everyone so far that has posted has made some very valid points. I would have to agree with those above that said you absolutely need to be passionate about what you do. No matter what company you end up joining always way out your initially cost and how much time you want to put into it. It you have a large contact list, a lot of personal ambition and enough time (15-20) hours a week. You can succeed at whatever you do. I myself have watched many women in my area grow their business’s and work their way up in just the last year or two that I have been involved with Arbonne. I have gone to their national training conference and seen the leadership and amazing products that they offer to sell. They have such a great heart to help others make a difference in their lives. I have not heard one selfish, rude, or self-seeking person that has made it to the top. Just in the last 4 months I have personally watched 4 people in my area alone reach the car level which is where you can make on average 5 to 7 thousand dollars a month. If you are looking for a great company with awesome men and women leaders and great training to help you reach your own goals then this is the place to look. If you want to go to the top, you will be able to find someone who is willing to get you there. I would recommend reading Dare to Dream Work to Win before you decide on any DSC. It will give you an idea of what it really takes to make it to the top and succeed. I also would look at a company that has consumable products and is something that is up and coming with the times (healthcare and weight loss.) Also look at how saturated the market is (you want something that not everyone has heard of yet. (Arbonne has only reached about 2 to 3 percent of the United States yet.) Honestly I have looked into direct selling many different times and even seen different people succeed and fail at what they do. It is up to you and your drive to make it happen. Do what you want to do.

One network marketing business to check out would be Shaklee. They are the number one natural nutrition supplemnet company in the country. All the products are safe, green, and work and they have been since 1956!
    I have just finished my second month with Shaklee. I work from home and get out when I can to meet people who are interested in non-toxic household cleaners, organic baby care products, healthy weight management (an inch-loss program), or supplemnets that are bio-available and very effective.
    You can watch a video (about 7 minutes) that explains what makes Sahklee different: http://content.shaklee.com/shaklee/flash/show.php?video=difference
    We’ve seen a difference in our family. My husband no longer needs high blood pressure meds and our 8 year old son is no longer taking ADHD meds. We are using natural supplements and seeing wonderful results!
    You will not regret checking it out!

I’ve seen a few people comment on the company Thirty One. I am also a consultant for this company and I absolutely LOVE it. I’ve been in direct sales for 2 years now and I feel that the Thirty One products really sell themselves. Just like any job, you are going to have to work when it comes to climbing that ladder to success. Thirty One is a faith based company and our founder, Cindy Monroe, started this business in the basement of her home. She had been in direct sales before and decided to develop her own party plan. Thirty One was founded in 2003 and we are a fast growing company. I personally recommend Thirty One. I don’t know if you’ve ever seen any of the products, but if you haven’t you should really check out the website and look at them. My daughter is 3 now and I can honestly say that these products have really helped me become a better organized mom. Check out our new fall catalog at http://www.mythirtyone.com/ascearce , I promise you won’t be sorry that you looked. Even if you don’t decide to sell, I’m pretty sure that w/ a 6 month old you will find something that will help you stay organized too.

I just wanted to chime in on this subject. I started in November 2010 selling for a company called Wildtree. They are a natural food company whose products are all natural, no MSG’s, no preservatives, no additives, no food dyes, ect. Their signature product is their grapeseed oil. They have various infusions (garlic, basil pesto, butter, chili, jalapeno,ect). I went to a party a friend had just interested in the products. I had never heard of this company before but I was really impressed with the products, the quality, packaging and having never been in direct sales before I thought I would give it a try. I pretty much signed on for the discount, but I have had a few parties here and there and I just signed on my first recruit. I liked the idea that if you are not a direct sales person, then you could just eat your kit….It’s food products, so it’s consumable. It’s not like selling candles, or lotions–things that people can do without. Food is a mainstay, and people are looking to eat healthier and improve their diets and lifestyles…Anyways those are my two cents. If you want to learn more about Wildtree here is my website.

29. Tanya says

I am an independent distributor for Premier Designs Jewelry. When I started in the business it was for extra money. Little did I know several months later it would become a main source of income. The company is based on Biblical principles and one that has changed my life. Like any direct sales company, you have to work your business. What you put into it, is what you will get out of it. Financially, the sky is the limit. The company wants to enrich lives through serving others. I had no idea how enriched my life would be just by selling (and wearing) beautiful jewelry! I would love to share more with you and wish you the best!

I’ve found that premier designs jewelry is an amazing direct sales company to work for. They have phenomenal benefits for you and your hostesses! It is a little expensive to get into but it’s easy to make your start up money back and there are quick start incentives
    to really get you motivated. There’s also no monthly quota or anything like that. You work as much or as little as you want (as long as you’re not sponsoring anyone). Good luck!