Doreen emailed me her baking mix recipe almost a year ago and I’ve had it in my file ever since to try. I finally got around to making it during my Freezer Cooking In an Hour session  this week.
It was so simple to whip up and I’m excited to see how it works. I’ll be posting four different recipes using this mix in the next few weeks as I try them. In the mean time, here’s the baking mix recipe:
Homemade Baking Mix
- 10 cups flour (I used freshly-ground whole-wheat. Doreen suggested doing half white and half whole-wheat.)
- 8 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/4 cup powdered milk
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar or turbinado
- 2 1/4 cup coconut oil or shortening
Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Cut in shortening or cold coconut oil until you have fine crumbs. Store in a tightly covered container in a cool place (if you use freshly-ground flour, store in the freezer). Use in place of Bisquick.