Cloth Cash Envelope Pattern

A reader emailed in a link to these cloth cash envelope patterns. I know there’s no way I could make something like this, but I thought I’d pass it along for those who may be interested in purchasing it (or using it as inspiration to re-create something like it on your own!)

Find more posts on how to set up a cash envelope system here.

Comments

1. Elizabeth Sue says

My husband bought me a set on Esty, from Saving Money in Style for my birthday. I love them and I get compliments on them all the time!

2. Sarah says

Yay!! I’ve been wanting something like this. My Dave Ramsey envelopes are held together by a lot of tape!

3. Lynda says

I have this exact wallet…except I didn’t make mine…I bought it from tresmarias’ etsy shop already made. I had to save up for it, but it was one of the BEST purchases I’ve made lately!! It is made very well and keeps me organized. :) I LOVE IT!

4. Mary says

I’m wondering how others manage envelopes for categories where you share money with your spouse. Gas and groceries are the two we have the most trouble with. DH usually keeps our gas envelope, because he drives much more than I do. And I usually keep the grocery money because I usually do the shopping. But sometimes he is away and I need gas money, or I need him to pick groceries up on his way home. Any tips?

• Christina says

What we have done, is to ‘expand’ our envelope system to include banks. We have one bank that is used for nothing but household bills and gas. This is where the majority of DH’s paycheck goes. We both have a check card and use it for gas. My DH doesn’t do well with cash. If he has it, he spends it. So we have another bank that I put spending money in for him for the month. We also have a bank for our tithe. And a fourth bank for savings.

• Trina says

What me & DH do is we have a budget of $100/wk for gas. So I take $50 and he keeps $50. As far as groceries go, I’m the one who normally does all the grocery shopping so I keep that envelope. But if I need him to pick up something on the way home, I have him use the debit card and then I put that money in the bank.

• Lindsay says

We have a debit card just for gas. For groceries, we have one main envelope. However, we each have a separate grocery envelope in each of our wallets. His only has about $20-$40 at a time in his– but that is just enough if I need him to pick something up on the way home from work.

• Jessica says

If one of us needs to get gas and doesn’t have the envelope (or we have kids in the car for that matter) we use the debit card and pump a perfect amount in the car (say, $30 exactly), then we move the money from the gas envelope to an envelope that will be deposited on the next bank day. For groceries on the way home, my husband keeps $20 in his wallet to use and then replenish it out of the grocery envelope when he gets home. This sounds like so much trouble when I write it out, but it works well for us!

• kelly says

we basically keep the gas money and date night money in the house in envellopes then just take it when we need it….i do all food shopping so no tips there:)

5. brook says

That is so cool! I made my own out of pretty cardstock, but they are about done in. Fabric is a great idea! Maybe I can convince my mom to make it for me :)

6. Blythe says

love it! I am totally dave ramsey with the exception that I use credit cards. (This wallet makes me want to do the cash system, just because it is too cute!) My husband and I always pay off the balance every month in FULL. So they don’t steal our money and on top of it we get rewards which give us extra money. This doesn’t work for everyone you have to be able to handle a credit card. I treat it like a debit if I don’t have the money now I don’t spend it.

• Emily says

My husband and I do this with our credit card. We put all purchases on it, for reward points, and pay it off at the end of each month. We use the rewards to get Walmart giftcards, etc.

We used to do that, but are in the process of switching over to cash. Because as Dave says, you are more likely to spend more money when using credit than cash – and this has definitely been true. The 30% we save by using cash is much better than the 1% rewards we had been getting.

• Andrea Q says

The same person that sells this pattern also sells finished items in her Etsy shop. You can purchase from her there…just click the link.

• Emmy says

Thanks a bunch. I thought $10 for a pattern was a bit steep! I usually get mine free or a buck at hancock’s!

7. Alex says

Boo. It’s not working right now. The etsy shop says that the pattern has been sold.

I also found some zippered wallets at our local Goodwill recently. Since I haven’t learned how to sew yet, thought they would help in the meantime :)

9. Ashley says

I use the zipper pencil pouches that you can buy for pennies during back to school. We have an area where we keep the pouches and we know that, if we have to stop and get fuel or groceries, we need to grab money from the pouch before we leave the house. I found that if I carry my envelopes with me I play the “I’ll just take $5 out of this…” game. Now, we take the money we need, then return the change and a receipt at the end of the day. It keeps us honest and our money tends to go further. Sometimes, I find myself wanting to stop by the store to pick up something for dinner, but when I realize I’d have to go home to get the money then come back to the store, I realize what we have at the house is perfectly fine for a meal. :)

10. Rachel Clay says

I have a wallet from this site. I love it and get lots of compliments. Had great customer service too!

11. Kristina says

It says the item has been sold. Does that mean it’s unavailable any more or am I missing something since it was a free download?

12. Stephanie says

I purchased a cash wallet about 6 months ago.. I love it! She does a great job and its well worth the money..

13. Jaime says

I almost bought those a couple weeks ago, but I wasn’t sure if I would like the cloth or if it would hold up. Instead, I went with pretty cardstock ones from JennsWay on Etsy. They just came yesterday and I love them! They slip into my Dave Ramsey leather case perfectly and they are really pretty. They were very reasonably priced too ($9) and came customized. I’m sure they will eventually get tattered, but my original DR paper ones lasted me 6 months and these are thicker cardstock. I’m also sure I could’ve made them, but they are so very well-done and the convenience was totally worth it!

14. Heather T. says

Very nice, I am using a Klemet’s free coupon organizer, it works awsome and it only cost me buying brats which we love!