100 Summer Activity Ideas

My friend, Amy, from MomAdvice.com has put together a fun page with 100 different Summer Activity ideas.

Comments

Thank you so much for sharing this, Crystal! Love low to no-cost activities to do in the summer with your kiddos! Hope you guys are having a wonderful summer! xo

• Marie says

maybe it’s my mommy brain on the fritz but I can see the pictures and love the ideas but don’t see where it tells you how to do them? Am I just missing it? Someone help please. I love the rainbow pop idea but don’t see how to make it.

• Misty says

Marie, click on the activity/idea picture that you’re interested in and it will open another window that takes you to the link that has the directions… :)

2. Kelly says

Some of these are ideas that even my 2 youngest (13 & 14 yr. old) sons will enjoy. I’ve been having trouble finding ideas for them. Know of any sites that are geared towards parents of teen children? Thanks!

Kelly- I don’t know of any sites in particular, but I tried to find things for all age groups. I definitely think your kids would get a kick out of the Netflix origami and the food craft ideas. Good luck with your summer!

4. Melissa says

Love this!!!!! So excited to try some of these this summer with my boys. I love that they are all in one spot and I can go back and refer to it throughout the summer and they are all so simple. Thank you!

5. Becky Simoes says

What a great idea!!! I can’t wait to try out some of these things with my 3 year old daughter!! Thank you!!!

Excellent list! We found one that we were already planning (the Fourth of July indoor fireworks; we are saving toliet paper rolls already).

We make a ton of popsicles in the summer; last week I made peach pie popsicles and they were a huge hit! We also make chocolate pudding popsicles and juice popsicles title.

We don’t have an ice cream maker, though I think your plan to get one at the beginning of summer is a great idea! We still make sorbets without one; right now I havehoneydew sorbet in my freezer.

We are also planning of having a week of sewing lessons, where my daughter will make an 18 inch doll dress from start to finish. I am also working on some free dollhouse printables (should be up on my site in the next week) that my children are planning on using in their cardboard dollhouses.

We are making apricot jam in the next couple of days, when our apricots are ripe.

Your list is really excellent! Have you made the bubbles before? I got a kit to make them several years ago. We could not get them to work. Ours came with a book. I noted in the book that the bubbles work best on a day and in a place with high humidity. We live in the desert, and it’s not very humid here (10% humidity is considered very humid here and those days are rare), which is why (the book explained) that they didn’t work (you need about 33% humidity).

We also did a doll washing day recently. All of the baby dolls went outside in a washtub, and we washed the doll clothes in there as well.

We’re going to do some painting this summer, too (watercolors, and painiting with just water on the patio).

I really, really like your list! We don’t go on vacation, but we do a lot of these types of activities throughout the year. We are going to make those ice boats today!

7. Kristen Fifer says

I’m loving these ideas too. I really don’t get the idea behind Pinterest. What does it mean to ‘repin’? Can I go to my Pinterest account and review these again the whole summer? I just don’t want to lose this great info! LOL
    Thanks

im so jealous!! i want in on pinterest!! how does one get an invite to this secret pinning goodness? great summer ideas btw! :D