Yesterday’s Dillon’s Shopping Trip

And finally, we stopped at Dillon’s yesterday and got some great deals! I double-checked the ad and it looks like all of these (except the marked down milk!) are running through this coming Tuesday.

1 American Beauty Pasta – $0.49 each when you buy 10 participating items
Used 1 $0.55/1 American Beauty Quick Cook Pasta coupon from the 4/10 SmartSource insert (There are also $1/2 coupons here.)
Free after coupons + overage

2 Quaker Quakes Rice Snacks — $0.79 each when you buy 10 participating items
Used $0.55/1 coupon from the 5/21 Moments to Save insert (“doubled” to $1 off)
$0.29 each after coupon

2 half gallons of milk — marked down to $0.99 each

6 bags of Boulder chips — $0.99 each when you buy 10 participating items
Used 3 $1/2 coupons
$0.49 each after coupons

1 box Mom’s Best Naturals cereal — $0.99 when you buy 10 participating items
Used $0.75/1 coupon (“doubled” to $1 off)
Free after coupon

2 Better Oats Oatmeal Packets — $1.35 each
Used 2 $1/1 coupons
$0.35 each after coupons

My total after coupons was $7.11.

Comments

I love that you list your shopping trip. We don’t have a Dillon’s near us, but I like to see how others coupon to help me out. Thanks!

2. Kristin says

Where else can I get the boulder chips? I live in Oregon and we don’t have a dillon’s. :( but I do have the coupons for $1/2.

• Sarah says

I’m in AZ and saw them at our Kroger affiliate (Fry’s) and happened to see them at Sprouts too…I think Sprouts is only in AZ, CA, CO, and TX but try a Whole Foods-ish store.

3. Janet says

Crystal,

Not that I know anything to inform anyone else, however a few months back my grocery store hired folks to be “security” and if you take coupons and do not use them right then and there (from tear pads or other areas around the store the store claims this is stealing. I just wanted to let you know as you mentioned this in your grocery series and I am not certain as to who is right.

Crystal-

What’s a good way to save at the grocery store if your store (or stores in the area) do not take printed coupons from the internet and they do not double?? Thanks.

Have a budget, shop with cash, plan a menu, buy in bulk, buy ahead, sign up for coupons for free items, play the drugstore game, make meals with inexpensive ingredients, cut back on meat, look for markdowns, be creative and think outside the box… there are dozens of ways to save without using coupons, so don’t be discouraged if your store has difficult coupon policies!

Read my 31 Days to a Better Grocery Budget Series for more:

5. Robyn says

Does anyone ever have trouble using printable coupons at the grocery store? I’ve only tried it once and the store wouldn’t take it so I’ve never tried again.

6. jen says

Just shopped at our King Soopers in CO (Kroger affiliate) and did the EXACT same deals! Funny. :)

7. Gillian says

Wow, half-gallons of milk here are regularly priced at $0.99. (I live in Western NY).

I went shopping today at my Kroger affiliate, King Soopers, and did many of the same deals. I also got Ronzoni pasta (Smart Taste and Healthy Harvest) free, Carefree pantiliners free and Ragu pasta sauce for $0.55 each. Great day for deals!

9. Cris says

Got those chips last were and they were THE BEST! Tried parmesan-garlic flavor and BBQ and will be back for more this week since I was able to print more coupons. Try them if you can find them!!!!

10. Beth L. says

I absolutely LOVE that oatmeal. The Better Oats brand has much better ingredients than most instant oatmeal packets, and it tastes great too!

11. Lisa says

Was your receipt correct? When I tallied the items (in my head and rounded up a penny), I got (.29 x 2) + (.99 x 2) + (.49 x 6) + (.35 x 2) = $6.30 and that’s with rounding up several cents and not counting the overage. Even with tax, the receipt seems a few cents high.

12. L says

Good grief, do you shop every day? Do you actually use everything you buy? Just seems like it could be a waste of time and money to shop all the time.

I usually go once — possibly twice — a week, usually no more than 2-3 hours of shopping total tops. I enjoy it, I save a lot of money doing it and I have fun passing along some of my deals to others if we don’t end up using it. So it’s a win-win all around! :)

We’re on a strict cash-only budget for groceries, gas, etc. so we are very careful with what we spend and this system works out well for us. I know it’s not for everyone, but we’ve saved thousands of dollars by shopping at more than one store, using coupons and planning menus around what’s on sale and what we have on hand.

Check out my 31 Days to a Better Grocery Budget for more helpful ideas and suggestions on getting the best bang for your buck at the grocery store.

13. Patti says

I signed up at the mom’s best website. We would love to try this cereal. The coupon still isn’t in my email. Did anyone else experience a delay in getting the link emailed to them?

14. Patti says

mom’s best coupon link still isn’t in my email box
    Did it take long for any of you to have this in your email?

• Michelle says

I signed up last week and never got an email, so I tried it again today and this time I got it right away.