Walgreens: Deals for the week of May 8-14, 2011

Here are the best deals at Walgreens this week, with thanks to Mercedes for her help with compiling these:

COUPON DEALS

Carefree Pantiliners (20 or 22 ct) – $0.99
Use $1/1 coupon from the 5/8 SmartSource insert
Or use $0.50/1 printable
As low as free after coupon

Clean & Clear Morning Burst Bodywash at $5.99 – On Sale Buy One Get One Free

Zantac – $17.99
Use $5/1 printable
Stack with $3/1 Walgreens printable
$9.99 each after coupons

REGISTER REWARD DEALS

Buy 1 Sun Burnt Gel at $3.99, Get a $3.99 Mail in Rebate
Free after Mail-in-Rebate (form prints at checkout)

Buy 1 Nexcare at $2.99, Get $2.99 Mail-in-Rebate (on package)
Use $0.55/1 coupon from the 4/3 or 5/1 SmartSource insert
Free plus overage after coupon and Mail-in-Rebate

Buy 1 Renew Life Ultimate Flora Probotic at $15, Get $15 Mail-in-Rebate
Free after Mail-in-Rebate (form prints at checkout)

Buy 2 Colgate Dental Care at $3, Get $4 Register Rewards
Colgate Gum Defense or Colgate Advanced Toothpaste, 4 oz
Toothbrush

Use $0.75/1 coupon from the 5/1 SmartSource insert
Or use $1/1 coupon from the April All You magazine
As low as free after coupons and Register Rewards

Buy 1 Gillette Fusion Proglide at $9.89, Get $5 Register Rewards
Use $4/1 coupon from the 5/1 P&G insert
$0.89 each after coupon and Register Rewards

Buy 2 Pampers Jumbo Pack at $9, Get $3 Register Rewards
Spend $20 in Pampers products get back a $5 Register rewards (Unadvertised Monthly Register Rewards, look for tags in stores)

*Deal Idea*
Buy 3 Pampers diapers – $27 total
Use 3 $2/1 coupon from the 5/1 P&G insert
Stack with $2/1 coupon from the Walgreens Infant Care Booklet (will deduct $6)
$2.33 each after coupons and Register Rewards

New to shopping at Walgreens? Be sure to head over and check out Walgreens 101 where I explain in detail how to maximize the mileage of your money at Walgreens. See the full list of deals at Walgreens this week over at Common Sense with Money.

Find

Do you have your shopping trip planned or did you come up with a great deal scenario/idea? Just post about it on your blog and leave your link below. To make it easy for everyone to navigate quickly through the links, your link must link directly to your Walgreens deals post. Links going to the homepage of your blog or any other part of your blog besides the direct link to your Walgreens deals post will be deleted.

Comments

1. Amanda says

Clean & Clear Morning Burst Bodywash at $5.99 – On Sale Buy One Get One Free
    Buy 2 and use Buy One Get One Free coupon from the 3/27 SmartSource insert
    Free after coupon

I’m sorry but can someone explain how this works?

• Chelsea says

It’s kind of hard to explain, but basically both body washes initially ring up on your receipt. The first one is automatically deducted by register because of the sale. The register reads the remaining body wash as you “buying one” so it allows the cashier to deduct the price of one to get one free with the coupon. So you end up getting the 5.99 price deducted off twice. My wal greens, and many others, will refuse to honor this.

My walgreens said that you cannot use a BOGO coupon on a BOGO item. I cant find anywhere on their policy that its ok to do so. Is this so?

• K says

Scroll down to “Buy One, Get One Coupons” The first line states 2 coupons can be used against the 2 items purchased under a BOGO promo.

It’s in their best interest to accept the coupon in this scenario as they get reimbursed plus extra from the manufacturer….but many people don’t understand how coupons work so it’s easy to understand how a customer getting two items for free is unnerving. But taking the policy with you should help.

• Mary says

My store would not accept the B1G1 Clean & Clear body wash, either. To be honest, this was my first time in a Walgreen’s in about six months because it always ends up being a pain. My cashier wasn’t particularly friendly. I may wait longer before I attempt to go again. I just get treated so much better elsewhere.

3. Susie says

@Amanda
    buy 1 and the store will give you one free, so far you paid for one, but if you use the 3/27 coupon you also get one free. This means you get 2 free, one from the store and one from the coupon. Hope that helps. But per Charline, you cant use this Q’n with this store promotion.

4. Susie says

@Amanda
    buy 1 and the store will give you one free, so far you paid for one, but if you use the 3/27 coupon you also get one free. This means you get 2 free, one from the store and one from the coupon. Hope that helps. But per Challice, you cant use this Q’n with this store promotion.

5. Chelsea says

Question… Awhile back I got a q that printed like a rr that was 5 dollars off my next purchase of pampers diapers and wipes. is it consider a mf q, wags q, or rr? I’m so confused by it!

6. Rachel says

The pampers RR prints as $5 off your next purchase of Pampers, not your next purchase of anything. And some people are saying that you have to buy a combination of diapers AND wipes to get the deal. I wish these catalinas were easier to understand. I hate going there and not being sure exactly what I can get!

Here’s what I bought today:

2 Jumbo Packs of Pampers Diapers, $9 each
      used the $1.50 OFF coupon & $2 OFF Infant Care Booklet

1 Pampers Wipes, $2.99
      used $.50 OFF coupon

$13.49 out of pocket {it was actually less since I had a RR from last week}
      Received $5 off your next purchase of Pampers
      Received $3 RR

I should have kept going and bought another Jumbo Pack but I didn’t have another manufacturer coupon with me. I’m not sure if that helps you since I received both the monthly and ad RR for this week and bought wipes. I actually think it’s a better deal if you buy the wipes since it will be less out of pocket.

• teresa says

I bought 3 packs of diapers and both the $5 q and the $3 rr printed. HTH.
      I too wonder if the q is a manuf q or Wags q.

• Rachel says

I went today and bought 2 jumbo packs of Pampers Cruisers. The computer had a hard time with my coupons ($2 off from P&G home mailer, $1 off from P&G $110 booklet, $2 off Wags Infant Care coupon). It wouldn’t accept either of the manu. q’s but the cashier forced one through and the Wags one worked (and doubled) after he took off the P&G $1 one.

In the end I paid $12 + tax and received a $3 RR and a $2 off coupon for Pampers. I actually kind of like the $2 coupon for Pampers better than a $5 Catalina on Pampers because the coupon doesn’t expire until July, and Catalinas usually have a month at most. That gives more time for a good deal to come back around.

To me, a “Catalina” that’s only good on a specified product (like the $5 Pampers one, or the Freschetta one I received this week which was only good on a Mother’s Day floral purchase – ??) are coupons, not catalinas.

7. Andrea says

I went to Walgreen’s this morning and purchased 2 packages of diapers for $18 and then wipes for $2.99. I received the $5 pampers Catalina, but not the $3 RR. I would definitely say that the system is not spitting out both rewards for one transaction. IMO, don’t try to hit the $20, stick with the two diapers for $18!

• Niki says

I have done 3 pampers transactions already for just over $20.

I bought 2 jumbo packs 2/$18 and 1 wipes $2.99 = $20.99
      I recevied the $5 of Pampers MQ and $3RR every time. I also got $4 of from the Walgreens IVC booklet and my $3.50 ($1.50 on each jumbo pack and $0.50 off wipes). The code for the IVC booklet is 5521, if your cashier doesn’t have the booklet and will accept a verbal code. Only one register at my store has said booklet.

On todays (3rd) transaction for Pampers I used the $5 MQ the register printed yesterday and still got another $5 MQ again today. But there was a hitch and the fix was to enter $5 MQ first, my PG MQs and scan booklet last.

With my RRs and the $5 MQ from the register I should get my Pampers transactions for around $6 for 2 packs + wipes for the rest of the week.

I plan to alternate my Pampers transaction between sz 1 and sz 4. Buying for baby showers and then diapering my kids too. I only go once a day. Twice, sometimes, but for different deals.

*I also did the B1G1 on the Clean & Clear Body Wash. The manager honored the coupon and I bought 1 and got 2 free.

I have to say my Walgreen’s has been especially generous, patient and fair since I started couponing there two weeks ago. Every problem they have taken the time to work it out with me in fair and reasonable manner. I forgot to scan some coupons (had half the crew with me), some that I really intended to use. They were nice enough to accept them the next day (with my receipt) and reimburse me for MY MISTAKE.

I also appreciate all of the insight and information exchanging going on here. Thank you, Ladies!

• Niki says

Mine are date 7/05/2011. They are a manufacturers coupon for $5 off your purchase of more than $5 in Pampers. Had a discussion with the manager about this one because I was using 2/1.50 and 1/0.50 for the products already. I won him over with my scenario that the lesser coupons were designated per item and the $5 off was for the entire purchase.

All- I have been poking around the Internet and it looks like walgreens is starting to communicate potential changes to their coupon policy for B1G1 deals (you have to pay retail for 1 and get 3 free…kind of confusing, I know).

9. Carli says

Today i tried to use my BOGO coupon on the BOGO sale for Clean and Clear Body wash. They refused to accept my coupon even after i showed the manager the walgreens coupon policy which specifically outlines the BOGO policy. I have already filed a complaint, what is the point of having a corporate policy if your not going to abide by it!!!!! Will no longer be shopping at Walgreens

This might be a regional coupon but in THIS week’s SS insert, there was a $2/2 Reach OR $2/1 MULTIpack of toothrbushes. This made the reach toothbrush deal- FREE!
    Scenarios

2 Reach toothbrushes 2/$6
    -2 $2/1 mfc
    pay $2oop get $2RR :)

11. Katie says

I was at Walgreen’s and they wouldn’t let me use the coupon from the infant care book AND my 3 manufacturer’s coupons because they said that the coupon in the ICB was a manufacturer’s coupon (that can only be used at Walgreen’s). Very disappointing…and I don’t understand what happened.

• Julie in IN says

Same thing happened to me; Infant Care booklet coupon says manufacturer coupon only good at Walgreen’s; disappointed no one mentioned this important detail in advance.

12. Minh says

I am new to this website. Would anyone mind to “show” me how to get coupons from SmartSource insert?. I went to “SmartSource” under coupons on this website but I could not see any of these coupon.

• Minh says

Crystal,
        Thanks for your instant respond. So are the Redplum inserts in sunday papers as well? I am in VA, what sunday paper should I get to get these coupons? I am thinking I may get Washington Post.

13. Liesel says

I don’t have a lot of these coupons. The carefree, Colgate, Clean and Clear, nexcare, etc. And I’m a coupon saver, I have all the SS and RP coupons in my binder (that aren’t expired) from the last several months. Are some regions just a lot worse in terms of actual coupons in the inserts? Can I order papers from different places?

• Louise says

I’m wondering the same thing.. how can I order papers from these regions that get all these amazing coupons? My SS and RP hardly ever have the coupons listed in the match ups. I don’t particularly want to go to ebay or wherever and have to get them. Maybe somehow find a ‘coupon penpal’ in a different region and each other send the other their specific regions coupons. May be cheaper than subscribing to a paper… I don’t know. So frustrating…

14. christy says

I live in NW Indiana, just outside Chicago. Our regional papers’ coupons are not that great. However, I am able to subscribe to the Chicago’s Paper which has great coupons. That has made all the difference in couponing. If you live near a big city, see if you can get a subscription to their big newspaper.