Grocery University Huge Sale! Grocery University Huge Sale! Current Price $8.97
Time Left at This Price!
Buy Grocery University »

From Thrift Store TV Stand to Adorable Play Kitchen

Fresh Cut Flours bought this tv stand at the thrift store.

And she shows you how she turned it into this adorable play kitchen. Is that not the coolest transformation ever?

Comments

That is incredible! It’s amazing how often you see something for free and never think outside the box at what it could be! I could do the same thing except make a workshop for my 2 boys!!! Thanks for passing this one along for sure!

This might be the cutest play kitchen ever… it rivals my pink retro kitchen for sure and I bet it’s a whole lot sturdier than anything we can buy in the stores!

3. shanna rangel says

oh man that is beautiful and no one else will ever have that….your kids are so lucky that’s a keep for the future kids.

4. Dani says

Absolutely amazing, I love this! We are getting new beds etc.. for the kids room this winter and my son has my old entertainment stand from when I was growing up and its similar to this one. I may have to copy this idea! I LOVE it!

• Debbie says

Ann,
      I clicked on your link and your daughter’s dollhouse is so adorable! My boys are now almost 21 and 17 years old, but if I ever have the fortune of having a granddaughter (hopefully in a distant future) I will make her a dollhouse myself. Great job!

5. Stacey D. says

What a precious, affordable way to recycle, repurpise, reuse & even reduce all rolled into one! That is 1 less LittlTikes play kitchen made, ths that much less plastic. Just think how much of something like this you could do with just materials you have laying around! Those little ones are certainly blessed to have such a creative & thoughtful Mommy & Daddy! I bet they have the most popular & envied play kitchen ever! :-)

I wonder how much the materials cost. Although even if it was more $ than something you got on CL, it would be worth it to have something that someone made!

• Rae says

She said on the post that it cost $25 for the furniture piece and $100 for the other materials so $125 total so not super cheap but when you think about how sturdy, durable, and completely unique it is (and I’m sure will be passed down through generations), I’m sure it was totally worth it :)

• AJ says

On the linked post it mentions that the cabinet was $25, and the materials to transform it were $100. Incredibly amazing – I’m in awe of people that can see something as so different from what it once was!

That looks like something my brilliant MIL would do. I so admire crafty people. I’m an idiot with my hands. Love this!

8. Kristen Trappett says

UM WOW, that is all I have to say, some people just got it when it comes to vision!!!

9. Lisa says

My five year old just saw this and said “now THAT is stinkin’ cute!” LOL. I agree.

10. Courtney says

So cute! I hope they are going to anchor it to the wall, though, so there isn’t a chance it could tip over on a little one.

11. Joy says

Wow! I wish I knew about this when my boys were little. People in my area put these entertainment centers out on the curb all the time when they upgrade to big screens. So if you can get one for free even better. I bet if you could get several of these entertainment cabinets, you could transform them and then sell them.

12. Amanda says

I absolutely love this idea. It’s by far cuter than any plastic play kitchen I’ve seen. It’s as cute or cuter as the Pottery Barn ones, and so much cheaper. My baby girl is only 4 months, but I’m making big plans. :) You better believe I’m going to be scouring the curbs to see if I can make this a dumpster dive find!

13. Kristine says

That’s awesome! I’m so untalented at DIY and crafty stuff, but I admire those who can do it.

14. shannon says

Wow. Wish I could see the way you do. All I saw was a junk tv stand. Amazing!!! Bravo!!!

15. Jenny says

Fantastic!! I love it. Now to start searching the garage sales and thrift shops! It looks wonderful – well done!

16. Laura Johnson says

I want one! I knew there was something lirking when I took a picture of a similar TV stand at a yard sale. Gotta go back now to get it!!

17. JenniferD says

We have been trying to get rid of our college TV stand (that we got for free way back when) for years now. I am SO glad I saw this post because now, instead of that old TV stand taking up room in our garage being unused, I’m going to do just this and make a beautiful play kitchen!! I’m so excited!!

18. Kristin says

This is one of the neatest posts you’ve ever done! Keep them coming, these are so inspirational. What a talented lady she is!

19. B says

That is so adorable! I wish I had a little girl, I think I would be trying my hand at that!

Way too cute!! My 15 year old daughter saw it and loved it. She had a traditional plastic kitchen because the wooden ones were too expensive. I’ve seen similiar in catalogs for hundreds. Will keep this in the back of my mind for future grandkids!!

21. Becky R says

I have a small stand that would make a perfect tool table/workshop for my little guy. Papa built us a train table, so I am thinking we can enlist his help. Grandparents do love to make things for their grandkids, as we have witnessed above. It is a labor of love and more precious to them to give than a store bought item.

Repurpose, reuse, recycle & get creative! I would have never thought of it and now I will be looking at thrift store and throw away furniture in a whole new light! This looks way cooler and better built than the wood kitchens you can buy at the store… Not to mention a lot cheaper and bigger! Thank you for the inspiration!