Do-It-Yourself: Baby Washcloths

It’s a Priceless Life shows you how to make baby washcloths. These would be a very inexpensive and practical baby gift!

Do you have a fun and frugal DIY idea to share? I’d love to hear about it! Read the submission guidelines and submit it here.

Comments

1. Becky says

These are just darling! Is it just me though–the thing I love about baby washcloths are that they are so thin & kind of flimsy? I use them to get in every nook & cranny on the babe, & I’m not able to do that with “nicer” baby washcloths even like the ones with the piping just around the edges.

• Dineen says

I like thin and flimsy too. You can squeeze them out with one hand while you keep hold of the baby with the other.

Cute! I also like to use this same method to make burp cloths and “toddler” size towels. (Make a matching shower curtain for a super-cute set:) You can use old bath towels and cut them up, or buy thin bath towels from the Dollar store rather than actually buying terry cloth by the yard or buying baby wash cloths to make it cheaper:)

3. Amanda says

What perfect timing! Baby #3 is due anytime now and I was just thinking how I REALLY need to get some baby washcloths!
    Thanks so much for this post!! I’m off to Joanns!

Love this idea. This same thing can be used to make great cloth baby wipes. If you know someone who cloth diapers like me these would make terrific shower gifts. I know it might seem a little odd but I would love someone to make me some of these for a gift like Mothers day.

• Amanda says

If you use cloth diapers you’d probably be thrilled to get a wet bag for Christmas, or woolies for your birthday. I can’t explain it, but I’d be happy to get adorable wipes for a gift, too. Wrap up some of these cloths with a cute soap and a ‘For you or your little one’ note, and you’d have a sweet gift.

5. Krysti says

If you are into really green diapering (as we are) these make perfect cloth wipes as well.