Legitimate Survey Companies To Sign Up With

Looking for something to do to earn a little extra side income or gift cards? You won’t get rich taking surveys, but they are a nice way to earn a little extra income on the side. This is something I enjoyed doing when Jesse was in law school, I had a lot of free time on my hands, and we had little money.

If you’re looking for legitimate survey companies to sign up with, here are a few to check out:

Pinecone Research (currently not accepting new sign-ups): My personal favorite survey site. They pay $3 promptly for every survey completed. I try to post here every time they are accepting new sign-ups so stay tuned for that.

My Survey: You earn points for every single survey you take–even those which are just qualifiers! So you will never waste time and effort on a survey only to discover you don’t qualify. You can redeem your points earned for cash or prizes and every 1000 points equals $10. Go here to sign up.

Inbox Dollars: I used Inbox Dollars primarily for the money you could earn for reading emails. It isn’t a huge payout, by any means, but it also doesn’t require much more than clicking on a few emails everyday and earning a few cents. Go here to sign up.

MyPoints: This is a site that rewards you points for online activity such as reading emails, taking surveys and signing up for offers. When I was participating in this, I mostly just read the emails and clicked on the links and slowly accumulated points. You won’t get rich quickly doing this, but you can earn enough points by reading emails to get free gift cards each year. We paid for our few and far between law school date nights mostly with gift cards I earned through MyPoints. Go here to sign up.

SurveySpot: This company pays up to $5 per survey and you can request payout when you have earned $5. So therefore, it’s not hard at all to
earn enough to get a check. Go here to sign up.

CashCrate: Once you sign up, you can go to their “Daily Survey” tab and earn around $0.50 per survey you take. They usually offer 1-2 daily surveys. Go here to sign up.

iPoll: Pays in point rewards for every completed survey. You can cash these in for instant win opportunities, sweepstakes, or cash. There are also opportunities to do free product testing. Go here to sign up.

Toluna: When you sign up for Toluna, you will receive 500 points to welcome you to the site. When you have earned at least 60,000 points, you may redeem your points for a cash reward. Go here to sign up with Tulona.

LightSpeed Research: This survey site pays in points and they are fairly generous in their points given. Once you’ve accumulated enough points, you can cash them in for cash, online gift certificates, music downloads, and hundreds of other prizes. Or, build up your points for bigger prizes in your Lightspeed Points Account. Go here to sign up.

And don’t forget you can also sign up for the Money Saving Mom® Survey Panel.

What are your favorite legitimate survey companies? Tell us in the comments!

photo credit

(Note: The links in this post are my referral links. Read my disclosure policy here.)

Comments

1. Jen says

Opinion Outpost is great. They pay $1 to $5 a survey. You can cash out for Amazon.com e-certificates starting at $5.00 and you can request a paper check at $20.
    Join here: https://www.opinionoutpost.com/join.php

Surveyhead.com is good. They pay $1 to $3 a survey and I sometimes take 5 to 10 a day. You can get all different types of rewards starting at $10, and you can request payment via PayPal at $25.
    Join here: http://www.surveyhead.com/index.php

• Heather T. says

I also was going to say Opinion Outpost, I get tons of Amazon money thru them.

• Shelia says

I’ve been using Opinion Outpost as well…. LOVE cashing in points for Amazon certs.

• Shauna says

I have been using opinion outpost also and I love the option for Amazon certificates.

• Sara P says

I also was going to say Opinion Outpost. So far this year I have cashed out for fifty bucks. I like that they have a lot of surveys and they don’t waste my time by making me answer 20 questions before I screen out

• CJ says

I too like Opinion Outpost. I probably only qualify for about 20% of the surveys they send me but it still adds up. I earned $1.50 today for one that only took about 15 minutes and have earned about $43 so far this year. I like that I can choose Amazon.com gift cards or cash. I also earned $3 today for a Pinecone survey.

2. Jen says

Hi Crystal: The link at the end to your Money Saving Mom Survey Panel doesn’t work.

3. Stephanie says

I am a member of most of the above listed companies including the Money Saving mom panel. :) I also like Opinion Outpost as there are multiple choices for payout options (Amazon credit, Check, VISA debit card) and you can rack up survey dollars quite quickly.

• emily says

I am part of the Money Saving Mom panel too but I have noticed if I do SSI surveys through another site, that I have trouble doing them through the Daily 5 link too. They just do not want to credit for some reason.

4. Amanda says

There is a site that is very similar to Inbox Dollars called Send Earnings. In addition to taking surveys on those sites, you can get $ for printing and using coupons. 10 cents per coupon redeemed. I am also signed up at Opinion Outpost, and I like it as well.

• Amanda says

I have been a member of Disney Parent Pulse for about 6 months. I was sent an e-mail invitation to join. I have only done about 3 surveys for them. The rewards are basically sweepstake entries.

5. Beth Anne says

I also really like Opinion Outpost! They have good points and cash out for amazon money, pay pal, or checks. Pinecone and my survey are great also.

6. Natalie says

Opinion Outpost did not work for me as I never qualified for surveys or they got to their quota before I could take the survey. Also, I did not have success with Synovate. Apparently they give products to try….never tried anything and it took forever to get enough points to make $5. Once I hit the $5 mark, I waited for my check and deleted my profile. I’ve been a member of Pinecone Research for a while. I find they have the most simple system for making $. They give a survey that you already qualify for and pay you promptly for it.

• emily says

Pinecone is my favorite, too! They are the simplest one to deal with. I like MySurvey too. It is pretty simple and easy. If you screen out of a survey, you get 5 points anyway. I at least like that part about it.

• Ambrosia says

I had the same experience with Opinion Outpost at first. I would hardly ever get surveys and when I did I would usually not qualify, but around Christmas time last year things picked up and I made a lot through them in a short time. In Jan and Feb things were slow for me and then picked up again later. I would check in on them again and see if things pick up for you.

I miss Pinecone. Unfortunately I’m no longer a member since they push people out from time to time and I’ve yet to get back in.

7. vicki says

I am part of e-rewards. You earn e-rewards currency that you can use to buy rewards. Since last march, I’ve earned 2 $25 american eagle gift cards and a one year subscription to allure magazine. The surveys take less than 10 minutes usually.

• emily says

I am a member of e-rewards too. You have to be invited to join e-rewards though by a merchant like American Eagle. I was invited by American Eagle.

• Sara P says

Just curious if you can sign up for e rewards or like the poster below said you have to be invited to join?

8. Susan says

I recently noticed that MyPoints now offers Paypal as a redeem option. So, can now get ‘cash’ through that site rather than just gift cards!

9. Ashley says

I heard of Inbox Dollars but it didn’t look legit.

I use Opinion Outpost and LOVE IT! I have been using it since October of last year and have made $150 off it. My husband used it before from 07-10, he just didn’t have time to do it.

I highly recomment Opinion Outpost! :)

Ashley, Inbox Dollars and its sister company, Send Earnings, are both very legit. I just received a check from Send Earnings a few days ago. It takes awhile to reach payout, but it’s painless. :)

10. Peggy says

Pinecone Research is by far the best! Personally I wouldn’t bother with Inbox Dollars…most likely I’ll be at a point I can cash out & then opt out of their services…they really irritated me this past year with a cash offer that they weren’t crediting me for (customer service is nonexistant) and finally got it resolved by reporting them to the Better Business Bureau…a major hassle to get what should have been an easy credit. E-Rewards is pretty good too – just wish they had a wider variety of rewards…

11. Elke says

I’m a member of Pinecone Research for about a year now and I have to agrre with the two other Ladies, there surveys are easy and they pay you right away. I testest for some companies lately and I liked that also incl.
    my Hubby we both have different taste and that was important to me as a Customer and panelist.

12. Lynn perry says

I like Opinion outpost. They have a low cash out. I don’t think they offer a lot of options for casout but in the past 15 months I’ve collected $100 in amazon.com cards.

13. Jessica M says

My favorite is Toluna.com there are many ways to earn points other than the surveys, and it is kind of fun too! I am getting at least $20 a month from this website. I also am using mypoints which I have gotten over $200 to date in gifcards, but now that I use ebates I will not be getting as much from mypoints. If I have time I also check opinion outpost, mysurvey and synovate. But my top is definitely Toluna! Check it out!

14. Dawn says

Opinion Place Surveys!!! Short surveys (usually less than 15 minutes) and pay about $3 each. No minimum threshold, they pay you after each survey usually within about 3 days. You can choose between paypal, Amazon.com gift cards or other payouts. Easy peasy!!!

15. Lynn says

I like e-rewards. The site is easy to use and you get points even if you don’t qualify for surveys. This past year they have been offering gift cards for Target, Macy’s and iTunes.

16. Leighann says

Great post! I just got a $25 Amazon gift card from Mypoints today, in fact! I’ve gotten literally hundreds of dollars in gift cards from Mypoints since I signed up with them 10 years ago. When I was looking to switch car insurance companies, I went through them and got 10k points and instead of paying $150/month for car insurance, my new company (a better company!) charges $90/month. So savings all around!

I also would like to recommend Harris Polls; I’ve also been with them for about 10 years and have also gotten hundreds of dollars in gift cards from them. I had built up enough points last year to get $100 in Amazon gift cards and we used those to buy Christmas presents (with free 2 day shipping thanks to Amazon mom’s prime!). You really CAN get nice rewards from survey companies.

17. Christi B says

I do two survey panels. One is Snovate. They hardly ever send me a survey or I never qualify. The other one is Toluna. Seems like I am always doing one for them but half way throught they say I don’t qualify. It seems to be taking me forever to accumulate points for gift cards. That said, I’m really not sure if any are worth it. I’ve only gotten one thing to try. :(

• Stephanie says

Toluna does take a while but I’ve found it comes in spurts. I just cashed out for my most recent $20 check which makes $100 from them in a little less than a year. Patience is the key with most of these companies.

I have been doing Mindfield for awhile. I just completed a 3 month study where I would input info on any gift wrapping purchases I made. I got $50.00 for that one!

19. coupon woman says

I like Surveyhead. You earn stuff (like Amazon gift cards etc) not cash but they don’t bombard you with emails. I don’t like Toluna. It takes a lot longer to earn cash and they send you a TON of emails every day.

i LOVE pinecone research. i get free full size products to try and do surveys on. i also get paid promptly $3 per survey, they send a check in the mail.

Valued opinions is a good survey company-I’ve used them for about 3 years. I also agree with the recommendations for Synovate, Mypoints, Inbox dollars, and e-rewards.

• Stephanie says

I like Valued Opinions too. I’m about to cash out for my second Amazon credit with them.

22. Lori says

American Consumer Opinion is good. I’ve had some success with Opinion Outpost but it was rare for me to qualify for a survey. I really disliked Inbox Dollars. It took forever to earn anything and then they took back several dollars of the reward money for administrative fees.

• Amanda says

I do American Consumer Opinion and have been paid as much as $20 so far for testing products. I have also gotten paid $4-8 for doing surveys with them. I also have been pre-qualified for an online focus group that was for $100-$150 (I cannot remember). I was hoping to get picked, but didn’t. Hopefully, I get chosen in the future. I have never had a problem getting paid and was able to contact them when I had a problem accessing a survey in the past. I definately recommend ACO and wonder why they are not on the list above.

23. Jody says

I’m looking forward to trying out some of these survey sites. Thank you for the information: ) I tried to register for the moneysavingmom panel however it said that my email was already a part of the group and I couldn’t register however I had never registered before. I just wanted to see how I could register or if I was already registered somehow?

24. Dineen says

Personally, I dropped Survey Spot when they changed their reward system a while back and it seemed all I was getting was sweepstakes entries.

I like BuzzBack the best now. They used to send a check after every survey, but now they pay will with Paypal once you reach a $15 cashout minimum.

MyPoints I have been with for a long time; with patience for clicking on emails, I can get some decent cards and I like it better than Swagbucks.

But most of the others you name, while legitimate never seem to have surveys that allow me to qualify, so they are not worth my time.

25. Jonie says

Myview
    This a good survey site. It pays 125 pts even if you are disqualify for a survey. The points add up pretty fast and I have since claim amazon gift card and visa prepaid card. They also have some retail and restaurant gift. (The visa prepaid is a virtual card, so you can only used it online. If you want to request for a actual visa prepaid, they will deduct $3 or $5 for admin fee)

note: I still have 5 invitations left, anyone interested please email me by clicking on my name above. thanks.

Beezag
    This is not a survey site but you get points by watching short video clips and enter the 2 numbers that flashed across the screen. Points add up pretty fast and you can cash out 8000 pts for $8 paypal. You can claim amazon gift card by emailing them separately when you claim your rewards. They are adding more gift cards soon.

You can earn more points by buying online through their link but I don’t do that as I seldom shop online.

Here is my link if you are interested to join:

I am also a member to Pinecone and Synovate. Pinecone pays very fast and their survey are easy and not too time consuming. Synovate is ok but so far I never recieved any product to try.

/jonie

• Tammy1409 says

I just checked out Beezag. It’s set up the same way as the Cash Video section of InboxDollars. I used your link to sign up. Thanks!

I’m still waiting for Pinecone to open up registration. Can’t wait to join based on all the positive feedback!

• Jonie says

Thanks Tammy and the rest who signed up Beezag under my link. Really appreciate it. It is like a little memory game and at the same time earn some points. Easy peasy. :)

26. Melissia says

I have used MyPoints for years. They are awesome. I saave up my points to trade for gift cards @ Christmas.

Wow so much info! Do u have to buy stuff or sign up for credit building offers, to earn points or get paid? Well I look forward to looking up these sites!

28. Tannia Bailey says

Hi! can anyone tell me if Ipsos-i say survey legit? I’m part of Pinecone, it’s easy and they pay with in 3 days.

29. Kristen says

I have been a member of Synovate since I was 18. I am now 30. I have received several samples, and receive several checks a year from them. I have no trouble earning points. I also have been a member of Pinecone Research for a few years. I never have been kicked off. Survey panels usually don’t kick you off if you fill out a quota of surveys a month, or give them enough feedback, why would they get rid of you? I have received a pluthra of products to test for them. So many, in fact, that I almost got off of the panel because I found it to be exhausted after working full time and also being a full time college student, I just did not have time on the side. So, I am not sure what everyone else is doing, but I have had NO problems receiving checks from Synovate or Pinecone for years. There is always a check in my mailbox 3 days after I fill out a survey with Pinecone, because I don’t want the paypal option. Panda research and mindfield seemed to be a waste of time as far as banking points to redeem. Long surveys for not much credit.