Walgreens: Deals for the week of May 1-7, 2011

Here are the best deals at Walgreens this week, with thanks to Mercedes for her help with compiling these:

COUPON DEALS

Tylenol Precise Product – $7.99
Use $5/1 printable
Plus use $3/1 coupon from the May Walgreens coupon booklet
Free after coupons

Puffs – $0.99 with in-ad coupon

Kellogg’s Cereals or Pop Tarts – $1.99
Buy 3 and use $1.50/3 coupon from the 4/10 RedPlum insert
Or buy 3 and use $1/3 printable
As low as $1.65 each after coupon

Cottonelle (12 pk) – $5

*Deal Idea*
Buy 2 Cottonelle – $5 each
Use 2 $0.50/1 printable here (IE) or here (FF)
Plus use $1/1 coupon from the May Walgreens coupon booklet (takes off $2)
Pay $7, Get $3 Register Rewards
$2 each after coupons and Register Rewards

REGISTER REWARD DEALS

Buy 1 G-U-M Eez-Thru Flossers at $2, Get $2 Register Rewards
Free after Register Rewards

Buy 1 Fixodent Cleanser or Adhesive or Scope Mouthwash at $3.99, Get $1 Register Rewards
Use Free coupon (Up to $3) from the P&G insert
Free after coupon and Register Rewards

Buy 1 Right Guard Total Defense 5 or Dry Idea Antiperspirant/Deodorant at $2.99, Get $2 Register Rewards
Buy 2 and use Buy One Get One Free coupon from the 5/1 RedPlum insert
$0.49 each after coupon and Register Rewards

Buy 1 Gillette Fusion Proglide at $9.89, Get $5 Register Rewards
Use $4/1 coupon from the 5/1 P&G insert
$0.89 after coupon and Register Rewards

New to shopping at Walgreens? Be sure to head over and check out Walgreens 101 where I explain in detail how to maximize the mileage of your money at Walgreens. See the full list of deals at Walgreens this week over at Common Sense with Money.

Find Do you have your shopping trip planned or did you come up with a great deal scenario/idea? Just post about it on your blog and leave your link below. To make it easy for everyone to navigate quickly through the links, your link must link directly to your Walgreens deals post. Links going to the homepage of your blog or any other part of your blog besides the direct link to your Walgreens deals post will be deleted.

Comments

1. Susan says

If you have the P&G BrandSampler booklet, there is also a $5/1 Gillette Fusion Proglide Razor System, exp. 5-31-11 in there.

2. Abe says

i just went to Walgreens in NJ and the price is 8.49 so i got it for 49 cents..Still a great deal!

3. Heather says

I am having a real problem with Walgreens. The last 2 times I’ve gone in there for deals and have written down exactly how to do them (being a newbie) – when I use my coupons so that they should be free – they throw a fit because it takes off the sales tax and if they ring up all the coupons – they say they’ll owe me money and make me buy something ELSE. I don’t WANT to buy anything else, I want to come out spending no money, as shown. What am I doing wrong? :(

• Heather says

Walgreens won’t pay you money. Sometimes if your total is below $0.0 they will make you add in a filler item. Also if your total is only tax they will make you add a filler items sometimes. Since you have to pay Tax. At least, that has been my experience. You dont have to buy anything major. I normally buy a piece of whatever the $0.49 chocolate or candy special they are having. You arent going to be able to start getting stuff free right away. It takes time and patience. I have been couponing for almost 2 years now, and I still make mistakes and I just chalk it up to another one in the book and I learn from it. Just dont get frusterated all the time. I also learn names of the employees in my walgreens that are my favorites and I shop when they work. Most of them have the same schedule every week. I let them know I try my best to get the best deal and I want to save money and that I do donate. So they look forward to seeing me when I come into the store and they wait for me at the Beauty counter to ring me up and see how I do it!! I even share with them the candy sometimes after I purchase it since I really don’t eat it anyways! :)

4. Janine says

The Cottonelle deal did not work for me. No ECB’s advertised or given at my store. They told me the ECB’s were last week only. Anyone else find this?

• Sara says

Yeah, this deal is not working in Oregon either. No RR print out at all:

Cottonelle (12 pk) – $5

*Deal Idea*
        Buy 2 Cottonelle – $5 each
        Use 2 $0.50/1 printable here (IE) or here (FF)
        Plus use $1/1 coupon from the May Walgreens coupon booklet (takes off $2)
        Pay $7, Get $3 Register Rewards
        $2 each after coupons and Register Rewards

• Robyn in ATX says

I had no problem with my Cottonelle transaction today, I’m in Austin, TX. I wonder if it might be a regional RR, like the one @ CVS with the 15 single-serve bags of Frito-Lay chips seemed to be. Make sure you got the right package, the one pictured in the ad. I am going back to my other store right now, to get some more, and some Noxema Razors, which are a MM with the new Q on RedPlum .com. http://www.redplum.com/.

I am stocking up, and taking some to the local serving center. I took a donation on Friday, and couldn’t beleive how each family only gets one roll of TP, no matter if they have 3 or 10 in their family. I am going to help out by getting them some TP to hand out!!

5. LISA says

when u go in to ur walgreens to buy the gillette fusion proglide. Look for the bounus pack its the same price. it says gillette fusion proglide smooth comfort pack. it has 1 razor, 1 cartridge, 1 batterey, 1 shave gel, 1 cooling lotion and 1 thermal scrub. what a great deal and i had the 5.00 coupon too making it free with an overage. :)

• Robyn in ATX says

It’s an unadvertized RR since last week, and I think it goes on until 5/15. The May coupon book just came out today, which makes it an even greater deal!!

Today the lady at walgreens said “Wow, that impressive” after I purchased 4 of the items listed above Hahah. This is a great site!

• Robyn in ATX says

What City are you in? So others will know if it will work for them.

7. Robyn in ATX says

MSM,

It says in your Coupon Database that there is a coupon for $1/1 Noxema Disposable Razors as an IVC for Walgreens that doesn’t expire until 5/28/11. I can’t find it in my May book, is it in another book? Thanks!!

• Lisa s says

Usually when you walk in, by the carts, there is a rack of sale ads. Ours are usually right below the weekly ad.

8. Lisa s says

cottonelle worked for me in hot springs, arkansas. Bought 2 and got $3rr.

9. Emily says

Anyone in Columbus, OH try the Cottonnelle deal yet? Wondering if I should try.

10. Tiffany says

I am wondering about this Walgreens policy —

The number of manufacturer coupons, including Register RewardsTM manufacturer coupons, may not exceed the number of items in the transaction. The total value of the coupons may not exceed the value of the transaction. Sales tax must be paid, if required by state law.

I have a question in regards to this policy. I was planning on buying the razor so this is my plan –
    Buy Fusion- 9.89
    $4/1 SS
    $3 previous RR
    = $2.89 + $5 RR
    Can I use my previous RR and the SS coup because by the looks of that policy I can only use 1 coupon… I am stressing myself out now. Can you help?

• Lindsey says

Right. A RR is actually a manufacture’s coupon so you are essentially using two coupons on one item in your scenario above. Just throw in a cheap filler item if you have nothing else you really need to buy. Alot of ppl throw in a 10 cent piece of candy as their filler item. HTH!

11. RuthAnn Alston says

WOOHOO! My first coupon shopping trip ever (WAGS) was a little bit scary. I think that is why it took me so long to actually make myself go do it, and while it was a wee bit nerve wracking there for a bit, all went well! I also lucked out and had a very nice cashier who, even though I did seven seperate transactions, was so helpful (she even made sure I had a coupon that I had overlooked!) and nice!

Now, the Gilette Fusion razors weren’t 7.99 at my WAGs, the cheapest one was 8.99 but it was still a great deal. I did notice that ALOT of prices weren’t the same at my WAG’s as what everyone else seems to be reporting. We live in a milatary town and find that alot of stores, (even our wal mart) have higher prices than other exact same stores in a different area.

Ok, I am getting off topic, sorry I am just so excited!

here is what I got:

SIX of the fusion razors, 4 packs of Tylenol precise, 2 12pk cottonelle, my wags had the irish spring body wash B1G1 and I had 2 $1/1 coupon so I got them for 1.24 each, I got the lysol wipes B1G1 and had 2 .50/1 coupons which made them 1.29 each, I got cookies that were on sale, I got the oscar meyer bacon 2/$5.00 and had 2 .50/1 coupon and a few other things. My retail was 100.98 with coupons and RR I paid $28.43 which I think is pretty darn good for my very first time! I was tickled pink and it was so worth the razzled nerves I had at first when I got up to the register and was trying to “sort” my stuff into enough check outs to make sure I got all my RR. Plus, again, it helped that I had such a nice cashier. I AM HOOKED.

12. Anna says

Theres no Right guard total defense coupon in my RP insert. : / Anyone else run into this?

13. Eli says

My Walgreens has the New kraft Homestyle Macaroni and Cheese on sale 3/$5.00 – I bought 3 and used 3 – $1/1 coupons from the 04/17/11 inserts and got them 3/$2.00 – great price!!!

14. Penny says

I bought 2 Cottonelle yesterday and got my $3 RR. Today I bought 2 of them again and used my RR to help pay for them but got no RR back. The manager said they could give me the $3 RR if I found where on the internet they are suppose to give RR for buying 2 Cottonelle’s if I save my receipt and bring the info to them. Anyone know where I can find it besides they website… I don’t see it on Walgreens website??? Wabash, IN