$2/1 Tidy Cats coupon = free cat litter!

After I posted the Walmart deal for a 10-pound bag of Tidy Cats Litter for $0.67 yesterday, Elisa wrote in with the following tip:

If you call 1-800-7-PURINA, they will send you two coupons for $2 off any Tidy Cats Litter. I have been doing this for a couple of years and haven’t had to pay for cat litter during that time. The 10-lb. bags are less than $2 at many stores. They will let you order two coupons per month. One quick call a month for free litter! Works for me! :) -Elisa

Comments

1. Christy says

Mine will be here in 7-10 days so hopefully I can get cheap or free cat litter for my mother-in-law.

2. dawn says

For some reason I was on hold for a while because of “heavy call volume”. Tee Hee, they have no idea! I told her to have a nice day. Great coupons. Thanks

3. Jeni says

Thank you so much! I just called and got the litter coupons and I also asked about Cat/Dog food coupons and they are also sending a $2.00 off one for that as well! He told me to call every 4 weeks to get more. :) Thanks again!!

4. Mary H. says

Thank you so much for this one! While I was on the line I asked about cat food coupons too – these are the Friskees people – and they are including those coupons for me as well as one for treats too. I agree with Diana, I’m loving Money Saving Mom (and Elisa) A LOT and I know my kitty will be too.

5. Rae says

This is going to sound silly but can somebody give me the phone number in all numeric digits please? My cellphone has the qwerty keyboard so I don’t know what numbers the letters represent

• Esther a homeschool momma in Mid-Michigan says

FYI: The number is actually: 1-800-778-7462.
          I’d hate for some poor unsuspecting company to get a bunch of wrong numbers.
          I had to wait, but not too long. They’re also sending some food coupons. They asked what kind I liked, I said whatever’s on sale with a coupon :)
          I’m doing this for my mom, because she could use a good freebie!
          Thanks so much for posting this Crystal and Elisa!

• Rae says

oh yes it is thank you :) . I answered the same way but told them right now it is a mix between Friskies and that new Purina One something or another that had coupons in the paper recently (which both happen to be owned by them)

• anon says

I had some non-clumping once—a different brand. I got it at Petsmart, a huge bag of it for under $5. I HATED THAT STUFF!!!! I thought we would NEVER get through that huge bag. I will pay more for the clumping, odor control stuff any day. It’s my understanding too that the non-clumping kind you have to empty out all of it every day so I would think it would, in the end, cost nearly as much as the clumping.

I don’t use clumping. You just scoop out the poop every day and use the scooper to spread the wet around so it isn’t all in one corner. I only empty the whole thing once a week. No problems. Been doing this for 11 years with no issue. :)

6. Darci says

Thank you so much…. I love coupons and am always looking for cat litter due to fostering cats. Once again thank you so much.

I can’t wait for my coupons to come. I’m going to get the cat food coupons too. This post and tip are inspiring me to call more companies. I’m going to mark my calendar to call every 4 weeks.

8. Mindy says

thank you sooooo much. My lady was SUPER nice. She said they can only send out 2 coupons per call per month so you can either choose 2 cat litter coupons or 2 pet food coupons or one of each.

9. JESSICA says

Yay! Called about the cat litter and I should be getting mine within 7-10 days. Thanks for the heads up on this Elisa and Money Saving Mom :) Ya’ll made my day!

10. Shannon Gomiller says

Thank you so much for giving this advice. I am going to get coupons for litter and food.. Thanks again

11. Kim says

This was really easy! I called and while I was talking I told them I had a dog and cat and they are sending me a bunch of coupons for food and treats for the dog and cat plus the litter coupon!! So make sure to share if you have more then one animal they will help you out!!

12. Amanda says

Awesome, thank you! And even for those that don’t have cats… get the free litter and donate it. I work at an animal shelter and those in-kind donations litterally (ha, see what I did there?) help us save lives. Thanks MSM and Elisa!!

13. Jennifer says

Thank you Elisa and thank you Crystal! This is one of the best tips ever – and so simple to do!

14. Lee says

Called this morning as I didn’t see this yesterday and am now directed directly to the website…no coupons for my kitty!

15. Cindy says

Thanks Crystal, and Elisa!! I just called, then I pushed “1″ to get Tidy Cat coupons…that just gives you the website and then disconnects. If you go there, the coupon is a printable for $1 off. So, I called back and waited to talk to someone. I requested the coupons for Tidy Cat, as well as Purina DogChow. She was very helpful and friendly and mine are on the way!
    I agree that I will put this on the calendar and call back each month.

Thanks for this update. I was concerned that maybe they’d stopped offering them after the deluge of calls yesterday! Good to know it’s still available.

16. Elisa says

I have to be honest, I waited until we gave our cat to someone else to tell you about this offer. I was afraid with the huge moneysavingmom following, they may have stopped the coupons and then I would have had to actually PAY for litter! :O :)

17. millie says

beng on disability my “cat budget” with three cats is real tight. this offer is going to help me immensley!!!! THANKS SO MUCH !!!

18. Stephanie O says

I just tried calling, and the automated menu said to press “1″ for TC coupons. Instead of a person, I got a recording saying I should go to Tidycats.com to get the coupons, so I’m guessing they’ve been flooded with requests!

19. Megan says

Thank you so much! I chose option #1 first because it said to if you wanted a coupon and just referred you to their website. But, if you wait to talk to someone it worked.

20. Jennifer says

I just requested mine!! Since I requested on the 29th, should I wait until May 29th to get more? Or does the “month” reset on the 1st? Thanks!

21. Jane says

You can also use kitty litter to get your car out if you get stuck in snow or on ice. Just put some under the wheels and it will give your car traction to get out…

22. Vince says

yep just stay on hold very nice! we use cat litter for guinea pigs now if i could just get their food for free!

23. Becca says

I just called and was able to get my coupons! I had to specify clumping or non-clumping, which I just use the old school non-clumping cause my cat doesn’t like the finer stuff that gets in her paws, seriously, she will NOT use the clumping kind. Anyway, looks like I will no longer be buying store brand since I can get this for free now~~~