$1/1 Scotch Magic Tape printable coupon = free at Walgreens, $0.29 at Target

Print a coupon for $1/1 Scotch Magic Tape. It’s priced at $1.29 at Target, making it just $0.29 after the coupon.

Or, you can get it free at Walgreens. Here’s how:

Buy 3 Scotch Magic Tapes for $1.99 total with in-ad coupon
Use 2 $1/1 printable coupons
Free after coupons (give manufacturer’s coupons first, then in-ad coupon in order to prevent beeping)

Thanks, Sandra!

Comments

Just FYI. I tried using 2 Qs this week. Because the in ad Q is actually a buy 1 get 2 free, they would only let me use 1 of the $1 Qs- can’t use Q on free item. So not quite free. Maybe other stores will let you. Just heads ups.

• Samantha says

I just got back from my walgreens, and it worked for me. My store’s checkers are pretty laid back about coupons, and no beepage means they don’t generally even read the coupons. Just make sure to hand over the walgreens one last like the post suggests.
      Hope it works for you!

• TNK says

“When items are featured in a Buy One, Get One Free promotion, up to two coupons can be used against the items being purchased, as long as the net price does not go below zero for the items being purchased.”

“The coupon amount must be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied.”

2. stacy says

I got 3 rolls of tape (limit 3) and 6 chocolate covered peeps (limit 6) for $1.03 at one Walgreens. I gave mfg then the store coupons and no problem. Then headed to the other Walgreens to collect 3 more rolls of tape and 2 more Peeps. I got a savvy checker this time who knew the coupon policy, knew the ad and knew the Walgreens coupon booklet. She said she HAD to scan the in-store coupons first. Grrrr. Turns out I had to add a filler this time (still unclear as the why – she thought maybe it was a tax issue). I added a Cadbury egg. Luckily, checker knew of a coupon in the booklet to help me out and total was $.66.

Long story short:
    6 rolls of tape
    8 chocolate peeps
    1 Cadbury egg = $1.69

• Wendy says

A cashier once told me it’s somehow connected to their only-one-coupon-per-item system. If they scan the manufacturer coupon first it attaches to the items and the store coupon will then go through even though there’s no item to which to attach it. However, if you scan the store coupon first, it attaches to the item and the system won’t accept a manufacturer coupon if there’s no item to which to attach it. I have no way to prove this, but it sounded good when she told me! :-)

3. Jaime Lynn Braden says

I used 3 manufacturers coupons then the in-ad coupon and made money on the tape the other day. No hassle at the store at all.

4. Michelle says

In ad coupon wouldn’t even scan without beeping . . . so manager came over and told her to price modify the 3 rolls of tape to .67 each. Then I handed the coupons (2), it took 1 but beeped on the second. She said it was because it went over the cost of the tape by a penny. But later in my head I added up .67, 3 times and that came to 2.01 so in fact it did not go over the price of the tape. 3 rolls of tape for 1.01 for me – maybe it will work out better next time. My 2 little guys love using tape, so I was still okay with getting the tape at around .34 each.

5. Kathy says

Store manager was working the registers at my local store and knew about the sale and scanned his Walgreen’s coupon first before I gave him my two $1.00 off coupons … would not let me use 2 coupons because he said the coupons totaled to more than the value of the items … said if they accepted the 2nd coupon it would constitute coupon fraud …

• Hayley says

I don’t think the manager like be told how it worked, she changed it but made a point of saying that it was up to the the managers discretion. She was so rude. I haven’t been back to Wags for months because I was so annoyed with the attitude.

• Becky says

I have one of those managers here too, and they do drive off business. She gives me dirty looks when she sees me in the store. All due to a transaction last month which she rang and was rude about. First, she wouldn’t accept some of my coupons. After I left, I discovered she overcharged me for an item and I returned and asked for it to be adjusted, and at the same time, I realized that I had not utilized a store coupon and asked for it to be added on also. She refused to fix the store coupon amount ($4), with a ridiculous reason why.

6. Kathy says

Thank you, Crystal … that is what I told them … had that happen with Mars eggs … but unfortunately I did not bring the coupon policy with me … lesson learned … ALWAYS bring coupon policy no matter what! Will revisit the store tomorrow … I am only a few blocks away.

7. Nancy says

I had an assistant manager tell me that it would be fraud if he reduced the coupon. I told him that it was on the Walgreen’s website. He was adament about it, until one of the cashiers pulled up the coupon policy on the website and had him read it. I thanked her profusely.

8. Christine says

Um, sorry if this is a dumb question, but where is the in-ad coupon? How am I missing it?

9. Shruthi says

did not find the in-ad coupon either… can someone help with the page number? Or is it region specific?

10. Pam says

Must be a region thing because I have looked and can’t find the coupon in the Delaware add. Not on page 5 or any other page.

11. Kate says

So, I’m so new to coupons that THIS was my first try. I went to Walgreens for the 3 tapes and splenda (which was totally sold out) so I just had the 3 tapes at the register to see if I could make this work. I gave the 3 scotch coupons first and then the add. It rang up $.60 still due. I asked her why it came out to $.60 and she said because of tax, which I told her wouldn’t be that much. She tried again scanning the ad barcode and then the coupons but said it wouldn’t take even the second coupon because it would have owed me money and they don’t do that.

I started over and added a $1.49 Altoid. The cashier scanned the 3 coupons and the ad barcode and the total came to $.77. I was happy with that since I like the Altoids, I was out, and they were more than 50% off in this transaction. But I’m wondering if any of you are actually getting cash from Walgreens after a money-maker deal?

• Jessie says

No, they never give cash back. You can put other items on your order to absorb overage from a particular deal though. Other times when they talk about money-makers, they mean that you get back in Register Rewards more than you paid out of pocket in the transaction