Do-It-Yourself: Homemade Pudding

In the mood for pudding but want to make it yourself?

Always Order Dessert shows you how to make your own instant Vanilla Pudding Mix.

Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures has a post and video showing you how to make homemade pudding.

Do you have a fun and frugal DIY idea to share? I’d love to hear about it! Read the submission guidelines and submit it here.

Comments

1. charity crawford says

Yum! Lot’s better than the boxed store bought. My kids will love this…Could even add a little cocoa powder and make it chocolate.

2. Courtney says

I actually JUST made this. It’s delicious, but I have to comment I think she put’s too much salt it her version. I followed it exactly, and think it has too much. I looked up the site that she referenced and their recipe calls for less than one teaspoon regular salt. and the measurements for the other ingredients are pretty close volume wise so be careful with this. I always try to follow good salting principals…you can always add more, but you can’t take it out. Hope that helps. Otherwise, this is a wonderful thing to add to our from-scratch receipe list! Thanks!

3. Sandy B says

I make homemade pudding very often – it’s the best! I use a different recipe (from the old classic Betty Crocker cookbook :), and I don’t cook it on the stove. I experimented with making it in the microwave because I didn’t like standing at the stove – and it comes out great!!

• Heather says

We love this book. In our house we call it Big Red. This is a great pudding and we make it often. The kids don’t like the store stuff anymore. Somehow homemade always has more flavor.

4. Allison V. says

Pudding is so much better made by hand than the little premade cups…I’m curious to try this. Wonder if I’ll find some time…

5. Jodi says

I used to do this all the time when I was a teen. My parents never bought snack food, but we always had sugar, cornstarch and milk. I was desperate! This is what I made when I was in the house alone!