Tonight’s Target Trip: Spent $34.25, Got $25 back!

I was finally feeling well enough to go out to Target tonight. I figured the store would likely be cleaned out of everything by now. But no, it was actually pretty well stocked!

Here’s what I got:

Finish Quantum Tabs (10-count) — $2.50
Use $1.50/1 Target coupon (no longer available)
Stack with $1/1 printable coupon (or use $1/1 from the 1/23 SmartSource insert)
Free after coupons

Up & Up Pantiliners — $0.89
$0.75/1 Up & Up Feminine Care coupon
$0.14 after coupon

Hall Cough Drops — $1.22
Use $0.50/1 Halls Cough Drops printable
Use $0.50/1 Halls Cough Drops Target store coupon
$0.22 after coupons

Market Pantry Cheese — $1.94
Buy 2 and use $1/2 Target coupon
$1.44 each after coupon

And I was so excited to find two pair of jeans for $4.98 each. I had two $5/1 denim coupons (no longer available) so I got both of them for free!

BUY 7 FROZEN ITEMS, GET $5 TARGET GIFT CARD PROMOTION ITEMS (promotion not running at all Targets, check your local ad):

BirdsEye Vegetables — $1.02 each
Bought 3, used $1/3 Birds-Eye or Steamfresh Varieties (IE) Printable (FF)
Free after coupon and gift card

Market Pantry Vegetables — $1.02 each
Bought 12, used 3 $1/4 coupons
$0.06 each after coupons and gift card

Market Pantry Juice — $0.83 each
Bought 6, $0.11 each after gift card

Weight Watchers SmartOnes — $1.80 each
Bought 10, used $5/10 Target coupon (no longer available) stacked with $3/10 manufacturer’s coupon
$0.29 each after coupons and gift card

Green Giant Frozen Vegetables — $1.27 each
Bought 4, used 2 $0.50/2 Green Giant coupons
$0.31 each after coupons and gift card

My total was $34.25 and I got back $25 in Target gift cards because I bought 35 frozen items!

Comments

I too managed to score 2 pairs of jeans for free at Target this week. They were the last 2 pairs(and in my size) and they were marked down to $4.98 and all the others were $12.98(mostly larger sizes). I also managed to get all the UP&UP products and finally paid .87 cents for $44 worth of products. I didn’t do any frozen vegetable deals as they didn’t have the $5 GC deals in my area.

2. Anny says

You inspired me with your photo to get my coupons organized. I headed out to Target and stocked up on vegetables, Ore-Ida french fries and Lean Cuisine for Late night Dinners for my husband and got $20.00 in gift cards.

I rolled the gift cards and bought Megamind Combo pack for $22.99 and used a $5.00 off mfg. coupon. On the DVD was a coupon for a FREE Pop Secret ($3.84) and the overage bought Soda for our FREE Saturday Night Movie night for the family.

I got 3 pairs of jeans for my daughter (2 were free with the coupons).
    I have a very happy daughter :)

I also managed to get all the UP and UP products. Our small Target
    that is always sold out on everything was well stocked this morning. I think I learned the secret to shopping our store, head early on Saturday morning because they restock for the weekend.

3. Mollie says

This reminded me to get to Target today! My first transaction was: Seventh Gen. dish soap (on sale for $2.79 – $1/1 printable), Boca products (on sale for $2.37/ea), using the Target $2/2 printables stacked with $1/1 manufacturer coupons (total=$1.22 for 7!). Grand Total was $3.30, with the bonus $5.00 GC. I rolled the GC into my second transaction: 12 bags of Market Pantry frozen veggies @ .97c ea – $1/4 (I used three coupons), and four boxes of Green Giant green beans w/ almonds on sale for $1 ea – 50c/2 printable. I also snagged a couple cute accordion folder-style coupon organizers out of the dollar bin area. Grand Total: $6.87, with two $5.00 GC back! :)
    ** I’m surprised we came away with so many frozen veggies; the Cary, NC Target was all but cleaned out of the Market Pantry varieties.

I am so happy to see healthy food on the table. I see alot of great deal posts, but sometimes all I see pictured is junk food. :) It’s always refreshing to see good healthy food on deal posts! Thanks!

5. Lisa says

Wow, you really lucked out. My area didn’t get the gift card deal, we got the free freezer bag instead which totally stinks…

Crystal,
    I just wanted to say thank you for making me aware of this promotion. I went out in a bunch of snowy weather and tacked on Target to my errands. Though I was out late and they had really been cleaned out of a lot of vegetables (we have a lot of food sensitivities and life threatening food allergies so we don’t eat things like Lean Cuisine or veggie mixes w/ butter, etc.), I still got a TON of frozen vegetables for a really good price! And the cut onions and broccoli, cauliflower and carrot mix will save me a lot of time in the coming weeks.
    Thanks again!~

7. Julie C says

I bought 28 packages of frozen veggies at $.87 each (on 4 seperate transactions) and only spent $1.36 since I had a $3 off any transaction at Target coupon, too. They messed up something last time I was there and offered me the $3 coupon (which I gladly accepted!)

Crystal, Thanks for reminding us about the sale; it has been snowing here this week and I couldn’t get out till after dinner tonight. Thankfully the cases were not empty so I didn’t empty them knowing someone else might be looking for a bargain tonight.

8. Amanda says

Crystal, I’ve just recently began following your blog and have to say I’m very grateful for your tips! I ran to Target this afternoon after reading about the freezer sale – I used some 4/$1 and 2/$1.50 coupons on various MP frozen goods and ended up with $20 in gift cards. I’m not as skilled at this couponing thing as you are, obviously, but was very impressed with the amount of food I got for what I spent! Thanks!!

That was awesome!!!! Thank you!! Got into the store at 9:30. Was out of the store by 9:45 with 14 bags of vegetables and a $5 gift card . :) Love that!!

10. Dominic S says

Hey Crystal – love your blog and these Target trips blow me away!

I was wondering, do you have any tips for those of us that (ugh), have to shop at Walmart? I try to avoid them like the plague. Our closest Target is about 2 hours away. We utilize the Dollar stores, Walgreens (via your advice) and a local grocery chain for everything we can.

Just curious if you had any strategies when forced to go to the W.

Thanks!

11. Wenonah says

I like to use the Target coupons at our Fry’s grocery store since they’re still taking competitors coupons AND up everything to $1.oo off (or face value of coupon if over $1). Our local walmart is an absolute stinker for taking printer coupons (they have to be printed in color they say??!?! Whatever.)

Hopefully you (Dominic S) have a good grocery store that’s coupon-friendly to shop at.