How to Make Lined Canvas Bins from Diaper Boxes

Have some diaper boxes from all the Amazon Diaper Deals? Positively Splendid shows you how to turn diaper boxes into lined canvas bins.

Thanks, Moms By Heart!

Comments

1. Pamela says

WOW! What a great idea to reuse the diaper boxes for nice storage even tho’ my son is 6 yrs old and I think I will look for another boxes I can do this same way to storage my son’s toys for his bedroom to keep his room clean everyday! Thanks for post this wonderful project I can try for my home! :)

A friend of mine is expecting baby this fall, and now I know EXACTLY what I’m going to make her. I’ll fill one bin with diapers, wipes, and baby care items, another with a crocheted blanket (I already started it…the day she told me she was expecting, heeheehee!), and the third with some baby toys. What a great idea! :)

3. Mel says

Perfect timing! I’m making these this weekend! I couldn’t find baskets to fit above my cabinets and this will work perfectly. Thanks for posting!

4. JenK says

This is awesome! We use diaper boxes for storage because they are sturdy, but I hate looking at them. I just LOVE the idea of turning them into pretty little boxes like this! Thanks so much for sharing!

5. JennyP says

Oh, great idea! I have a six week old so lots of diapers boxes will be anticipated. I will keep me eye out for some clearanced fabic in the discount bin and give this a try.

Thank you so very much for sharing this project with your readers! I am so glad so many will be able to benefit from it. It truly makes my heart happy!

Also, for those past the diaper stage, one reader shared an idea that was really brilliant: head over to Freecycle.org and see if you can procure some boxes that way!

7. Kerianne says

These are gorgeous! I’m going to modify and use some of the boxes from copy paper. Also might stop by Costco and see what sizes they have – they cut the flaps off for you!

8. Valerie says

Love the look and the idea of recycling the boxes but somehow it seems like the fabric would get expensive. Where do people get inexpensive fabric for these sorts of projects.

Hi, Valerie! I was just reading through comments, and I thought I’d would share. I never buy fabric at full price. I find that places like Joann and Hobby Lobby almost always have a coupon I can use (or a sale price I can take advantage of), and I plan my projects accordingly. The fabric I used for these boxes (canvas and lining) came out to around $12 from Hobby Lobby. The similar bins I priced online averaged about $30 apiece, so I was really tickled to spend less than $5 apiece on mine for all the necessary supplies! I hope this helps!

• Valerie says

Thanks. I will go looking. I already see some areas I could dress up with boxes like these as well as get more organized. Thanks so much for sharing your idea.

• Beth says

I agree with Amy – Hobby Lobby and Joanns always have SOMETHING on sale even if you don’t have a coupon. With Joanns you can sign up online to get their coupons in the mail if you’re interested. I’ve also ordered fabric from them online before which makes it even easier since I didn’t have to leave the house.

9. Betsy Durand says

Love, love, love this idea! Wow. But, I, too, like Valerie would love to know where to buy cute fabric like this that doesn’t cost a lot. Seems like all the inexpensive fabrics I find on sale at Hobby Lobby and such are not very pretty.

10. Beth says

This is such a great idea! I am always looking for cute bins to store things in, but now I can make my own and they’ll be guaranteed to match my decor! I certainly have plenty of diaper boxes.

Perhaps you would like to try the paint drop cloths that are now all the rage. They are huge for about $10 and would probably make about 5 boxes. Be sure to wash the cloths and perhaps bleach them if you wanted them whiter!! Just a thought…..they are used for curtains and all kinds of stuff!!

I love this idea. I think diaper boxes would fit perfectly on our closet shelves and one would probably fit nicely (lengthwise) on top of our bookshelf. We always seem to end up with stuff up there. I have to completely blame my husband because there’s no way anyone else can reach up there.

We use cloth diapers so I don’t have any boxes, but I have lots of neighbors that use disposables. I’ll try to get some boxes from them. I just won’t pass on this link first :)