This Week’s Menu

(Three-Bean Chili Chowder — recipe coming next week!)

Breakfasts:
Muffins (from the freezer), Fruit
Raisin Toast, Scrambled Eggs, Fruit
Mango Lassi, Toasted Bagels
Pancakes (from the freezer), Fruit
Smoothies, English Muffins
Toasted Bagels, Fruit
Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls, Fruit, Scrambled Eggs

Lunches:
Chicken hot dogs, frozen veggies
Macaroni & Cheese, carrots

Chili Burgers, Seasoned Baked Potato Wedges, Steamed veggies, Grapefruit
Brown Bag Burritos, Green Rice, Tossed Salad
Valentine’s Dinner at Church
Dinner Out
Dinner at Extended Family’s House

Comments

Looks like a yummy menu! I think I’m going to be ordering a bread machine pretty soon and I’m looking forward to trying your cinnamon roll recipe. I’ve been wanting to make homemade cinnamon rolls for a while, but didn’t feel like it at the end of my pregnancy and now that Benjamin is here, I don’t have much extra time.

Curious–what is green rice?

Thank you for sharing that mango recipe. I have three gallon size bags of mango puree cubes (blended the pulp, froze in ice cube trays) with no ideas of how to use them. I’ve been using them in smoothies but I really prefer strawberries in them & I ran out.

It is a very long story how I ended up with all this mango (free gift to my in-laws, I’m the only one who can stand it) but I am glad that now I have a way to use it!

3. Kim says

Crystal- have you ever calculated your cost per burrito on the Brown Bag Burritos recipe? I am wondering how these would compare to the cost of buying frozen burritos in the store.

• Kim says

Oh, and I also forgot to ask which enchillada sauce do you use/recommend? Is it the red sauce in a can?

Thanks! :)

Kim in Cali

4. Wendy says

Hey-Is it possible to get your homemade cinnamon/sugar bread recipe? My family isn’t big on raisins, but cinnamon/sugar…oh yeah!! You are such a great encouragement to me in providing my family with healthy yet wonderfully tasting meals. Thanks!!

Wendy

• Kim says

If you get a chance could you answer my questions above about the enchillada sauce and cost of the Brown Bag Burritos. Only if you get a chance though. :) I really want to make these but wanted to make sure I’m getting the right ingredients!
        Thanks as always.

Kim in Cali.

5. Emily O. says

Thanks for the link to the mango lassi recipe – my 2 yo loves mangoes and yogurt separately, so this would be a special treat for him! We buy bags of frozen mango chunks – would I need to defrost them before I use them in the lassi?