Recycle Bank: Free subscription to Better Homes & Gardens, Everyday Food + more!

You can get a free magazine subscription from RecycleBank right now. Here’s how:

::Sign up for an account with RecycleBank, if you don’t have one already.

::Join the eBay Green Team, to get 50 free points.

::Learn about PET plastic bottles to get 30 free points.

::Explore the Future-Friendly Home to get 25 free points.

::Answer a question about water consumption of dishwashers (refresh the page if this one doesn’t come up for you at first) to get 10 free points.

You’ll then have earned 115 points — enough to get a free subscription to Better Homes & Gardens, Everyday Food, Parents, Country Living or Good Housekeeping magazine.

Or, you can also choose to get a $3/1 Kashi product coupon for just 90 points, which should net you a free or almost-free box of Kashi cereal at Walmart or other stores.

Thanks, Choosing Simplicity!

Comments

1. shawn'l says

Wow, that was easy. I already had the points available and I was able use the redemtion code immediatley online right after I “purchased” it. Thanks! Love free mags!

Awesome! It was easy to get the points and I got a year long subscription to Good Housekeeping! I had just let my Real Simple subscription drop and was sad I wouldn’t get a magazine anymore…but now I’ll have one on the way again!

Thanks :)

3. Stephanie says

The link to “explore the future-friendly home” only takes me to a page to select rewards. Am I missing something? I’ve refreshed quite a few times thinking that perhaps it is one of the boxes on the right side, but don’t see it.

4. Jan says

I had the same problem as Stephanie. I just get the ‘select rewards” page.
    I also couldn’t get to the dishwasher water consumption pate either.

5. Susan says

Thanks! That was simple. I had to do some other things besides the ones you listed but it still worked and I have 10 points leftover AND a Good Housekeeping subscription! Thank you for all you do!

6. Brie says

I can’t seem to find the “answer a question about water consumption of dishwashers.” I’ve refreshed the page several times–anyone else having this problem?

7. Jaime says

I can’t find either the water consumption or the future home ones. Not sure what I’m missing…

• Sarah says

@Jaime,

They don’t come up as items on the main part of the page. They look like ads on the right side of the page. The dishwasher one just looks like an outline of a home with some text on it. Try clicking the ads, most of them give you points.

@Jaime,

for the future home one:

when you follow crystal’s link, it’s the second option down on the left…kind of hard to see. Click on that, then click on the “future friendly” icon on the right that will come up. On *that* page, scroll down and click on the green ad that says “explore the future friendly home”….To scroll through the facts, there are little arrows at the top of the box to scroll through, or it should do it automatically. Then just answer the questions for the quiz (hint, bottom answer each time ;)). Hope that helps anyone who was having a hard time! :)

8. Jenna says

So excited I got a one year subscription to Oprah Magazine. Mine had just expired from a great deal on it you had told us about a year ago and I had not been able to find a good deal on it and now I got it for free. Thank you!

thank you so much! that was super easy :)

when I was looking through the options I saw a few more magazine deals such as “house beautiful”, “veranda”, “town and country”, “readymade”, and “midwest living” among others! great selection!! now to decide what I want ;)

10. Kellie says

I had no problems finding these and was even given some extra points just for signing up. My last Everyday Food magazine arrived yesterday and I had regretted not getting the Whole Living/EDF subscription for $10, but am so happy I waited. FREE is much better! Thanks for a great New Year’s Day!

11. Beth says

That was the easiest magazine subscription I’ve ever received! Got Family Fun for $2 last month, and now Good Housekeeping was free! Thanks!

12. Nicole says

I found that i could play the PET bottle game again and get those last points. I couldn’t find the dishwasher question. TY for this opportunity! I’m going to try a sub to Whole Living!

13. Katie says

Great deal! Also, someone might have mentioned this but I received a 25 point registration bonus for being a new user. I love getting free and cheap stuff!

14. Jill says

There are 2 more quizes not mentioned above – a 10 pointer from Miller Coors and another 10 pointer for from P&G that is NOT the same one listed above. They are both on the sidebars and you might need to refresh the pages to find them :)

15. Vicki says

I couldn’t find the links to the future home or dishwater consumption offers either, but somehow the system awarded me 115 points anyway! :-) I ordered the Oprah Magazine subscription, I’m so happy! I have been looking all over the place for a free sub offer to O Magazine. Thank you!

16. tess says

Thanks! It took about 15 minutes, but Iam getting a year of OPRAH! I usually get it from the library, but have to wait a bit.

17. Michelle Z says

Has anyone been a member of this website for long? How often can you earn new points? Is it worth checking in every week or so?

18. Lindsay says

Worked for me but I ended up with 140 points – keep an eye on the side columns they will have more opportunities for more points…I got Beautiful Home Subscription…

Thank you, thank you!

I just signed up for Oprah’s “O” Magazine! -Love it! .. and so enjoy your website. I have received an overabudance of deals and steals!

Candice @ rattles and redheads.

20. Amy says

I am having problems with confirming my registration. I have checked my spam folder & refreshed my email several times, but no luck. Did anyone else have this problem?

• Amy says

@Amy,
      Never mind – it finally came through. :-) Yay for a free BHG subscription! Mine ran out a few months ago & I’ve missed it!

21. S. Wade says

I registered for a new account and did all the items you listed. I wound up with 190 points. Are the magazines usually so low (points-wise)? I’m thinking about saving the points for a while longer, but don’t want to miss out on a good deal should the magazines normally cost more points.

Thanks for this link Crystal! I went and did this and it was so easy. I ordered my Country Living subscription and still have some points left over. I am thinking of saving for the Amazon cards!

23. Elizabeth B says

Thank you! I was giddy with excitement when I was able to get both Country Living and Midwest Living. Thank you, thank you! :-)

24. fiona says

I’m not finding the dishwasher questions anywhere, what am I missing? I only need 5 points to get the Better Homes mag and it’s driving me crazy!!!

25. fiona says

Still can’t find the dishwasher points, but got the 30 points from MillerCoors and ordered my sub to Better Homes. Thanks, this deal was great!!

26. Betsy says

I wound up with 170 points. I have enough magazines, so I chose to use my points for 4 free cans of cat food!

27. Louise says

My friend tells me she loves Country Living magazine. I’m thrilled to get a free subscription! Thank you!

28. Heather says

Thanks! These are still available – keep your eyes open on the sidebars for other point-earning opportunities (as mentioned above). I joined a year or two ago and had some additional points that I’ve never used, so I got a Martha Stewart AND Country Living! Yay!!!!!!!!! Don’t be alarmed if the terms say “online only” – you just go to a website, enter your address, redeem your code and then they will mail you the magazine.

This was so quick and easy to register and collect pts, I got an additional 25pts for registering =140pts. Yippee!

I’m debating between a couple food items or the mag subscription. Thank you for the info and sharing this wonderful website that I had not heard of before. I visit your blog regularly, you always have the best deals! :) I’m also about to subscribe now to your e-mail updates, keeping my fingers crossed for the $100 drawing too, I could sure use the cash!

Warmly,