Neebo: 100,000 free textbook rentals (Facebook offer)

Neebo is giving away 100,000 free textbook rentals.

Search to see if they have a textbook you’re needing this semester. If they do, you just need to “Like” them on Facebook in order to get your free rental.

They say that shipping is free on textbooks, but it appears they are charging shipping for this offer (it’s somewhere around $7.99).

Comments

1. Erika says

Bummer!

2. Erika(different from above)lol says

Do I have to place my order for the book right now? Can I just like them now and get the credit and use it later on,when I’m more sure of the books I need?

When they run out of the 100,000 free rentals they are giving away, you won’t be able to take advantage of this. But I’m guessing it might be a few days — or weeks! — before they are all used up.

3. Kelly F. says

Thank you so much for posting this. I was able to rent a book that I was going to have to buy tomorrow for 138.75. All I had to pay was 13.95 to have it shipped in 2 days. Thank you so much!!!

4. Kristen says

I’m beginning to think that they aren’t giving away any rentals for free. Has anyone done it successfully? I first searched their website for the book and it came up fine by ISBN. Then I searched through the Facebook page for the free rental and wouldn’t you know it the book was not found?!?! I think they are just counting on people staying as fans on Facebook to get the word around. I promptly “Unliked” them. Total scam!

Quite a few readers have gotten books from them with this promotion so it isn’t a scam, they just aren’t offering all rentals with this free offer.

I hope that helps!

• Becca says

@Crystal,

They definately are not a scam, my husband is currently a full time student. He just saved 300$ by this!!!! It could not have come at a better time.

5. Arissara says

Yes, We are giving them away! But you have to pay for shiping. Thank you so much for posting! It every nice to see my company here. From corporate.

6. CJ Owsley says

I was excited when I saw this offer so I tried to take advantage of it immediately. It seems to be legit – with the minimal shipping fee, I assume I would pay both ways. I searched (within the free rental offers) and it says how many they offered for the free rental promotion and how many are remaining. (If you do their regular search, it will show new/used rent and sale prices. You won’t know availability on those until you add them to your cart but (free rentals specify it) just be sure to do the search within the “free rentals” page by using the “get your free rental now” button and you won’t be tricked.) If you can find the book that you need for the next term, this will be a great deal. I take 8-week term classes so I would be finished with the book within the free rental period. Keep in mind, the rentals must be returned/postmarked by May 20, 2011 so this is a time-sensitive offer. If you need the book beyond that date, you will not be able to take advantage of this offer for the free rental. If you keep it longer, you will be charged. “The Promotion begins at 12:01 a.m. (ET) on 1/10/11. As long as we have a remaining supply of the title that you select, it continues until the sooner of 11:59 p.m. on 1/31/11, or until we have rented 100,000 textbooks in the Promotion.” They have a ticker that shows they are presently at 97909 remaining/available free rentals. Unfortunately, I was unable to find the book that I needed for next term but I did find books for a few of my other classes that I can’t take yet. I will call my school to see if I can take a class out of order to take advantage of this offer. Here is how my ISBN search broke down:
    Spreadsheet Modeling & Decision Analysis 5th Rev (w/CD -663)
    Ragsdale ISBN 9780324656633 $220.62 (new textbook purchase price)SORRY, SOLD OUT 0 offered 0 remaining

No search results for: 978-0-07-739805-7

No search results for: 0-19-530719-4

Contemporary Financial Management Moyer ISBN 9780324653502 $205.62 (new textbook purchase price) SORRY, SOLD OUT 0 offered 0 remaining

Management Information Systems for the Information Age Haag ISBN 9780073376783 $131.56 (new textbook purchase price) FREE RENTAL!
    rent this textbook for free Rental returns must be postmarked by May 20, 2011 17 offered 12 remaining

No search results for: 978-0-13-607976-13

Business Communication Casebook Orourke ISBN 9780324545098
    $60.31 (new textbook purchase price) SORRY, SOLD OUT 0 offered 0 remaining

Business Law Clarkson ISBN 9780324655223 $227.50 (new textbook purchase price) SORRY, SOLD OUT 21 offered 0 remaining

Organization Theory & Design Daft ISBN 9780324598896 $222.81 (new textbook purchase price) FREE RENTAL! rent this textbook for free Rental returns must be postmarked by May 20, 2011 16 offered 10 remaining

Human Resource Mgmt Dessler ISBN 9780136089957 $177.18 (new textbook purchase price) FREE RENTAL! rent this textbook for free
    Rental returns must be postmarked by May 20, 2011 31 offered 22 remaining

Global Business Today Hill ISBN 9780073381398 $137.18 (new textbook purchase price) FREE RENTAL! rent this textbook for free Rental returns must be postmarked by May 20, 2011 91 offered 91 remaining

Marketing Management Kotler ISBN 9780136009986 $190.00 (new textbook purchase price) SORRY, SOLD OUT 20 offered 0 remaining

Strategic Management & Business Policy Wheelen ISBN 9780136097396
    $189.06 (new textbook purchase price) SORRY, SOLD OUT 0 offered 0 remaining

Hope that helps! CJ

7. CJ Owsley says

I posted earlier about this and my comment hasn’t shown up yet but I just wanted to write again to let you know that this offer is legit. I switched the class that I will take next term so that I can use a free book! As long as I get in the class when enrollment opens in February, I’ll be a happy student.

Thanks so much Crystal! I’m working on my MBA. I can find previous versions of most of my college books through my library’s Inter Library Loan program but it is always better to have the current edition. So far, so good…I got the exact book that the syllabus called for that I am using this term for trade through paperbackswap (thanks to your recommending the site) and next term’s free book will be on the way through this offer with Neebo. Yippee! Two classes’ books down with less than $10 invested in shipping for books. I’d love to be able to say that I got every MBA book for less than some students pay for one. Keep the offers coming.

8. Erica says

It works! I am so glad! Just saved myself $200 on a Nutrition for nursing book! Thanks for posting!

9. vicki says

awesome :) saved me about $50 :) i was just thinking about ordering the rest of my textbooks this afternoon. good thing i saw this before i did :) thanks so much!!

Please also be aware that not ALL of their books are free, apparently. I just searched for the art history book I need, “liked” them, and was told that book isn’t part of the offer. Bummer!

11. Tasha says

Thank you so much for this post. My sister is a single mom who is a teacher. She is working on her masters right not. The book she needed for her class is $135 on Amazon new, $94 used. She was able to get the same book for rental from this Neebo offer for $13.75. What a huge savings for a book that she will not need once this class is completed.

Thanks again,
    Tasha

12. Rhianna says

THANK YOU for posting this! I had already rented a textbook from another company but luckily I’m still within their any reason return period, and I was able to get the book for only $7.99 shipping through this offer. Saved me $50! I couldn’t find my book through ISBN search but it came up when I searched by title/author so if anyone is having trouble try that.

13. Dee says

SO glad you posted this. God reached out to me through you and your blog today. I’m having some dire financial troubles in this, my senior year of college and just barely scrimped up the money for tuition and was worried how I would possibly afford books. What a blessing. Thank you.

14. Ashley says

I am SO thankful to hear and be able to utilize this deal! I was able to rent both textbooks that my DH direly needs to start school next week for just the price of shipping. His books would have been over $350 to rent and he is a chemistry major. Thank you!!!

15. Mallory says

Be aware there is a 10% restocking fee when you return the book. The fee is off the listed sale price.

Thanks so much for letting me know about Neebo for the free book rental. My daughter and I both were able to go on facebook and each rent 1 free book and just pay for the shipping. We chose the ground delivery to save more money but hopefully she will receive the books sometime next week. If it works out she will have saved right around $100.00. So thanks again.