Frozen Cookie Dough: The Perfect Christmas Gift!

Instead of giving Christmas Cookies this year, Jen from Balancing Beauty and Bedlam shares a great idea for giving frozen cookie dough. The recipient can stick it in their freezer and pull it out to use after all the Christmas goodies are long gone!

Nothing says “I love you” like a fresh batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Comments

1. Jennifer says

We do something similar. I send the frozen cookie dough home with my parents and my mom bakes the cookies for my uncle. I’ve made them for him every year since I was 16 or so. That way he gets fresh cookies on Christmas. Being over 750 miles away makes it a challenge otherwise.
    I love this idea though. This I can do for my friends here. FUN!!

2. Susan Daniels says

What a great idea! Why didn’t I think of that?! Thanks, as always, for your awesome posts/ideas.

I love this idea! What a HUGE time saver and it is also nice for people to be able to have it for later. It seems like we get so many goodies at Christmas time. (I am not complaining!) This is quick and easy and I would love this as a gift for myself!

4. Lisa says

OMG I love this …I have been really deeply sad because this year I am not celebrating Xmas, its the first time ever…the money is just not there. I have 3 daughters 24, 20 and 11 and 3 grandbabies, My 11 year old lives with her dad 1000 miles away from me, and she is the only one that I planned on giving any thing to and its something that I have won. I haven’t been able to see her for a year now, which also makes this Xmas even sadder for me. So being unable to do anything for my older daughters is breaking my heart even more. My 20 year old is always asking me to make her choc. chip cookies, cus even though she follows my exact same recipe, her cookies never come out like mine. And my 24 year old has my grandbabies and is going back to school and trying hard to live off her husbands income. So this way she could easily pop some dough down and make some fresh cookies for my G’kids… I am even going to take this 1 step farther and make each of thier favorite entrees, that they can never get to taste like moms or don’t know how to make. Thank you so much for the idea, I finally have a reason to be happy, and am actually anticipating xmas now. Wish I could send the cookie dough to my little girl though… Its always been the “giving” for me that makes me truely happy, and I know my oldest girls will really see the love behind this. Thank you Thank you!!!

• Candy says

@Lisa,

I’m sorry you are sad, Lisa. Good for you for thinking outside the box, and giving the girls a little piece of home. I have no money either, so I’m doing homemade gifts. taco and chili seasoning, pretzel rods dipped in almond bark, then covered in sprinkles, etc. Google gifts in a jar, there are all sorts of ideas. As for your 11 year old, it has to be heartbreaking, but as a child of divorced parents, reassure her that you love her, and would give her the world if it were possible. Sending hugs!

• Lisa says

@Candy,
        Thank you for your kind words! They came at at a especially rough moment.I received the gift I was going to send my youngest today, and after just speaking to her dad to let him know it wasn’t going to be there by Xmas, I was informed that her grandmother is buying her the same gift. What is an 11 year old going to do with two camcorders? Since I won mine, I cant “take it back”. To add insult to injury and to my already inadequate feelings, I was then told that he has bought her a flat screen tv and dvd player for her room. So I found your last sentence very comforting, and I am going to add just those words on a pretty decorated card to her package, and as a tag, on my gifts to my other two daughters. Simple words, but none the less more true! Money can’t buy love, and I have an abundance of that to share. Thank you for help lifting my spirits !