The following idea was submitted by Heidi:
Capture the yumminess of s’mores in a jar to be made at the recipient’s leisure!
In a Mason jar, layer in this order:
- 1/3 cup graham crackers, crushed (on the bottom)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of Holiday M & M’s
- top is off with mini marshmallows
On the tag, it should read:
S’mores in a Jar
Combine ingredients of the jar with 1/2 cup of melted butter and 1 tsp. vanilla.
Press mixture into 9-inch square baking pan.
Place the marshmallows on top.
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Cool completely.
Cut into bars and enjoy!
The jars, ingredients and decor were less than $5 each:
- I bought the Mason Jars at Walmart , and had a $1 off coupon.
- I bought the M & M’s at Walgreens, with a coupon and a Register Reward.
- I bought the Avery Labels from Walmart, and got them for free with the $5 off coupon.
- I decorated the jars with ribbon and Jingle bells from the Dollar Store. $1 for a roll of ribbon and $1 for four of the cute jingle bells!
- I finished it off with the labels from Vistaprint, for free! Instead of making an address label, I made labels that read “Merry Christmas from the Evans Family”.
I am giving these to all my kids teachers, bus driver, my son’s babysitter and my co-workers this year. They are affordable, adorable and took me five minutes to make one jar! -Heidi
Do you have a fun and frugal DIY idea to share? I’d love to hear about it! Read the submission guidelines and submit it here.