Do-It-Yourself: Homemade Hot Cocoa Cones

Hot Cocoa Mix is always a popular homemade Christmas gift and it’s especially fun when packaged as Hot Cocoa Cones. (See how to make the cute tags shown above here.)

Lynn shares some fun variations on Hot Cocoa Mix here.

Do you have a fun and frugal DIY idea to share? I’d love to hear about it! Read the submission guidelines and submit it here.

Comments

These are great! We make these every year for my daughter’s class and they are always a hit! I use the 40% off coupon from Jo-Ann Fabrics to purchase the pastry bags.

2. Maria says

So cute! I found some bags on ebay, they were cheaper than Amazon.

This will be a great project for my toddlers to make and give out.

3. flutemom says

we used the bags that wilton (cake decorating supplier) makes. we got them at acmoore using a discount coupon.

4. susan t says

I saw them being sold at craft shows a few years before they appeared at Target. I think the merchandisers at target saw a good thing and capitalized on it.

5. Emily says

Thanks for posting this! I now have a gift to make for the girls at my daughter’s day care. There are 8 of them, so I was trying to come up with an inexpensive, but still nice gift. This is perfect!

Hi all,
    I’m so thrilled to finally get my blog on MSM! Wow, I feel like I’ve made the big time! I’m so glad you like the hot chocolate cones.

The best place to get the cone shaped plastic bags is online. Check out…
    http://www.nashvillewraps.com/cellophane-bags/cone-shaped-bags/sku-c5csc.html. It’s for 100 bags, but they are only $6.90 plus shipping. You can also order them through Amazon. I use them year after year. They are also cute for Easter because look like carrots when you fill them with with orange candy.

Aimee @ Chickenville