Do-It-Yourself: Christmas Goodies

Laura from Heavenly Homemakers has a tutorial for making your own Homemade Peppernuts. Yum!

Amy from Amy’s Finer Things is tempting our tastebuds with her three-ingredient Pretzel Turtles.

The Big Red Pot posted a recipe for making Candy Cane Cookies. We’ve made these before and they are a lot of fun to make!

Laura from Heavenly Homemakers shared an Applesauce Bread recipe.

Don’t forget the doggies! Dogtipper has a recipe for Cranberry Dog Treats.

Do you have a fun and frugal Christmas Goodie idea to share? I’d love to hear about it! Read the submission guidelines and submit it here.

Comments

1. Robin says

it’s the big red pot.. not the big red depot!
    It’s one of my favorite sites..
    It is how I heard about this site!

2. Kaity McCormick says

We make the pretzel turtles every year. They’re FABULOUS! You just have to make sure they’re sealed tightly so they don’t get soft. Yum!!

The applesauce bread is going to be really great in my Christmas gift baskets and we can use the apple sauce we made from gleaned apples this year! Perfect, thank you.

4. Amanda says

I’ve made the pretzel turtles before and they are addicting! You can also do the same thing with pretzels, hershey kisses, and M&Ms.

5. amy says

ALL OF THESE LOOK YUMMY.
    I WOULD MAKE THESE FOR MY FAMILY TO ENJOY.
    HOWEVER, I WOULD NOT MAKE THEM FOR CHRISTMAS GIFTS.
    I HAVE LEARNED OVER THE YEARS THAT I CAN ALWAYS FIND A SUPER NICE GIFT THROUGHOUT THE YEAR AT A YARD SALE OR CLEARANCE SALE FOR MUCH LESS MONEY AND TIME THAN I CAN WHEN MAKING HOMEMADE FOOD GOODIES. HOMEMADE FOOD GOODIES ARE TIME CONSUMING TO BAKE/DECORATE AND ALSO COST MORE. FRUITS, NUTS, AND BREADS ARE ALL MORE COSTLY THAN MY TYPICAL CLEARANCE/YARD SALE FINDS. BY SHOPPING YEAR ROUND FOR CHRISTMAS I HAVE MORE FREE TIME WITH MY FAMILY AND FOR MYSELF TO ENJOY THE MONTH OF DECEMBER.

6. Heather says

Saw the candy cane cookies and brought back memories of making these with my mom. Then my husband saw them so now I am making them this year with my girls. Thanks for the receipe because I lost mine in the move.

7. lynn says

Those look great! I have already done my baking shopping though. This year I’m making peanut butter fudge, chocolate truffles, and peppermint bark.