Groupon: $10 for a $20 voucher to Build-A-Bear

You can get a $20 voucher to any Build-A-Bear location for only $10 today. Here’s how:

::Go to Groupon and sign up or log in.

::Click on Wichita, Houston or Tuscon and it will pull up a deal for a $20 voucher to any Build-A-Bear location for only $10. Just click through and purchase this (it is only available today and may be limited in quantity).

::Your Groupon voucher will show up in your account within 24 hours. This Groupon can be used in-store and online, however, it doesn’t apply towards shipping costs, so it would likely be a better deal to use it in-store.

::This Groupon is good at all Build-A-Bear locations. The fine print says Limit One Per Order or visit, but it appears you can purchase multiple vouchers if you’d like to make multiple orders or in-store visits.

::This Groupon expires March 31, 2011.

Thanks, Steals and Deals!

Comments

1. Melissa says

Thanks! This will go well with the $3 Bears I got last year at this time, and was just holding on to for a good present.

2. Annie says

This is my first groupon purchase! My daughter built a bear this summer for her birthday, and I wanted to get her some additional clothes for Christmas, so this is great timing.

3. amy says

Can you purchse the Groupon if it’s not for your area? My area is Indianapolis, but if I click on and purchase from the Groupon advertised for Wichita, can I still use it for the Build A Bear store in Indy?

4. Nicole says

Great timing… we just received a coupon from Build-A-Bear, which we set aside for a little holiday outing. Now we can take advantage of these vouchers too. My son is going to be so excited. Thanks for sharing!

5. tara says

yay, the Wichita one does indeed state that it expires 3-31-11. A couple of the other cities stated that the $20 dollar option expired 12-31-10. Thanks!!

6. Alisha Harrington says

I wanted to make sure everyone knew that you can purchase groupons through ebates. I buy enough that it has started to add up! Every little bit helps!

• Jen D says

@tammy, depending on your location, you can usually also purchase a Groupon via Swagbucks to earn ‘bucks’. I think if you go through Trial Pay you earn 160 swagbucks. Now, this is typically only if you purchase the one in your local area so I’m not sure it would work for this particular Groupon – unless you live in Chicago, Wichita, etc.

Just a thought. :)

Anyone know if you can purchase multiple ones? I’m confused about the fine print… I’m trying to get two for my kids for Christmas, and then give another to my niece…
    Thanks for any help!

Thanks! I just got this deal for 3 of my 4 nieces. The youngest doesn’t live close to any locations, so we’ll go with something else for her. Yay!! Christmas shopping just got WAY easier!!

9. Laurie says

Do you think I’d be able to use a groupon voucher and a regular gift card in the same transaction? I don’t know if a gift card is an “offer.”

Woo-hoo! What a great way to use some of my Groupon credit! We always make one of these bears/animals for our nieces and nephews when they turn 1. We include the “record your own sound” so we can send them a special message as they all live far from us. This is perfect for our nephew’s April birthday! Thanks, Crystal!

11. Meghan says

I had to chuckle because I had my first Build a Bear Experience last spring with my 3 year old, who had been DYING to go. We decided it would be his reward for earning enough stickers on his chore chart. The bear he picked out was not cheap on its own ($20), and I was thoroughly impressed at how well the Build a Bear employees marketed directly to my 3 year old, bypassing my frugal skills. We walked out with an animal that made a sound and had a full outfit (including underwear)…..for $55. Needless to say, my son is going to have to earn a LOT more stars before we ever go back there…..so be warned, a $20 groupon might not get you far at Build a Bear! :)

12. Kim says

Redeemed my all you $5.00 credit that was offered a few weeks ago, so got $20.00 gift certificate for $5.00, NICE :) Also, probably won’t let me, but gonna try and use the $5.00 gift card they sent my son this week for his b-day tomorrow. Also, I think you get double points on purchase made in bday month. WOW what a deal

My son has my husband’s old teddy bear and lets just say that he has been well loved over the past 27 years. He is losing a lot of fur and I have been wanting to by him an outfit for awhile to cover his bald spots and protect him a little from losing more fur. Now I can take my son and his bear and we can get him something snazzy to wear!

14. Rosie T says

teach me to procrastinate! I wanted to get 2 of these for my kids stocking stuffers (DD, 3, has been asking to go back all year!), but its sold out in every city. Sad. Oh well. my fault for waiting. Hopefully they’ll run this again before Christmas. :)

15. Shantique says

This was awesome! I got one for each of my girls stockings for Christmas. They both made their first animals and my little one sleeps with hers every night. My oldest doesn’t seem to grasp the idea of stuffed animals wearing clothes, but she can use this toward another accessory for her doggie!! Awesome!!!