Ask the Readers: Legitimate Auto Form Fillers?

Just wondering if you could recommend a good autofill download for forms. With all the great freebies that are posted, it would be super quick to use autofill to fill in the blanks! I was just looking to find one and there are so many choices and downloads, some even seem kind of fishy. Myself and probably some of your other readers would appreciate a suggestion. -Becky

I’m so glad you asked this, Becky! I had been using Roboform, but I was concerned it was causing some issues with my computer so I deleted it. (Has anyone else had problems with it?) After the issues with Roboform, but I’m a little leery of the free autofill options out there and have been meaning to ask on my blog what you all would recommend.

So, would you all help Becky and me out? What program do you use to automatically fill in the sign-up forms to request freebies and other things?

Thanks in advance for all the time you are going to save me! I’ve missed Roboform and honestly have been signing up for a lot fewer things recently just because I don’t always want to invest the time to fill out the forms by hand. (Yes, I know, call me lazy! But since I’m limiting my time on the computer, I’d rather be blogging than filling out forms!)

Comments

1. Amanda says

I read a previous article on here about Roboform being very useful so I went ahead and installed it and it was bad news all around. I ended up having to buy a spyware removal kit from walmart from all the stuff that suddenly appeared on my laptop a few days after I installed it and the tech guy in the electronic sections was telling me that when it comes to the world of the internet anything ‘free’ needs to be approached with caution, because usually the reason the makers of applications like roboform are so willing to let you use it for free is because you are downloading all of their spyware embedded in it too, so they are getting something out of it after all. Google seems like a pretty trustworthy brand though, so I may try that one.

2. Victor Healey says

LastPass is cross platform which is nice if your, booting between Mac and Windows.

Multiple personalities so your mate and children may use it too.

It also auto logs you into web sites if you program it to do so.

Selective Form Fill

By default, all form fields on the page are filled. However, LastPass also supports selective form filling.

To selectively fill forms, simply use your mouse to highlight only the form fields you would like to fill.

I’ve used Roboform Pro for many years and have it on all our computers. I’ve never had a problem with it. Anytime you are dealing with freebie offers and sweepstakes you need to have a good anti-virus program on your computer. AVG or Avast are both great options.

4. Stacey Boyd says

I have been using the free version of Roboform for about 8 years now with no problems at all! I recommend it to anyone that asks about it!

5. Amanda says

I never heard of any programs that did this. I just fill out my info every time. Good to know though. I will ask my computer geek husband to help me set this up.

6. Crissy Stout says

I use Norton Internet Explorer. It’s not free, but careful shopping can get you a really good price after rebates and I have no doubt I can trust it. It will save my passwords/logins, you can have more than one “card” that will automatically fill in forms (in other words, one for work, one for hubby, one for home), and I get protection from viruses, etc.

7. Cheryl Sirote says

I use it all the time. It also helps when you can’t remember all your passwords & don’t want to pull out your notebook that you have all your passwords in like I do. Its so handy.

8. Blaire Ruch says

Norton Identity Safe came free with our computer, and it has a great identity card feature which I use many many times daily.

9. Art Edson says

I have used Roboform for years . . . both at home and a work. Absolutely LOVE it as it allows generation of secure passwords and then remembers them for each site . . . something that would be impossible otherwise. Have had NO issues at all over that time, although it is not free (just practically free)

10. Rebekah says

Lastpass. It lets you have multiple profiles and easily generates new passwords for each site you sign up on, so no worries about getting phished by using the same password on all of them. After you submit the form, you need to tell it to remember the password (a green bar at the top of the screen asks if you want them to). It works great in Firefox. I’ve had some trouble in IE, but I don’t use IE enough to have bothered trying to figure it out.