Walmart: Free Gain Dishwashing Soap

Walmart has small bottles of Gain dishwashing soap regularly priced at $0.97. Use the $1/1 coupon from yesterday’s P&G insert to get these free!

See more deals at Walmart here.

Thanks, Common Sense with Money!

Comments

1. steph says

And don’t forget to put the receipt in an envelope as it qualifies for the P&G Everyday Savings coupon deal!

2. Michelle says

This is also on sale at Rite Aid. I tried to use my coupon there to get a free one as I happened to be going right past the Rite Aid. The manager refused my coupon! He said that he couldn’t take a coupon for more than the amount of the item and refused to adjust it. This is the first time I’ve had this happen(I’m new to couponing). Not sure what to do with this. Do I bother to complain? Should I just not use coupons at that Rite Aid(another one is about 5 blocks away).

• Alyssa says

@Michelle,

I would go back and try to do it again. This time if anyone says you can’t do it show them the Rite Aid ad where it shows that the Gain is $0.89 and it TELLS you to use the $1/1 cpn in the Sunday paper to get it free. I don’t know what they could possibly say about that.

And if you already tried that than i’m sorry and I don’t know. :)

I would recommend if your new to couponing to try out each store a few times and then decide which one is worth going to on a regular basis. I have a few preferred stores where I live- and a few I don’t go to unless I really need to because they’re very hard to deal with when using coupons!

Good luck!

• Alyssa says

@Michelle,
      @Michelle,

And if you already tried that than i’m sorry and I don’t know. :)

Good luck!

• Chris says

@Michelle, I made it a put to bring in the ad with me. One store gave me a problem. I repeated about five times that the ad says you could do that. Finally they concluded that the ad was “wrong,” but that’s the ad’s problem, not mine and they gave it to me.

And in my area at least, not all the RAs carry Gain dish detergent, FYI.

3. Michelle says

Thanks Ladies! I did point out the ad and the manager still wouldn’t budge. When I called corporate, they told me it was illegal for them to adjust it over a penny! However, they did offer to send me a coupon for$5 off any order over $5 so I guess that’s a good thing. Today, I plan to go to the other RA and if it works, I’ll just go there. It’s near the Farm Fresh and I shop there on Wednesdays to get the double coupons. Oh, and I apologize, I posted this comment on the Walmart gain thing….I thought maybe I hadn’t hit submitand it didn’t post? Can you please delete that comment. Thanks and sorry for the confusion. BTW, I really appreciate all the wisdom in this blog and the helpful posts! So glad to “take back” our finances and work to get ahead.

4. Chelsea says

At my Walmart, if the coupon value is higher than the price of the item they will not let me use the coupon. I wish I could get this deal :(

5. Jessica says

I ordered 60 of these coupons for a total of $4.46! Shouldnt have to buy dish detergent for awhile!

• Jessica says

@ashley,

I got them off ebay. They are going for $5 and up for a set of 20 most of the time, but if you keep checking in you might find a better deal. I found some for .99 for 20 and .99 shipping. For each additional set is was only .25 shipping. So the total was only $4.46 for 60. But the seller had put up 25 sets of coupons and they were all gone within minutes so you have to check frequently.

6. Autumn says

How are people buying this at Walmart? I’ve been told over and over they will not adjust the coupon for even a penny difference. I’m always finding .99 cent sales and unable to use the $1.00 off q. They keep saying I’m trying to ask them to commit coupon Fraud. I’ve been boycotting them for always making a huge deal out of trying to use any coupons.

• starladarcy says

@Autumn,
      At my wm they took 10 of my coupons.They put the coupon in manually and took off the 0.97 .I had to get the district manager in order to do that though.He agreed with me though that if the coupon states 1.00 then it should be allowed to be used.

7. Heather T. says

My walmart adjusts down, but I work there so that may be why, I know how frustratining it can be I got five extra papers this week, knowing about the Gain deal, I don’t like the purple it smells like laundry soap but the green smells great, hope it works well.

8. Allison V. says

I usually don’t do anything tricky with coupons at Walmart, because of the issues. I did email corporate on a few clarifications though. They automatically emailed back their vague coupon policy, so I wrote back again stating I was looking for clarification beyond that, and later recieved a call from a local store manager. On this issue, he said that the store should take the coupon at face value. I asked him if I could get that in write from him =) but he told me to just tell anyone that he told me that’s how it works. I haven’t tried it yet… I may just have to mosey down there and see if they have this Gain dish soap!

9. Sue says

I went to Walmart last night and used this.. I had no problem.. sometimes I wonder if these things work depending on the checkout person you get.. the lady that waited on us did not give it a second look.
    Sue in NJ

10. Autumn says

I received an email from Walmart stating they WILL adjust the coupon down. Boy, I’m going to save this and keep it in my car. Lol