ULTA: Aussie and Herbal Essense hair products for only $0.38 each

Through August 7, 2010 Ulta has Aussie and Herbal Essences on sale for $2.50 each. There is also a coupon in the ad for $3.50 off a $10 purchase. Here’s how to get four Aussie or Herbal Essense products for only $0.38 each:

Buy 4 Aussie & Herbal Essences at $2.50 each
Use $3.50/$10 in-ad coupon
Use 2 Buy One, Get One Free Aussie or Herbal Essence coupons from the 08/01 P&G insert
$0.38 each after coupons

Thanks, Sara and Simple Saving Savvy!

Comments

Wow, as much as I coupon, I didn’t know Ulta took manufacturer’s coupons! ;) Whoops! And we have one right next to my SuperTarget too! Thanks for the heads up!

2. rachael says

I’m soooooo excited about this deal…I LOVE Aussie’ “Instant Freeze” hair spray and I’m almost out….I have 2 of the $3.50 of $10 coupons….so I’ll be stocking up! Here’s hoping the hairspray is part of the deal! Thanks!

3. Corrie says

I didn’t know Ulta took manufacturer’s coupons. I thought I saw somewhere that they didn’t. Hmm. I’ll have to check this out. Thanks for posting it, though!

4. April says

Ulta used to take both manufacturer’s coupons with their store coupons but now they will not let you do both at the same time. You can use their store coupon but have to use the manufacturer’s coupons as a separate transaction. This was disappointing.

5. Julie says

Hi, I’m new to this and I was wondering what the 08/01 P&G insert is and where I might be able to find one.
    Thanks!

• Amanda says

@Julie, It is the Proctor and Gamble coupon insert that was in the August 1, 2010 newspaper. To get the coupon inserts, just buy the Sunday paper. I buy one at Walgreens each week. Other ladies get theirs from a newspaper subscription.

6. Alyssa says

I tried to use a mf cpn along with a store cpn for $5 off a $10 order from them once and they told me that it would have to be $10 after any other mf cpns. That made me pretty upset- so I talked to my mom who worked at Ulta for awhile and told her about this and she said that it’s at the store’s discretion to use mf cpns and to accept them any way they’d like. Ulta has a lot of dumb company-wide rules and such- which is why my mom doesn’t work there anymore :)

I was able to get 2 shampoos and 2 conditioners(ea. 17 0z) for a grand total of $1.62. This was at the Vancouver, WA Ulta store.

8. lynne says

Ulta in TX sucks…they don’t let you stack manufacturing coupon on top of their coupons…i was checking out 4 bottles of Herbal Essences at the counter and had coupons to use but ended leaving empty handed…the manager didn’t allow me to use both coupons

9. Kim says

At my DFW, TX store they will not allow you to combine the store coupon with manufacturer coupons. I have tried explaining that they are reimbursed from the manu for the manu coupons, so they aren’t losing money. After talking with 2 managers on different occasions, neither would budge and said it is a company policy that they received a memo about from their bosses.

Some may have better luck, but I want to warn you that not all stores will let you do this deal.

10. Stacy G. says

The very first time I went to ULTA, I did a similar transaction and succeeded to get very cheap make-up here in north Texas. However, the second time I went in, they said I could not use both store coupon and MF coupon in the same transaction. Have not gone there since, there is no point. If you want to chance it, many times it depends on what kind of cashier you have, coupon-friendly versus not coupon-friendly. Or, new versus experienced. I love new cashiers.

Thanks!

I just called my ULTA and they told me that they would honor both ( I’m in OK ) as soon as I find my other B1G1 Q I’ll be headed down there!! … I guess I only got one P&G insert!! :0( still a good deal…

Thanks!

13. Ka says

have you tried this? i’m doing the math and am coming out to $1.00 per item. can you do the math for me?

14. Sheila says

Georgia -Alpharetta store wouldn’t honor this deal….I will try Marietta store and see what happens. They said it had to be $10 final amount.

15. Deanna says

ok redid the math if it had to be done the Ulta way. If you buy 8 bottles of HE at $2.50 each (total $20), use the 4 B1G1 coupons, which will deduct $10, you then have the $10 Ulta requires to use their $3.50 coupon. This will bring the total price to $6.50 for 8 bottles or 81 cents each. Not AS good a deal but still pretty good for a bottle of HE.

• Deanna says

For those of you having difficulties at Ulta and if you got a Target mailer today ($5 off 3): Target has the HE on sale for $2.50 this week thru 8/8/10. Buy 4, use the $5 Target Q, then use 2 B1G1 from the 8/1 Q’s, get 4 for free! I would give the Target Q first bc it says $5 off 3 and some Targets may say you only bought 2 if you use the B1G1 Q first. Or you can buy 6, use the $5 off 3 Target Q, use 3 B1G1 Q’s and get all 6 for $2.50 or 42 cents each.

16. Kathleen says

Tried this in Richmond, Va., and was quickly shut down. The manager told me she was doing me a favor if she even considered taking the mf q’s, on top of the Ulta $10 off q. She said they take mf q’s off first, so the order would have to end up being $10 before using their $3.50 q. She also pointed out that each mf q says ‘limit 1 per customer’, so technically, she could only take one mf q anyway.

Bottom line is that they don’t like to accept mf q’s. I’m not saying they won’t, but they don’t make it easy/painfree like other stores in the area.

Just wanted folks to know this did NOT work in the Ulta on Broad Street in Richmond, Va., to save folks a trip there.

17. Shauna says

I had my first experience at ULTA and it was not pleasant. My first cashier acted like she had never even seen a coupon before.
    Then she gave me to a second girl who was really nice and she completed the transaction. But as she was finishing up another woman came up and said that it was not correct and said the coupon was only one per purchase and that I couldn’t use them together. She said that she clips coupons and follows the grocery guru and she would never do it like that. I tried to nicely explain that it was one per item I purchased and the coupon did not say one per transaction, but she would not listen.
    I was so embarrassed and upset when I got home that I called the store and talked to the manager. The manager was very sympathetic and said that my transaction was correct and she would talk to her employees. It will have to be an awesome deal for me to try shopping there again.

18. KBS says

I’m new to shopping at Ulta and haven’t tried using manuf. coupons there, but most coupons are definitely per item purchased not transaction. I have found that it’s hard to use the $3.50 off $10 because of all the exclusions.