Target: Free Stride Gum

I cannot guarantee that this deal will work at every store, but Kaley from Cha-Ching on a Shoestring tested it out and it went through without beeping for her. So, if you like Stride Gum, here’s how you can get two for free at Target right now:

Buy 2 Stride Gums — 14 count
Use Buy One, Get One Free Target coupon
Stack with Buy One, Get One Free manufacturer’s coupon from the 5/16 SmartSource insert
Get both free after coupons

Comments

1. Rae says

I did this a few weeks ago when the target coupon first came out and it worked. I’m guessing it would probably beep now that they changed their registers but they would probably push it through for you.

• Rae says

@Brandy, They auto adjust down most coupons now which is good as far as not beeping and having to be pushed through. But it is bad in a few ways too. The above deal for instance would beep. Last week when I bought the Bear Naked granola and one came of free because of the sale and I had a bogo manufacturer coupon, the man. coupon beeped. You cannot use coupons (target or manufacturer) on free items now. Like if there is a bogo sale, you can’t use 2 coupons. The register will actually say now “you cannot use a coupon on a free item”. You also have to watch $/item coupons too if the coupon is more than the item. Like I used the $1.50/4 coupon for $.92 cans of chefboyardee. It adjusted down to $.92 so I had to have the cashier adjust it to $1.50 since it was $1.50 off 4 not 1. I had the same thing happen 2 weeks ago when I used $1/2 Fruit2O coupons on $.88 bottles, it adjusted down to $.88 even though the coupon was off 2.

• Danielle says

Wouldn’t work at my Target. The Kashi nor the Sobe nor the Juicy Juice deals worked at my Target last week either. The clerk started to push the coupons through and then a manager walked up and said that they were going to be having a meeting about not pushing coupons through. Most coupons say one coupon per transactionand they are going to stick to it. Bummer for me!

2. Angela says

Does the coupon beepage occur even if you give them the manufacturer coupon first and the target coupon last? In the past I’ve never had a problem with the store coupons or coupons for free items as long a I gave them the manu. Q. first.

3. Lissa says

This is totally YMMV~ I had it work 1 time out of 4. MAKE SURE you buy the same kind of Stride Gum~ some are priced at $1.09 and some at $1.23 at my store~ the difference in price of the two different flavors triggered a beep. The other times it didn’t work they said I couldn’t use both coupons at once, since the coupon says you have to BUY one…they couldn’t give me both packs free.

4. Ashley says

So, I’m new to this whole coupon thing.

What does it mean to “stack” coupons?

Also, where can I find the 5/16 SmartSource insert?

5. Meredith says

Is the coupon in the 5/16 SS a regional coupon? I live in Utah and didn’t get it in my SS that day.