Jewel: Edy’s ice cream for $0.50

Through July 7, 2010, there’s a great promotion going on at Jewel: Spend $12 on participating products, receive a $4 off catalina to use on your next order.

Edy’s ice cream is on sale for two for $5 and is part of this promotion. However, the sale price is listed at $6.45, so according to how Jewel runs their sales (you earn the the catalina based upon the retail price not the sale price) you would only need to purchase two in order to reach $12.

So here’s how it should work:

Buy 2 Edy’s ice cream at 2 for $5
Spend $5 out of pocket, Get back a $4 off catalina to use on your next order
$0.50 each after sale and catalina

Please note: This deal rolls, meaning you can use the $4 catalina to purchase more ice cream and get another catalina — and on and on!

See more deals at Jewel this week here.

Thanks, Clever Couponing!

Comments

1. Melissa says

The deal does roll, but it doesn’t stack, meaning if you buy $24 worth of ice cream in one transaction, you will still only get $4 worth of catalinas, not $8. So, just do one deal per transaction.

Melissa is correct — Catalinas at Jewel _always_ roll. There are other great deals on the ice cream sale too, although the Edy’s is the best :).

3. Patti Smith says

I went this morning and got ice cream and got my $4 catalina. I went back this afternoon and did not get another one even though I bought 2 more ice cream. Is there someway I can get the one I should have gotten? I was disappointed. Thanks.

4. KATHY says

We have Albertsons in our area (Osco store like Jewel) does anyone know if this deal is running for the Albertsons stores as well?

• Jenny says

@KATHY,

It’s actually a National Catalina deal….the buy $12 worth, get $4 cat. If Albertson’s also goes off of shelf price, then it would be the same deal there.

Be careful on your shelf price~I do Jewel deals on a regular basis and at my store the shelf price is only 4.95 so you have to buy three ice creams to get the cat.
    These are tricky at times, but you can get some great deals when you do the sales right:)