Walgreens: Gillette money-maker

You can get Gillette deodorant and body wash for free-plus-overage at Walgreens this week. Here’s how:

Buy 1 Gillette Odor Shield Deodorant — $4.99
Buy 1 Gillette Body Wash — $4.49

Use $2/1 coupon from the 5/16 RedPlum insert
Use the Buy Deodorant, Get Body Wash Free Coupon From 5/16 RedPlum insert
Spend $2.99 plus tax out of pocket, Get $4.50 back in Register Rewards
Free plus $1.50 overage after coupons and Register Rewards

Thanks, Passion for Savings!

See more deals at Walgreens this week.

Comments

1. Jessica says

Can you use those 2 coupons. The first one listed is for $2 off the deordorant and the second one is buy 1 deodorant get 1 body wash free… wouldn’t that be like using 2 coupons on the deordorant? I am new this this and get very nervous at the checkout…

2. Lynn in MD says

Not such a good deal at my store… $5.99 for the Gillette Odor Shield Deod – so $.50 profit – except you usually need to buy extra stuff to use Register Rewards… plus there’s tax… so instead of looking at it as a money maker, just look at it as free or almost free men’s products.

3. Jenny says

The walgreens by me no longer spits out Register Rewards if you use a coupon. They also don’t spit out if you use a Register Rewards to purchase somthing that gives a register rewards…even if it’s for a differrent item. :(. This new policy was also posted on their registers.

4. Joe says

I did this deal but here’s what I did:
    The deodorant was $5.79 at my walgreens (used $2 coupon 5/16 RP)
    Got two body washes (used the RP 5/16 buy one deodorant, get one body wash & buy one get one gillete body wash from 5/2 P&G.

My end total after tax was $4.82, got back $4.50 in RR.

5. Lori says

I tried this today and not so good. The deodorant was $5.49 so 50 cent overage after tax and was not able to use a reward because all I had were $5 ones from last week. I used both coupons and the bogo beeped. It only went through because the cashier was nice and sent it through after a few unsuccessful attempts. At Walgreens I rarely have beeps, but something did not gel with this one.

6. Kat says

Buy one get one free coupons will almost always beep because the cashier has to manually enter the price of the item for the coupon to work since the price varies at different stores. So if you are using the $2 coup, I would suggest giving them that one first then the b1g1 since the b1g1 coupon will most likely beep.

7. Stasia says

I used just the buy one get one free body wash coupon at my Walgreens this morning, and got two for $5.03 out of pocket, with a $4.50 RR.

8. Kathy Temples says

Would someone please email me or point me in the right direction to find out what Walgreens register rewards are and how they work?

I did this deal tonight with no problems! The Buy One Get One Free coupon does beep, but as Kat said, it’s just because they have to look up and manually enter the price of the Free item. My total was $3.84 then I used a previous $2RR so I paid $1.84 and got 4.50 RR. Great deal – thanks!