Walmart: Deals for the week of April 14-20, 2010

Here are the best deals at Walmart right now with thanks to Heather from Passion for Savings for her help in compiling them. Please keep in mind that Walmart deals vary by region so not all of the prices listed here will be valid at all stores.

Scotch Brite Sponges – $0.88
Use $1/1 printable
Free after coupon

Tucks Take Alongs Wipes – $2.74
Use $3/1 printable here (IE) or here (FF)
Free after coupon

T.G.I. Friday’s Quesadillas, Chicken Wings, or Spinach Dip – $3.12
Use $1.50/1 printable
$1.62 after coupon

Hormel Natural Choice Lunch Meat – $2.50
Use $0.55/1 printable
$1.95 after coupon

See the full list of Walmart deals here.

Comments

1. Stacey says

IF you are going to Walmart, make sure your coupons are color copies only. They will not take black and white ones. Every register last night had a note taped to it regarding internet coupons and what they will/won’t take. They argued with me about taking a Sunday paper coupon from Oscar Mayer for ANY bacon- I chose turkey bacon. The customer service mgr was very huffy about it so I told her to take the bacon back. $10.72 worth of product they didn’t sell. The sad thing is, I didn’t even have an attitude last night. I know I can be rude and when I am being rude but I didn’t even bother. I can shop other places.

• Jana Biel says

Bummer! Our Walmart is great about coupons. They take black and white ones. Some stores just don’t follow company policy. Bummer!

• Kari says

I spent over an hour last night getting all of the items I needed at Wal-Mart to match my coupons, got to the register and they wouldn’t take any of the coupons that were printed. I left Wal-Mart with nothing.

2. Ginny says

Wal-mart wouldn’t take my scotch brite coupon the other day because it wouldn’t scan. It was a color print out, but she couldn’t get it to scan.

• Diana says

@Ginny, Minew ouldn’t scan either and she said it was because the product was only .84 and the coupon was for 1.00. So it wouldn’t match up. Oklahoma City, OK

3. sunny says

walmart is the worst when it comes to coupons. My walmart use to take coupons and match competitors sales ad prices, but the other day Iwas informed that it is one or the other not both.

• Junanne says

That is not their policy….it’s a shame when they don’t follow the rules. I’m sure corporate would not be pleased if they were to hear about it. I mean, they get their money from the manufacturer + 0.08 for every coupon. jeesh.

• Amanda says

Just keep a copy of the coupon policy and go to customer service with it. That way they cannot fight with you. I had to do that once with a IP Q for a toy around Christmas that was on coupons.com. It was for $5 and would not scan. I just used other IP Qs & regular Qs from the paper with no problems. They tried to tell me they didn’t take internet coupons. I told them I used them regularly and showed them their policy and they couldn’t fight then and refunded me the coupon. I also price match and use coupons. However, I find Walmart employees generally unfriendly and honestly most seem unwilling to work or do not care to be working. I try to avoid Walmart at all costs.

Our Walmart in Hermitage, PA has become very difficult to deal with when it comes to coupons. I have been skipping Walmart on a regular basis now and heading to Walgreens and Giant Eagle. Giant Eagle is great about coupons!

5. Stacey says

The notes that I saw have been read alot by the cashiers based on how curled up they are, so they must have been doing this for quite a while at my store in Central Michigan. I am bummed about it since it was easy to get an oil change and grocery shop with my kids and then leave. But they are forcing me to shop at Target, Meijer and Walgreens more and more. The wave of the future is to have the customer “waste” their ink and paper to print coupons so that they don’t have to spend the money printing and sending them out. I would imagine that they do lose money when people make copies but they can’t be losing as much as they are saving by not having to do any of the work themselves to get the coupons out there. (my opinion applies to all companies not just Walmart)

These walmart coupons are so useful to me. I live down the street from on and its extremely affordable already to begin with but with the coupons, I can save even more!

7. Maria says

My Walmart Neighborhood Market in Florida takes black and white coupons. However, the sponges were on sale for $.84 and they would not give me overage on my $1.00 off coupon. That’s fine, it was still FREE!

8. Kristin says

My Walmart wouldn’t take my Scotch Brite coupon either :( And it was printed in color. Bummer.

9. Kelly says

My Walmart took my black and white coupons today. However she would not take the 1.00 off the scotch bright sponges. She said because the sponges were less than the coupon value. But get this…my walmart had the blue bunny ice cream sandwiches for .50 and she took the 1.00 coupon for that!!!

10. Michele says

My Kroger is getting bad. I have $1.00 off 2 Hillshire farms products they would not allow with the store’s B1G1.

11. Katy says

Is it just me, or does the Scotch Brite coupon linked above say it’s good “on any TWO Scotch brand product”? It doesn’t say “products” plural, so I wonder if they changed it to say TWO after they realized people were getting stuff for free? (I bet they hate it when we’re smart with our coupons, ha.)

12. starladarcy says

Is this a valid coupon?? I have printed 10 so that i can stock up on sponges.I have read that ppl on other sites can’t use this particular coupon because irt want scan or because they have been told it was a fake.
    I just want to make sure before i go to the wal-mart.

13. Carrie says

My Walmart would not let me use the Scotch Brite coupon because it would make the item free. I called 1800walmart and was told it should have worked. When I called my local walmart and told them that, the lady I talked to said she had a copy of the coupon policy in front of her and that you can not use coupons that are higher than the value of the item you’re buying. I’ve never had problems with this before. I’m going to keep bothering them until I get the same answer from both places!

• starladarcy says

@Carrie,

Funny thing is i always use coupons that are more than the item.The other day i had 12 0.55/1 any reeses dark chocolate cups.The wall-mart had them priced at 0.50 So when they scanned each 0.55 coupon it would say “valid coupon amount” across the screen.All the cashier did would hit yes each time.
      So i guess it depends solely on the cashier whether are not they want to input the Q’s manually or just be lazy and scan only.

14. Laura Mundie says

My walmart wouldn’t let me use it on the sponge because it was more than the product cost, but they let me use it on the tucks pads. No clue why they let me on one and not the other

I had a frustrating time at wal-mart tonight too ladies. They would not accept my Scotch Brite coupon. They never follow their coupon policy. It is really frustrating.

16. Summer says

My checkout guy said no on the Scotch Brite coupon so I said usually cashiers just cue it down to the lower price if the coupon is more. He looked at me really weird, then called a manager over and the manager said the same thing I did. So free sponges :)

17. Amanda says

I know this was mentioned on another Walmart post, but I am excited that I finally got the $5 gift card in the mail today that many were reporting. Yay, for free money!

18. Lynn in MD says

I also had a frustrating trip to WalMart today. I tried to buy the Scotch Brite single sponges (along with rabbit food) and the cashier refused the coupons saying they don’t take internet coupons. I asked her since when and she said she didn’t take them because they didn’t scan. I said that’s not true and put one above the scanner and it scanned just fine. She still refused my coupons so I had her take off the sponges. I HATE WalMart – so customer unfriendly!

19. VirgiLia says

I noticed Wal Mart has changed the price of the kotex liners from $1 to 94 cents. I brought a pack of sponges, an individual 84 cent one, my free Sun Chips coupon and other things. When she scanned the kotex $1 off coupon, it had trouble, but she just kinda shrugged and wrote it in manually. When she scanned my sponge coupons, the first one went through, but not the second. I looked at the coupon, it said one coupon per purchase. then she told me the sponge was 84 cents and I’m not allowed to use a coupon of higher value anyway. She also said at my store in Kentucky, if it is an internet coupon and it doesn’t scan, they aren’t allowed to use it. But because my kotex coupon was from the manufacturer and it was only a 6 cent difference, she went ahead and put it through.

20. Lisa says

One of the requirements for internet coupons to be accepted at WM is they have to have a scannable bar code. The cashier is following the rules if they reject it.

HINT: If theyare not using a remote scanner, sometimes if they fold it in half using the stationary scanner it will scan.

If they want to mark it down a coupon they are accepting, call 1800Walmart from your cell or customer service to complain. If it’s a valid coupon that they accept, they should give you face value for it. Either they accept the coupon or they don’t, but they should not be writing it down. If you want cash back a front end supervisor has to override it. I suggest buying a gift card for $5 + or some fruit or gum to avoid that hassle. I thought it was just my store but from reading this it seems all over that the cashiers and managers are not trained on their coupon policies. :( As fustrating as it is remember they are earning a living just like we are to support their families. Most are just trying to follow the incorrect rules they have been told to follow. My store has gone from even the manager rejecting my coupons to accepting them..it has been a lot of time and headache though!

21. starladarcy says

I went to my WM and used the scotch brite Q’s. I received 12 sponges for free!! The cashier was nice enough to put the coupons in manually.

22. Nicole says

wow today I was treated like a criminal at walmart… first the girl tried to tell me I couldnt use them b/c they were in black and white, I said oh i’m sorry I dont have a color printer, and I have your coupon policy right here and it doesnt say they need to be in color? she asks the manager he kinda gave me a look said they were fine except the manager said I could only use 1 coupon(on the scotch brite), and I asked him why..he said its one per purchase and I explained to him oh I wasnt aware of that I used them a few days ago at frys with no problem, and he said well then go to frys…wow! someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed…I think walmart has lost me as a customer, I know i am only one person, but I was in tears today after the way I was treated (this isnt the first time or all of what happened) all in front of my 16 month old daughter…nice…all for trying to save a little money

23. Tina says

Just a heads up. I went to Wal-Mart the other day and used the scotch-brite Q’s and now next time I go in the lady in the cash office NEEDS to see me and they have to call loss prevention cuz they think they are fraudulent coupons. Good thing that I know the lady in the cash office and she gave me a heads up!!

24. Stacey says

Update on MY Walmart issue that started this: I ended up calling the 800# so that someone from the store could call me back. The mgr I spoke to said they were hit hard a few weekends ago from someone(s) using “fraudulent” coupons. I did not ask if it was my store or if it applied to the entire company, anyway I told her I felt like I was a criminal wanting to use a coupon at their store and I didn’t appreciate the feeling. Long story short, they are allowed to knock down the price on the item if the coupon doesn’t go through and they sell something and I get my merchandise. Can’t wait to test that one out. And just to be clear, my bacon coupon was scannable and the bar code was readable – they just couldn’t figure out what to do about it and didn’t want to put a lot of effort into making me happy. I also find that if I have a lot of items they are less likely to notice when the coupon is for more than the price of the item.

25. Tina says

Just got back from Wal-Mart and they took care of it. Explained that the coupon was in PDF form from a newsletter and they looked into it (I referenced this site) and said they were fine but like Stacey said the “A WAL-MART” was hit hard with fraudulent coupons so they have to be very careful now. I was told I could use all of the ones I still had and even the lady in the cash office asked if I had any extra for her PHEW glad that was taken care of. (Probably would of been totally different if I hadn’t worked there before. Good thing they know and trust my judgement)

26. Kara Saylor says

Has anyone noticed that says $1/2 on the scotchbrite sponge coupon now? i’m pretty sure it used to be off 1?

Well I left a full cart of groceries in Walmart the other night because they would not let me get the scotchbrites with my $1 coupons. So I just stared going to the Super Walmarts and doing self service. Then I don’t have the hassle. Thank goodness