Walgreens: Free Greeting Cards

Walgreens is running a deal this week where when you purchase 8 greeting cards, you’ll get a $5 Register Reward. Here are two ways to get free cards with this deal:

Transaction Idea #1

Buy 8 Greeting Cards for Kids at $0.49 each
Spend $3.92 plus tax out of pocket, Get $5 Register Rewards
Free plus overage after Register Rewards

Transaction Idea #2

Buy 2 Greeting Cards at $0.99 each
Buy 6 Greeting Cards for Kids at $0.49
each
Spend $4.92 plus tax out of pocket, Get $5 Register Rewards
Free after Register Rewards

Thanks, Milk Donor Mama!

See the full list of deals at Walgreens this week here.

Comments

1. Nichole says

I ran to Walgreen’s yesterday to grab Mother’s Day Cards with the RR Deal. I was bummed not to find a single .49 card in my store here in Michigan. But I did grab some .99 cards and a couple that were 3.69. They were all Hallmark cards and I did get the $5.00 RR. I was soo happy to see this since Mother’s Day is just around the corner.

At my store there aren’t any cards below $0.99 and the in ad coupon doesn’t work on cards below $1.50. Maybe I am missing something?

The register reward deal has nothing to do with the in-ad coupon!

The in-ad coupon is for $.44 off cards $1.50 or more.

The RR deal does not have any price requirements.

Yesterday I bought 8 of the $.49 cards and got the $5 RR. I did this deal 4 times and got the RR every time.

The $.49 cards are on the bottom row of the $.99 cards. There are only a few varieties- maybe 6 or 8.

I tried it on the gift tag Hallmark cards some .69-.75 by the wrapping paper and it didn’t work for me! I couldn’t find any kid .49 ones.

5. kara says

I looked everywhere for the .49 cards and couldn’t find any so I bought 8 of the gift tag cards or .60 each and no RR printed. I was very disappointed.

6. Laura says

I did this deal but not as a MM. It’s always nice to have cards on hand such as bereavement and birthday ones. Using the coupon in the ad ($.44 off cards priced $1.49 and up), I chose a couple at $.99 and some higher priced ones. The 8 cards totaled about $14 before the coupon and then about $12 afterwards. I still received the $5 back and so I paid about $7 for really nice cards – still a bargain for me!

7. Claudette says

My store doesn’t carry 49 cent cards. The ad says the deal is on cards $1.50 or more. The register isn’t supposed to give you a Catalina unless you meet the rules but soemtimes it will by mistake. One other tip don’t use Walgreen’s dollars when you are trying to earn more of them because they usually won’t print.

8. Melissa says

I found this deal worked at the Walgreens by my house in the suburbs, that carries the $0.49 cards. The Walgreens in the city, however, did not have any under $0.99. I did get the $5 rewards.

9. L. Olson says

The RR deal is not the same as the in-store coupon… as far as I see it. The in-store coupon gives you $.44 off any Hallmark $1.50 or higher. If you buy 8 of ANY Hallmark you get $5 in RR. You don’t have to get $1.50 cards to get the RR…