Pizza Hut: BOOK-IT! Program

Once again, Pizza Hut is offering its BOOK IT! program to children in K-6th grade, including homeschoolers. This program is designed to motivate children to read by rewarding their monthly reading accomplishments with a free, one-topping Personal Pan Pizza each month!

If you homeschool, you can sign up here to receive the free pizza certificates to award to your child for the 2010-2011 school year.

Click here for more information.

Thanks, Shannon!

Comments

1. Kathi says

You might also want to be aware it can be used for a free kids’ lunch buffet. We used ours as a treat after a hs field trips.

2. Teresa Schilling says

Only certain locations let you use on the buffet. It is up to the location, but still a great treat for the kids. I like to use these when we travel for cheap fast meals. My husband and I buy one extra personal pan for us and eat what the kids can’t. Then we all get waters, so it is less than $6.00 for a family of 6 to eat.

3. Tina Dalasinski says

I can’t wait for my daughter to get hers she likes doing this.We love pizza hut.

I have such fond memories of the Book-It program from when I was growing up. I always joke that they need to have Book-It for adults! :)

5. Sonjia says

This is awesome, thank you for posting! So many times homeschooling families are left behind, so KUDOS to Pizza Hut for thinking outside the box (I may even write a letter to corporate to express my appreciation!). My daughter will be thrilled to receive these as incentives throughout the school year.

6. Jennifer says

I loved Book-It as a kid. We won’t be “officially” homeschooling until 2011 when my son is 5, so remind me next year. : )

7. Michelle says

I believe that they also have a program for daycares/preschools. I know that my little guy participated (before I started staying home with him) in his one year old class. He didn’t even eat pizza at one, so it was a nice free treat for mom and dad! :)

There are also all kinds of printables on the site such as story organizers, bookmarks, and ways to keep track of the books you read. We used them all the time last year in my classroom!

9. Ali Christian says

We have done this program for the past 2 years. My kids love the pizza but we only have 1 within my immediate area and they didn’t do well on their health department score. The place looks really bad inside. I hope to be able to use them somewhere else before they expire.
    It really is a great program and HOMESCHOOLERS are welcome to join.