31 Days to a Better Grocery Budget: Stop Making Excuses and Commit to Change

“You can’t change anything when your ‘want-to’ is broken.” -Kevin Catalyst

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve received emails which say something like, “I really wish we could lower our grocery budget, but…”

You know what? If you start with that attitude, you’ll likely never succeed at having a better grocery budget. Sure, you might not be able to get your grocery budget down as low as someone else–maybe your family eats gluten-free, or maybe you eat all organic, or maybe you live in a rural area with only one over-priced store–but the truth is: you can lower your grocery budget.

But it will never happen until you stop making excuses and commit to change.

So I’m starting out this series by challenging you to set aside the negativity and commit to wholehearted willingness to change your mindset, your shopping habits, and quite possibly even your life.

Your grocery budget is likely never going to change until you are also willing to.

Has changing the way you think or shop changed your grocery bill? Tell us about it!

Get the latest coupons delivered right to your door for
as low as $1 per week with Discounted Newspapers!

Comments

1. Justina says

Yes, changing my mind about a grocery budget has TOTALLY changed our finances. Small steps take you great distances.

“A bad attitude is like a flat tire. If you don’t change it, you’ll never go anywhere.” Buzz Moxon

We saved OVER one THOUSAND dollars last year on groceries!!! It’s amazing that when you have a plan and stick with it, you see results. Not every shopping trip is a victory dance of saving tons of money, but it all adds up. Your sight has really challenged me to make the most of the money I have set aside to buy groceries/toiletries. Realistic goals for each family is a must!

I have been couponing for a while now (several months?) since discovering how to do CVS here at MoneySavingMom. I do pretty well at CVS as long as I keep rolling those ECB’s into more ECB deals. When I use my ECB’s for “needs” I am not yet stocked up on, then I have to start from scratch again, and that costs more.

I was just commenting to my husband that I cannot seem to break the 10%-15% barrier with grocery store couponing, even though I shop at a store that doubles coupons. I do as well as I can with what I know right now–only buying marked-down bananas/bread, etc., buying multiples of the sale/coupon deals insofar as I have the coupons, and racking up gas points to take cents off per gallon on my fill-ups, one of the nicer features of my store. :)

I am very much looking forward to this series. I’d love to change my mindset even further and hone my deal-seeking skills! This site is such a blessing. I just copy, paste, and print my list and coupons for CVS, and go! I also use Mrs. Moneysaver for my grocery deals, and what a blessing that has been!

My immediate goal is to change menu planning to center around that week’s deals; i.e., menu planning *after* I shop. My next goal will be eliminating those mid-week runs to the store! We go through gallons of milk per week here, and I can only fit so many into the fridge, but we’re looking at getting dairy goats, we already have egg-laying hens, and we’ve got venison (and will soon have our own hand-raised chicken) in the freezer. If I can just learn how to garden, that will bring our bill down even further. I’ve been given a dehydrator, and I plan to invest in canning equipment, finally, this year.

My long-term goal: I would LOVE to learn how ladies manage to pay a just few dollars for a cart full of groceries! As I said, my couponing typically only takes 10-15% off my bill, but at least that’s 10% less than I would’ve paid!

3. janet says

I shaved our grocery bill down from about $80 a week to $60 a week but it is creeping back up. I decided this month to go cash only. This is huge for me- hope I can ddo it!

I have decided to become an expert at coupons. I used to believe that coupons were not worth the effort. But I have since learned a few things, and gained a new perspective. I am committed to bringing down my grocery bill and my hubby even laughs with me as I tell him how much I saved when I shop!

5. Tammy says

Sooo looking forward to this series! Getting ready to start freezer cooking as well. Thanks for your dedication and encouragement to do better!

6. Betsy Cockrell says

It’s all about your mindset! I though that I did good, until the pantry challenge. This year we decided to be more diligent in our budget to find out where the little leaks were. We went to the cash/envelope system. Thanks to your website, I’ve stuck with the system, for the times I’ve wanted to give up. Between this site and Heavenly Homemakers- you guys have encouraged me to return to how I use to cook/meal plan/ freezer foods/shop for discounts. I still don’t shop that much, because I live in the country. It’s not time, gas or money effective for me to go all the time. I still bulk shop once a month, winco/costco. But I do read the weekly shoppers, and will have my wonderful hubby pick up a few things that we use that is a better deal. I have saved $300 over the last two months. I have decided and stuck to it. It is all mindset with some hard work until you get into the swing of it. Any time I want to fudge or want to give up I read your blog. Today I put food in the freezer for those nights that I don’t want to cook or we’ve been in town all day. We’ve also eaten out a lot less, but I plan on it in the food budget now. Thanks, Thanks, and Thanks.

I used to think that it was just too time consuming to try to shop with coupons. It does take time, but it’s so worth it! I am thrilled to be able to bless others from my abundance. As a matter of fact, I just wrote a post about that today…..I call it being a “Pantry Tither”. You can check it out on blog if you’re interested! frugalfanatic.wordpress.com

8. Kerry D. says

I’m excited about this series too. I lost most of my work so our income has dropped. Already, with (amateur) couponing, stockpiling, and cooking from scratch, I’ve cut our family (three teenagers, a hungry husband, and 2 huge German Shepherds) food costs down by about 40% even while building up the stockpile! I plan out meals for the week and post the list, making sure to include one of everyone’s favorite somewhere in the week–to balance out for the nights they’ll be eating something they don’t care for as much. I’m sure to tell them how much each meal costs, because they know much it helps.

9. Krista Motsinger says

i use to say the same thing. Thanks to Blogs like u…I am finally at the point that we are so packed with groceries, I could Go MONTHS without buying anything but eggs, milk, and bread! U guys rock! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness, yes, to both of the questions. How I think and shop has changed. My husband and I are church planters. Before we began this journey, with a lot of help from your blog, Crystal, and a few others, I was able to not just cut our budget, but cut it in half! I have begun making most all of our foods from scratch, with only a few processed foods remaining our our pantry. I have formulated a price book, as well as a household notebook that contains recipes, pantry and freezer inventories, etc. All have helped.

I am really looking forward to this series, too, and learning more.

Jada @ foodfunfamily

I am a seriously frugal person when it comes to grocery shopping. People are always asking me how it is I can feed a family of 4 on about $70 a week (I figured it up once and it is usually costs an average of $9 a day to feed the 4 of us!)

I used to be the one who ran ALL over town, to like 5 different stores. Now, I just don’t do that. I have 2 grocery stores I shop at, plus Walgreen’s (mainly because I live right across the street from one.)
    I have to say, the thing that helped me was knowing what times of day they mark the nearly expired items down at Kroger. That’s when I buy all my organic refrigerated and frozen items, plus my meat!
    Also, MEAL PLAN, MEAL PLAN, MEAL PLAN! I cannot stress that enough. I meal plan a month at a time (because I shop a month at a time.) So at the beginning of every month climb in bed with my laptop, the circulars from my local stores, and my printer! I don’t get up till I have found the absolute lowest prices!

Grocery shopping frugally takes practice… but it can be so rewarding!

I’ve tossed the negativity out and I’m ready for this upcoming series! I spend more than I should at the grocery store and I need to nip that in the bud since both hubby and I are losing our jobs. {our job is being abolished} I’m very disciplined with the drugstores but grocery store is a weakness for some reason. I guess actually cooking food vs buying microwaveable stuff will help tremendously. :-)

I’m ready for Maizie to read this series, also! I’m a Frugal Moogle when it comes to grocery shopping. Have pressure cooker, will make dinner, but Maizie calls me ‘domesticated’ on her way to the frozen dinner aisle. Thanks, Money Saving Mom, I’ll be reading and maybe I’ll FINALLY get an invite to dinner at Maizie’s.

My church counsels its members to have a year’s supply of food saved up in case of a job loss, natural disaster, or other emergency. Before couponing, that goal always seemed unreachable. Now, after couponing for over a year, my house is filled with food. I recently went back to school, and with the stress of night classes I have been able to take a break from the week-to-week bustle of couponing and live off what we have. In the beginning I had to change my thinking about stores like Albertsons and Smiths. I used to pop in there for an occasional convenience item, look at the prices, and think “Who would ever shop here? It’s robbery!” But when I shop the sales, it’s me that makes out like a bandit. I am able to feed my family and give generously to the local food bank and others in need.

15. Tracy says

Thank you Crystal for being brave enough to take a “hard line” and challenge others to just get over themselves and stop making excuses! As Robin said, failing to plan is planning to fail!

I am tired of the excuses I hear every day, from “I could never homeschool my kids because I don’t have the patience” to “I could never buy our car/home for cash because we don’t earn enough” to “I could never have a good marriage or respect my husband because fill-in-the-blank” , and so it goes on.

I am the first to admit that there are sometimes good, legitimate reasons for failure to achieve in certain areas but most of the time, people seem far too happy to make excuses and stay on their fruitless, directionless hamster wheels.

Thanks again Crystal, and all the others who have commented here.

This is a great call to action, after looking through my budget I see that this is the number three expense on the list. Number 1 and 2 are unfortunately mandatory but my shopping budget can definitely be cut down, every year it has steadily increased. It would probably help to go on a diet also!

17. Molly says

I think that grocery budgets come down to a few simple truths – 1) knowing the sale cycle for items you buy, 2) setting a dollar amount and working to stick to it 95 percent of the time, 3) stocking up, 4) not being brand loyal (flexibility is important), 5) couponing.

I buy certain items in bulk at Sam’s because I’ve found it really is a better deal (toilet paper – which my husband is INSANELY brand loyal about – sigh. diapers. baby formula.). Otherwise, most items only get purchased WHEN on sale, and then we stock up.

Also, discovering that some items stretch out – literally! – is a great key to saving money. One night, making chicken parmesan, I realized that one pounded out chicken breast fed both DH and I quite comfortably. We’ve been pounding chicken ever since. :)

18. Vanessa says

My husband went from working around 60 hours to 32 hours a week last year.I was like what are we going to do.We are a family of six and we homeschool also I am a stay at home mom.We were barely scraping by then I saw a article in Homelife about Moneysavingmom.I looked in to your website and what ablessing it was.God knew what our family needed.My husband gets to work 40 hours aweek now.We reduced our grocery budget by $200 hundred dollars a month.We make less,spend less& save more.I have told everyone that it was good for us to go through this because it has made us better stewards of our finances.Thank you for all you do.You have really helped our family.I am looking forward to this series.

19. Jo says

I started in earnest 15 months ago, couponing and shopping at CVS and Rite Aid. The difference it has made is amazing! I make more money for my family doing this than going out to a ‘job’. I have several months worth of stockpile of groceries, cleaning and hygiene products, I have plenty to donate to charity for little or no cost to me, easily can tithe and continue to watch the savings grow in our bank account…all due to couponing, cooking wisely (I rarely throw anything out) and taking time to strategically plan my shopping trips. My only regret is all the years I wasted throwing money away! I love sharing all I have learned to the many people who asks how I do it, and I often refer them to this and other great sites that have taught me so well.

20. Ginger says

I have clipped coupons since I got married. Back then it wasn’t as big of a necessity as it is now being a Stay-At-Home-Mom to two little ones. Even the .35 coupons add up! I really thought that I had our grocery shopping down to the lowest it possibly could go and still eat healthy. I was buying the store brand on tons of stuff and saving money using one of those store cards like crazy! Well, we were in a different store one day where I was picking up some of the diapers ands things that are typically cheaper anywhere but my grocery store. I need to grab a few food items before I headed for home when I started looking at prices, without sales this other store was cheaper buy a good chunk of change on certain things. I now shop two different stores regularly now, but I have started saving an average of $20 a week doing so.

21. Ruth says

I started couponing in September and not only have I built a stockpile that will last us nearly 2 months, I’ve cut $400 a month from my grocery budget, put nearly $2500 in my savings account and paid off a credit card. But the thing I am most proud of is we were able to respond to the needs of 2 different families that were burned out of their homes. It may not be much but it is a hundred times more than we could have done a mere 6 months ago.

My mother was this way, until I got ahold of our household grocery budget. She was spending $150 a week on just her and my brother when I was away for my Bachelor’s, and she even admits she has no idea what she spent it on, and would still search the kitchen and feel like “there’s nothing here to eat/nothing that I want”. When I came back home for my Masters, I saw that and was astounded. Once I started reading blogs like yours and others I saw that we can always have tons of food in our house and not spend a lot each week. Now for a house of three adults, our grocery bill is about $60/weekly.

23. Heather says

Here’s a way to improve your family’s health & take a chunk out of your grocery bill: Cold cereal is about the most expensive thing you can eat for breakfast–and the least healthy. Even the “unsweetened” brands (Corn Flakes, Cheerios, etc.) are full of sugar, when you read the label, and that sugar is often the even-less-health high fructose corn syrup. Everyone eats more than one serving of cereal when they eat it, so the box doesn’t go nearly as far as it says it does. It has roughly NO nutrition in it–there was a study conducted awhile back in which rats were fed rat chow, cornflakes, or the cornflakes BOX. The cornflake rats died first. Oatmeal (even yummy steel-cut oatmeal, if bought in bulk), eggs, rice pudding, leftovers–almost anything is cheaper and healthier than cold cereal!

24. Karen says

Thanks for the blog. I always find such useful tips in yours and others. It is also encouraging. I want to second what others have said about giving. God convicted me several years ago when I felt like we had so much less than others that we always had good food to eat. To honor Him I committed to purchasing at least one item a week for the food pantry. Most times I purchase more because He has been so good to bless us.

Something I have disciplined myself to do in the last few weeks is to stick to my shopping list. It has definitely made a difference. Although I had always kept a list, I would buy more than what was on the list when I arrived at the store. Now if its not on my list I don’t buy. it The only exception is if it is an unadvertised special or clearance item. Publix is great because they provide preprinted shopping lists. I now keep a small supply of those since sometimes they are out at the store. Also for the first time this past week, I used the list which you can print from Kroger’s website. It makes me give more thought to what we need and how I will use those groceries in my meals.

I am now using a combination of various strategies. Yes I use coupons but the stores in our area are not super great with coupons and sales, but I grab them when I can. I think the easiest way is to simply
    1. Eat from pantry & make do with what we have
    2. Make a weekly menu based on items that are on sale or have in pantry and stick to it
    3. Allowing for a few extras so I don’t go crazy and give up – we eat out or order delivery once a week! (and use our restaurant.com gift certificates when possible)
    4. Save money in other areas to make room for grocery extras such as buying personal items on sale with coupons – this is biggest money saver. I basically don’t pay for these items any more due to Wags and CVS deals + coupons + rebates + rr + ecbs!!

Changing the way we eat has impacted our budget. We now focus on eating locally, organic/organically-grown fruits and vegetables, grass-fed and pastured meats and eggs. Cooking from scratch, meal planning, eating more meatless meals and shopping with a cash envelope has helped keep our grocery budget in line despite making more expensive food choices.

Over the past six months, I have brought our grocery bill down to an average of $65 a week. I budget for a month since some weeks I will spend a little more and others a little less. My husband was amazed when he went grocery shopping with me on Sunday and I only spent $10 which included 3 gallons of milk, 2 roasts, 2 packages of pork chops, 2 60 ct Vitamin C tablets and 12 cups of yogurt. I saved 81%! None of this was junk, all necessities!

I’m looking forward to reading this entire series.

I’m very frugal and using coupons or buying mark-downs has never embarrassed me. But one rather silly mindset I’ve had to get over was what other people think of what we eat. I know that’s so juvenile, but true. I usually post my menu plan on my blog and my family and some close friends read it regularly. I used to be concerned that our meal plan would make us look “poor”, when we really are not since we have plenty to eat. (I did get some comments from family members, too, which probably triggered it!) Then I realized that we are eating foods we like and that we can afford, it doesn’t matter what they think; they are not eating at my table every night! My husband really helped me in this too, since he totally supports and likes eating our simple meals. This saves me money since I now shop for us and our wants and needs rather than what someone else thinks I should be buying!

@Mary Ann, i just looked at your lovely website and i think your meal plans sound delicious! as a matter of fact, i’ll be “stealing” some of your recipes!

We started out by tracking how much we were spending for food over a few months. This included stores and eating out. We then started pulling out $200 each pay period (so $400 per month) and that became our food budget. It’s been a lot of fun to watch and know that when that food money is gone, it’s gone! And it’s been really freeing to get creative with how we buy. Last month my DH and I went out for Valentine’s Day and spent way more than we should have. :) But we still stayed within our budget for the month without a problem. It’s also helped us prioritize how and when we buy food. We’re a family of 6 but I’m hoping to be able to cut our food budget to $300 or less in the near future.

30. Kathy/IL says

My husband and I retired early, so while we’re in a good financial position right now, we need to be careful with our spending so we can *stay* in a good financial position. ;-)

I, too, used to think that couponing was for saving 25 cents or so on a few things here and there. I still have to admit that reading all the couponing blogs has made me dizzy, but I’m committed to learning how to REALLY save with coupons. I do know that our grocery budget has increased in the last year, because now that I’m retired, I’m committed to cooking at home (no more take-out for lunch at work or for dinner because I’m too tired from a full day at work). But we’re definitely making up the difference in our overall budget because our eating-out budget has almost disappeared. ;-) But I’m sure that there’s room for improvement, and I can wait to learn how to save more on our grocery budget.

31. rachaelp says

My husband lost his job due to the economy last Sept. We have struggled to make it since then but God has provided every step of the way. One way I have been really conscious of spending is in our grocery budget. I have been couponing for a year and doing it with a definite goal for a month. My budget is $50/wk; this is for groceries and toiletries. I have had so much fun stretching my dollars and giving myself this challenge. We have seen a huge difference in our eating habits and our grocery budget!

In December I began doing a big shop per month. I plan all my meals for the month in advance and purchase everything at once visiting multiple stores to buy everything at its lowest price. I freeze a lot of the perishable stuff. We have saved hundreds of dollars!!

33. Kara says

First off, thank you for all the work you do. It has helped me so much save on our food bill. I found your website around the middle of last year and have followed it ever since.
    My budget for groceries is $150 a month, for 3. Our son is still in diapers! We do get WIC, but I still put that in our grocery bill, so I do have some wiggle room. I do a grocery shop on the 15th of the month and challenege myself to make to the 15th of the next month before going to get groceries again. If an item that we regularly use is on a good sale I will go and get it.
    February my main shop total was $136, Aldi (which I never do, to far of a drive) was $51, Target was $100 (I think the cashier did not take some of my coupons, plus I stocked up on the Fusion razors for DH).
    I haven’t done any shopping for March so far, but I have my list and coupons! My mom coupons as well, if there is a coupon I need that was in the inserts I ask if she can send it up (she shops for a family of 4, it was a family of 6). The holiday shop that we did with her saved $50 in coupons!!!

I am mad at myself for all of the years wasted stopping at the store each night or just loading up my cart without being intentional. We are now preparing a budget and excited about the potential savings!! I started couponing a year ago and it has been an ongoing process of evaluating my purchases. At first I thought I had to get out there and get every deal. Now I am buying just the things that my family will use or that I can share with others.

My excuse used to be “we live in such an expensive area, the prices are so high, it’s a lost cause.” Then I decided *trying* couldn’t hurt, and I was surprised at how much I saved. That motivated me to plan meals, use the circular, cut coupons, match them up, etc. and occasionally even go to more than one store. Though it is true that prices at our stores are higher than other regions, we can still do the best we can with what we’ve got! Every little bit helps!

I couldn’t agree with you more. I hear the same things. We live with special dietary needs and still manage to have a fairly low cost grocery/food budget each month.

37. Liz says

What has helped me is switching to shopping on a monthly basis. I write up my menu plan for the plan and split my shopping into two huge trips (one for the inside aisles/the other for dairy, meats, and frozen). It is a grueling weekend but then I am done! I usually go to the store each week for fresh produce, milk and free / almost free sale items. But it is a 10 minute trip. Also, I found that shopping on a once a month basis allows me to take advantage of buying more in bulk (meats, etc.) This has saved me both time and money.

I hear this excuse ALL the time and you are SO right! Just changing the way you think about shopping and maybe even coupons can save you TONS of money. So many people feel trapped (and therefore cash-strapped), but it all begins with attitude. Good for you for putting the challenge out there! You CAN lower your bills!

39. Ann says

Thanks for this series. I am looking forward to the rest of it.
    I found your site about a year ago and I will never go back to my old ways. Most of saving of groceries is the mindset and the planning. I am far from perfect, but I have learned to depend on meal planning, how to stockpile and to live with what we have. We hardly ever waste food anymore and I don’t think I will ever run out of toothpaste!

40. Deanna says

The biggest thing for me was “I won’t ever eat store brand products”. It’s amazing to me just how much you can save by getting the bulk of your items in store brand names instead of “the real deal” You pay so much for for name brand foods, it’s insane. Sure I have *some* foods I prefer name brand but the majority of my shopping is with coupons and also store brand items for which I don’t have coupons for.

I also have started shopping at several different stores all of which are within 2 miles from my house. It’s WORTH IT!

Somethings don’t work for us, but we focus on what we can do. We live between 2 smallish cities, one is bigger and a 30 minute drive, the other is a bit smaller and a 40 minute drive. Most of the time we shop in our local town at wally world and food lion, with a trip to the closer city every 4-6 weeks for a sam’s run. But we’ve started going to the city that is farther away instead as it not only has a sam’s but also an Aldi’s. And the shopping there is all in one area, whereas the closer city’s stores are spread out so the mileage is about the same. We go as a family, and I enjoy the conversation with my hubby and the help.

I also limit my cooking to fairly basic menus and common ingredients. There’s still plenty of variety, but saves money, time, and space.

I just wanted to say that I just discovered this site yesterday, and I am learning a lot even from the comments!!!
    Like some others that I read about on here, I feel like I am already relatively frugal, but I am very hopeful that some of these principles will help us to make the most of what the Lord has blessed us with…I appreciate, too, how many of you are attributing your blessings to the Lord and trying to be a blessing to others! What a good example!
    Thanks!
    Pam…www.custerfamilyfarm.com

43. Annie says

I’m really looking forward to this! We’ve implemented a number of your ideas already, which have cut our grocery budget from $350 a month for 2 adults to $175 a month for 3 adults and 2 small kids. My husband has just been accepted into the St. Louis Fire Academy (a miracle!) and won’t be able to work for almost 3 months. We’re cutting out everything possible (and praying like crazy) to make it work financially, so if we could cut our grocery budget even further with some of your ideas, it would be amazing!

44. Joann says

I’ve come to depend on God to help me even with the little things in life. I’ve only been doing this for about 4 months but I’m starting to notice a trend. Every time I panic that we’re going to run out of something necessary like toilet paper I’ll run out to the store with a coupon and make a discounted (but not discounted enough) impulse buy. Then a couple of days later I’ll run across an amazing sale on that same item. So hopefully I’ll learn from this and depend on God and be patient. I have a feeling my grocery bill will go down quite a bit.

our grocery spending has drastically changed in the past few months. We have always had a budget of about $350 for our family of 5, that included buying diapers and toiletries. Then one day my husband came to me and told me he thought we needed to lower it. It then went down to $250. I didn’t know how I could do it. I was actually nervous. But I searched for sales, priced matched at Wal-Mart and some how we did it. Our children no longer needed pullups and somehow it worked. I think that when we plan and include the Lord in our goals he helps us. It is such a freeing thing knowing we are living within a budget that we have set and then we are still able to save money for those rainy days.

46. Stacie says

I am new to the lower my grocery bill and am admittedly still not great at it but I am trying and I have seen changes! The funny thing is that my changes are primarily with my planning. I was always a meal planner – my mom was a two week meal planner and a sometimes once-a-month-cooker. But after chatting with a friend who loves your blog (and has used lots of your tips to keep their family afloat in financial turmoil) I realized that I could do better. The planning has been what has saved me. God usually gives me a word each year and this year has been responsibility. I didn’t realize what that meant until I realized that better planning would equal better stewardship. Stewardship of my time, my finances and my family. I have been given amazing gifts and now I am striving to honor God with them. Seeing the results of it is overwhelming at times! The most amazing thing is being able to use my lowered grocery bill to bless others. When we spend less on ourselves there is more to spend on others in need!

Thanks so much for the kick in the seat. I am convicted to change what has been broken for a long time!!

48. Erin says

I have to say I’ve been following your blog for awhile and I have been truly amazed at your deals, a year ago I couldn’t figure out how people could get their budgeting for groceries and household goods down so low. I’d been dinking around with coupons and such for awhile, but I was only saving a few dollars here and there. Then I started really tracking sales and also had the added incentive of having a new baby coming into the picture while also being faced with a drastic reduction in income due to the economy and my husband’s company having less work overall. I decided that I was going to make it my mission to figure out how to do this myself to save our money and stockpile.

I have to say the biggest thing is changing your mindset and making a commitment to saving money. I have so many friends who are struggling and yet don’t even think that they can change, but the truth is they are unwilling to even try.

“…maybe your family eats gluten-free, or maybe you eat all organic, or maybe you live in a rural area with only one over-priced store…”

Or maybe it’s all of the above, like my family! But I do believe we can lower our budget… I’m excited to read all your insights and put them into practice!