Make money buying Hershey’s Pieces at KMart this week!

KMart has a deal running January 31-February 6, 2010 where you can get a $10 KMart gift card when you buy 4 pouches of Hershey Pieces Candy (see last page of flier). Here’s how you can turn this into a money-making deal:

Buy 4 Hershey Pieces Pouches at $2.50 each
Use 4 $1/1 Coupons from the 1/31 SmartSource insert
Spend $6 plus tax out of pocket, submit for the $10 gift card
Free plus overage after coupons and gift card

You can also get a free bag of Hershey’s pieces when you submit this form and a candy bar wrapper.

Comments

I noticed this too, but while writing it up saw that if you read the fine print the gift card is actually only good toward your next purchase of Hershey’s candy at Kmart. So good, but not AS good. :(

2. Cheryl says

It sounds like a good deal at first. Upon reading the fine print the gift card is only good on a Hershey’s purchase. Something to think about before buying.

I just got back from K-Mart and have an update. The gift card is a mail-in catalina. It will *not* print if you use coupons. I originally did the transaction with two coupons and did not get the gift card catalina. Customer service wasn’t sure what happened, so I returned the bags, then repurchased them *without* the coupons and the catalina printed for me.

So, this is still a great deal because it’s free candy, but it is *not* a money-maker after all. :)

More bad news.

The catalina states “You’ve just earned (1) $10 K-Mart gift card good towards the purchase of Hershey’s products exclusively at K-Mart.”

I guess this is a good deal if you regularly buy Hershey’s products at K-Mart. Otherwise, the ad was pretty misleading.

Just noticed when you click on the offer in the weekly ad, and it takes you to more details, you have to submit for it by mail and it’s only going to be good on a Hershey’s purchase.

Don’t know if you saw this or not but in the fine print at the bottom of the ad, it says the gift card if for a furture purchase of hershey’s products!

7. jessica says

i too was going to update but it seems everyone else already did.. only thing i would add is that i used 4 coupons and my “mail in rebate” printed without a problem. I also am able to request a free bag, with rebate form.. not as wonderful as i was thinking but i am 9months and candy is candy:)
    thank you again for all you do!