Toluna: Earn $1-$5 for taking surveys

Logo927

After I posted a few legitimate survey companies to sign up with last week, my friend, Andrea, who blogs at MommySnacks told me I had failed to share with you about one of her favorite survey companies–Toluna.

I had never even heard about this survey company so I did some investigation and, sure enough, it looks like another great legitimate survey company to sign up for. Andrea said she has always been promptly paid and she’s earned money fairly quickly through surveys there.

Go here to sign up with Tulona.

Here are the other survey companies I recommend signing up with:

Pinecone Research (currently not accepting new
sign-ups)–my personal favorite survey site. They pay $3 promptly for every survey completed. I try to post here every time they are accepting new sign-ups so stay tuned for that.

Inbox Dollars–I used Inbox Dollars primarily for the money you could earn for reading emails. It isn’t a huge payout, by any means, but it also doesn’t require much more than clicking on a few emails everyday and earning a few cents. Go here to sign up.

MyPoints–this
is a site which rewards you points for online activity such as reading
emails, taking surveys, signing up for offers, and so forth. I mostly
just read the emails and clicked on the links and slowly accumulated
points. You won’t get rich quickly doing this, but you can earn enough
points by reading emails to get free gift cards each year. We paid for
our few and far between law school date nights mostly with gift cards I
earned through MyPoints. Go here to sign up.

iPoll–Pays
in point rewards for every completed survey. You can cash these in for
instant win opportunities, sweepstakes, or cash. There are also
opportunities to do free product testing. Go here to sign up.

SurveySpot–This
company pays up to $5 per survey and you can request
payout when you have earned $5. So therefore, it’s not hard at all to
earn enough to get a check. In fact, while I don’t have a lot of extra
time these days, I’m seriously considering signing up just to see what
it’s like! Go here to sign up.

LightSpeed ResearchThis
survey site pays in points and they are fairly generous in their points
given. Once you’ve accumulated enough points, you can cash them in for
cash, online gift certificates, music downloads, and hundreds of
other prizes. Or, build up your points for bigger prizes in your
Lightspeed Points Account.
Go here to sign up.

CashCrate–Once
you sign up, you can go to their “Daily Survey” tab and earn around
$0.50 per survey you take. They usually offer 1-2 daily surveys. Go here to sign up.

There are many scam survey companies out there so beware and be careful. I do quite a bit of research before posting anything here, but always use your best judgment.

As always, remember that you will not get rich taking surveys. However, you can create a nice little sidestream of income through just taking 15-30 minutes per day to answer questions and share opinions.

Comments

1. Janet says

I do both Toluna (used to be Your2Cents) and Pinecone and I think Toluna is way better- I make way more money from Toluna- just my opinion.

2. Betsy says

I get more surveys from Toluna, but payout is still very slow – takes more than 60 days for a check, and then the check is back-dated 30 days. Not good….

I have to be honest here – I don’t love Toluna. It used to be called Your 2 Cents surveys and ever since it switched a few bad things have happened. I never seem to qualify for the surveys anymore when before I qualified a lot more. Also, the surveys have gotten a lot longer for less money. Before if I spent 30 minutes, I would get $3 but now it seems like if I spend 30 minutes I get $1. Even when it says $1-$3, I never ever get the highest payout. Also, it seems like you have to answer a lot more questions to see if you even qualify for the survey instead of knowing within the first minute – so a lot of times, I waste about 7-8 mintues only for them to tell me I don’t qualify! That is like stealing to me – they steal my time since they can still use some of the answers I give, but I get nothing for it. I am not trying to be all negative, but it hasn’t been great for me. Maybe other people will have better luck than me!

Toluna used to be known as Your 2 Cents and my experience with them is that they are very slow to pay. The last time I asked for payment it was nearly 3 months before I finally received it. They were also unresponsive to email. Last week I requested my first payment since the changeover and they’re promising payment in 8 weeks, which is still too long. You should also beware that while the survey invitations give a range for your reward (ie, $1-$3) you always get the lower amount.

5. Alison says

You can also earn points at MyPoints.com by printing coupons through their website and using them. I earn lots of points this way.

6. Carrie says

I signed up with surveyspot and I don’t see any surveys that pay money. Everything is either points or “spin the wheel” to enter a contest. Doesn’t seem quite legitimate.

7. berkeley says

I signed up with Surveyspot quite awhile ago, and have only been able to cash in about $23. Usually the surveys that pay money, I don’t “qualify” for. It seems they ask a lot of questions that would give them the information they are looking for in the survey, then say I don’t qualify for the survey so they don’t have to pay anything. I’ve gotten to where I very seldom do their surveys anymore. Toluna on the other hand, I love. It is sooooo easy to do their surveys. I get a lot of survey opportunities from them. They are slow to pay, but it’s easy money!!

8. Jim says

I’m looking at Toluna, and they seem to mostly offer points. Do they offer money surveys also, or only points to trade in?

9. Dave says

Toluna offers points that are traded in at an exchange of 3k points per 1$. Minimum cashout is 20$ now, which can take a while to get the points for. It also takes approximately 8 weeks to get a check, but the checks do come (just got one on Saturday).

10. Jana says

You won’t be able to contact Lightspeed with any questions or problems with your rewards. Even if you look up their number and call them they will dodge you. This was as of a couple of years ago, though, so maybe things have changed?

11. Caroline says

I signed up for Opinion Outpost last week, and qualified for 2 out of 6 surveys so far. From those two surveys, I earned $7.50!

12. Betsy says

UPDATE: Toluna has raised their cashout threshold from 30,000 points ($10.00) to 60,000 points, $20.00. Not good….

My all-time favorite survey company is MySurvey.com They give you points even if you don’t qualify for the surveys offer. I got my checks within a week of reaching payout and they also sent me freebies to try and answer surveys on about the product later. Freebies like Pampers diapers and Yoplait Smoothies! :)

Crystal, if you find that you like this one, they also have a nice referral program. 150 points per referral. $10 for every 1,000 points that you earn.

Just a nice survey company. Oh and if I remember correctly, they even give you time estimates on the surveys and tell you how close you are to being done.

Jaycie

Toluna is one of my favorites. And as I’ve mentioned before, in a period of nine months with four to five invites a day, I’ve made $3.00 total with SurveySpot. So would not recommend them.

15. Tina says

I have not received any points or rewards through SurveySpot. I’ve emailed them w/no response. I am getting tons of survey requests from them, but don’t want to waste my time or my family’s time if they don’t pay out or respond. On a lighter note, Lightspeed has been great. I earned $10 last week! Dollar menu lunch for my family of seven! Thanks Crystal for your website. It has been a blessing to our family.