Target: Free Kellogg’s cereal and high-value GE Lighting coupons

Kelloggs

Beginning November 1, 2009, Target is running a special deal: Buy 3 boxes of Kellogg's Cereal, Get 1 Free. There are brand-new coupons out which will make for four free boxes of cereal after the coupons and sale. Here's the break-down:

Buy 4 boxes of Kellogg's cereal at $2.66 each
Use $1/1 coupons here or here (there's also a $1.50/2 coupon here)
Use 4 $1/1 Target coupons here
Get one box free
Free after coupons and sale

Thanks, The Frugal Find and Abundant Food Savings!

There are also new Target GE lighting coupons here which can be stacked with the $1/2 coupons here or from the 10/4 SmartSource insert. Let us know if you find any great deals on lighting products with these coupons. (Thanks, TheKrazyCouponLady.com!)

Comments

1. pumpkinpie says

this is great! but im not sure if different regions have different promotions running at a given time. this week, i was able to use the skippy coupon, but their p.b was regular price (2.09)…it still was a good deal for me, but you had listed it at 1.74 (.74 after coupons), and it wasnt on sale in the east coast area targets. i was, though, able to score with the keebler deal with coupons…about a dollar a package of cookies…now the problem is my expanding waistline…lol.

How do I explain to the checkout lady to let me use coupons on the item that you are “getting free” ?

Ex. When I tried to do the Keebler deal, buy 2 get one free, I was only allowed to use a coupon on the item I was buying, not the “free” one. However I know a lot of people were using coupons on the free items as well.

3. Julie Jansen says

Crystal, you are terrific! Thanks so much for all you do to help us be better stewards!

4. S says

The Target coupons say “Limit one offer per transaction.” So can you still use four of them for this offer?

*****************
    Money Saving Mom here: Since it’s a Target coupon, it’s up to your individual store, but I’ve never had a problem with them taking more than one Target coupon per transaction.

5. pumpkinpie says

Rachal, it depends on your cashier….i didnt fight them…since i was getting the one box for free (2 actually, since i had 6 total packs) i just used 2 coupons, each for a dollar off. this resulted in each pack being a dollar.

6. Gayle says

The only coupon I could find on coupons.com for Kellogg’s was for the Kellogg’s Corn Flakes Touch of Honey so I printed all the coupons on Kellogg’s website. Just a warning though: on Kellogg’s website it only prints one coupon per page with a big ad underneath it! I was hoping all 5 coupons would all print on one, maybe two pages. I was kind of miffed that it used up 5 pages! Just thought I’d pass along the lesson learned.

My Target has stopped taking more than one Target coupon per transaction. It makes for less of a deal, but still lower prices than the grocery store!

8. Andrea says

I scored big on the light bulbs yesterday at Target. The GE Energy Smart were on sale for $1.99. Combining the $2 off 2 coupon with manufacturer’s Qs and the $2 on 1 coupons netted me 6 free light bulbs. They also had GE Reveal on sale for $5.49. With the Target Q and Manufacturer Q, the bulbs cost $3.25 – a good deal for these bulbs. The ManQs I used expired yesterday but I noticed today they were in the inserts again. The $1.99 sale ended yesterday but the GE Reveal sale was a “temporary price reduction” so it might still be going.

9. Michelle says

Also guys the Vanity fair plates are on clearance for $1.28
    Use $1 coupon from the redplum site and get it for .28..
    Also the Welches 54oz juice is on clearance for $1.48 use $1coupon from coupons.com and get it for .48..
    Hope you all find these great deals.

10. jenny says

I can only use one Target Q per transaction. How can you use a MQ on a free item? I don’t think you can legally. Right?

11. Courtney says

Went to my Target in KY and noticed that only a limited number of the differt cereals were discounted but all were included in the buy three get one free. So it wasn’t as great of a deal at my Target.

12. Wendi says

I don’t know if the 4th Target coupon will work in the cereal scenario. If the box rings up as 0.00, the coupon will probably beep or come off as 0.00 since their register usually adjust the amount of the target coupon to the price of the item if it’s less than coupon face value. So I am guessing the cashier would have to put it through manually. But even if you only use 3 each kelloggs & mfg coupons, it’s still 1.98 for 4 boxes!

I just did the deal, but there was only one cereal for 2.66 the rest were 3.29 and 2.99 and 3.99. Also, my store’s computer would not take the 4th Target coupon since the item was free. I think I ended up paying 3.00 for 4 boxes of cereal, which is still a good deal.

I just did this deal this morning. The fourth box actually rang up as free, so the cash register would only accept three Target coupons. I was able to use all four manufacturer coupons, though. Not all the cereal is $2.66. The only one I remember was Frosted Flakes, which we don’t eat. So we bought one big box of Rice Krispies (which my kids love) and three boxes of the Mini Wheats. I think they were all $2.99, though some of the cereals were on sale for $3.29.

15. Julie Jansen says

Crystal, you are the best! I just got home with $70 worth of food for $8!!!! My Target even had a table at the end of the cereal aisle with stacks of manufacturers coupons for $1 off the Corn Flakes with a touch of honey! Thank you for helping me feed my eight!

16. heidih says

I noticed someone up above in the comments made almost the same comment as I wanted to, but just to clarify – if you are going to print the coupons from the kelloggs website,print one at a time and stopyour printer after each coupon so you don’t waste your ink printing the huge advertisement that comes after each coupon. It will take more time but you will save tons of ink. I really wish these companies did not put their advertisements with their coupons.

If you are in the NEED for Marshmallows, Target has a GREAT Q for $1/2 Kraft Marshmallows. Plus, the Halloween marshmallows are on clearance for around $0.52….making each bag just $0.02!

My Target had a note up at each register reminding cashiers they are only to accept 1 target coupon per transaction. 4 were not allowed.

19. Elizabeth says

My target wouldn’t take the $1/1 Target coupon for my free box :/ that’s okay! Still got a great deal!

20. Jill says

I went to print the coupons and they did not print it now says I have reached my print limit. Anything I can do to correct this?

21. rita says

I cannot seem to find the Target GE coupons, can anyone tell me what date that are under? Thanks.

22. nisreen says

I bought 4 boxes of cereal , a healthy balance juice ,a box of hefty ziplocks, a tub of baby wipes , 4 GE light bulbs , loaf of bread ,2 big dawn dish soap ,I paid $2.04.

23. joey bolden says

They have single pack GE lightbulbs at my store marked down to $2.39, I used the $2 target coupon, AND the $1.25 coupon from the paper, and I MADE 86 cents on each one! :)