Target’s Corporate Coupon Policy: Now available on their website!

Target400
I have some super sweet news for those of you who are feeling left out because your Target isn't accepting many of your coupons! Guess what? They posted their corporate coupon policy online!

Go print your copy here and carry it with you when you shop. Then, if you have any trouble with Target accepting your coupons or using a coupon on a trial size item, you can politely whip this policy out and show them what the corporate coupon policy is.

Thanks, Krazy Coupon Lady!

Comments

1. tina b says

Thanks so much for letting us know about this! I had no idea I could use SuperTarget coupons at my regular Target store! YAY! :D

2. Michelle says

Thank you so much for posting this! I always seem to have problems with my Target accepting coupons.

3. Jamie says

If you have problems I suggest asking for a manager and if they still refuse taking down names and then calling customer service. I had to do this they corrected the problem with that store and gave me more coupons to boot plus since the manager was involved there isn’t a problem with a single employee about taking the coupons!

4. Heather says

Thank you!! I have had SO MUCH trouble at Target. All other stores around me have become really nice about coupons in the past few months, but Target is really mean about them! I’m glad to finally have some official support.

5. Pamela says

I hate to be a pessimist, but I’m not sure that even the “official Target coupon policy” will allow me to use coupons on trial sizes at my Target. In the past I’ve carried a print-out of Target’s policy (they emailed it to me), and it still did NO GOOD, even with the manager. I never thought of getting her name and calling Customer Service though. I’ll have to try that. Best of luck to all of you! Perhaps I’ll try going to the Target in the next town. A different manager might be a good thing!

6. Karen says

Does anyone have troubles using the Super Target coupons because they do not scan in at the cashier? Everytime I use the Super Target coupons they do not scan for the cashier and then they immediately assume there is an issue with the coupon and will not give it to me.
    Any suggestion on how to deal with this issue?

7. Tara says

The official coupon policy doesn’t mention the number of target web coupons you can use? Does that mean we can use multiples of the same target web coupon in the same transaction?

8. Angie says

Does anyone no the “official policy” on taking multiple target coupons at once? It says one per transaction – so it seems crazy you could stand there and make 10 seperate transactions on a single product – obviously easier for them to take all 10 at once………….but sometime such as the FiberOne Deal this week – I need to do 5 in one transaction — I just try to find a teenage boy and usually have no problem………….but curious of the “official rule” for when I run up against a stickler……………..

9. Amyd says

I feel for all of you with bad Targets. I have had nothing but good luck so far using both manu. and target coupons. I am glad to know I can use Super Target coupons at the regular Target stores. THANKS!

10. Katie says

Thank you!! I was crying yesterday because they didn’t accept like any of my coupons and I had been so excited about this shopping trip full of sweet deals!

11. Jenn says

I wish I had that with me when they refused their OWN register coupon for Enfamil. The guy called the manager over and his response was “if the computer has problems with it, then we can’t accept it.” This was a different Target than the one I usually shop, thankfully.

12. Rae says

Pamela, I would do that. Most people that have called customer service and gave them names have had a lot of luck with their future trips at that store. I’d even call from their red phone in the front :)

13. Corinne says

I referenced the coupon policy (which has been on their website for awhile) to a couple of “managers” when I had coupon trouble. One manger told me that the policy had been “recently changed” (NOT TRUE) so it must not have been updated on the wesite yet and the other told me that it was not up to corporate to decide individual store policies.
    This store is now not accepting multiple items using multiple coupons. For example: if I buy 3 boxes of cereal and I have 3 coupons, I have to do 3 seperate transactions in order to use all the coupons. PAIN IN THE YOU-KNOW-WHERE!!!!! I will no longer shop at that particular Target, but the Target across town has no such policy and they honor my coupons gladly. In fact, the last checkout girl was as excited about my savings as I was!
    I guess my point is that I will NOT shop somewhere that treats me poorly no matter how much money I can save. Shopping and saving money should be FUN, and I don’t want to dread the checkout drama every time.

14. Betsy says

I have sworn off Target after way too many issues with coupons. My last visit I showed them the coupon policy mailed to me on company letterhead… the cashier manager glanced at it and then proceeded to tell me he did not care and he thought I was trying to cheat the system.
    It stinks because there are so many great potential deals to be had. I would rather spend a little more and not be made to feel like a criminal.

15. Beth says

Thank You!! I was about to stop going to Target because of the coupon aggravation lately-can’t wait to show them this!!

16. Angela says

Thanks for the information! I noticed today (third time for fiber one – it’s my husband’s fav!) that they now have a sign posted that they will gladly accept one target coupon and one mfc per item.

17. Chelsea says

Wow! I thought I was alone in my target coupon battle… I was starting to take it personally. I’m glad they posted this. Thanks for the heads up!

18. Kelly says

Awesome!! Do they have it in print that they are now price matching other stores ads? It would be nice to have that in writing as well!

19. Jeannie says

I don’t see anything about being able to use a coupon for a trial size item. I tried to by the travel size Tide last time I was there & they wouldn’t let me even though the coupon didn’t say it had to be for a certain size. The manager said it has to be used on their standard size even though it didn’t say that. The cash register also wouldn’t allow my Cheerios coupon to go thru since I bought the cup instead of the box. I’ve almost given up trying to use coupons there. I get hassled every time! Also had problems with the crazy core skittles a few weeks ago…ugh!

20. jen says

They didn’t address the most important issue – what is valid – the text on the targt coup or the picture??? They always tell me in the store that the picture prevails which is just plain STUPID. This is no different than the email Target sent me and the store manager doesn’t care b/c they can do whatever they want and they don’t train the cashiers – it is just too much hassle. Shop elsewhere.

I’ve never called corporate while standing at the register b/c that is just crazy. I don’t have the time to collect all the coups, plan my trip, drive 30 minutes over to the nearest SuperTarget, shop around the store for 45 minutes collecting the goods, wait in line at the register, get a crabby cashier, and then call over a manager that won’t comply with store policy, argue about the legitimacy of the coupons and then stand there for 10 more minutes while I insist on calling corporate to change their minds….If that actually works. Puleeze. Who has time for that??

21. carla says

Do I understand correctly that Target will NOT take coupons that are printed from a person’s computer?? Can someone explain this to me? THANKS!

22. Heather says

This is great…I’ve always been afraid to use Super Target coupons at my regular Target store…now I have proof to show them that it’s OK to do so!

23. Marie says

I’m glad to get this! Too bad it was AFTER my trip earlier today. I used 3 coupons for the Boost drinks for kids and she wouldn’t let me use one of the other ones that she should have.

24. Abby H says

what do you think about the target coupons for single serve items. Like the single serve cheerios and string cheese? Those are what I couldnt use coupons for….was told by the manager they wont allow it anymore.

25. Rachel says

I am SO thankful for this- you wouldn’t imagine how some cashiers and managers look at me when I want to use a target coupon and a manufacturer’s coupon together! Then the printed q’s they always claim are photocopied! Talk about being insulted! Now this should help… THANK YOU CRYSTAL!!!

26. Pam says

Thank you – I have problems trying you use the target and the manu qs together and using a qs for more than the value of the product. This is great info to keep with me for my target visits.

I too have problems w/Target. Today, I got a new one..”we only can take 5 coupons that are the same”?? Is this true…I don’t see it in their policy. So, I just did 3 different transactions.
    Julie @ KingdomKlipper

28. -K says

So, does this mean that we can use multiple Target coupons in one transaction, as long as multiples of that item are being purchased? That is the biggest problem I’ve had in the past. Only one of each Target Q per transaction. (ie; can we buy, for example, 6 mini artisan breads and use 6 target coupons towards those breads?)

29. Mrs.Litz says

Thank you so much! I’d finally stopped going to Target since they always treated me like a thief. Now I may try again. :)

30. Stacie says

THANK YOU! I will be laminating this and taking it with me EVERY time I go to Target. They give me trouble EVERY time I go!!

31. Angela, mom of 4 says

I’ve tried unsuccessfully to get my Target cashiers to reduce a coupon amount. I’m not trying to make money, just get free stuff! I’m excited to try again with coupon policy in hand. :)

32. Robine Wright says

Have some more great news for us southern shoppers who have Publix stores in our area. Target now accepts Publix manufacturer coupons. Check out the Publix coupon book…One Stop, One Store. Inside is a coupon for $3/1 of any product from the Glade Fragrance collection. Right now the 4oz Glade candles are on sale for $2.49 making this a money maker. I walked out with over a dozen candles for 0 then some. This is soooo much fun!

33. Tracy says

Carla, Target will accept coupons printed from a personal computer. I, like many others, have problems depending on the cashier’s attitude regarding the coupons. You just never can tell.

34. Lori says

Hey Everyone SAVE your ink…. next time you are at Target, use their computer (at the front of the store where you do registry) and go to target.com there and then print out the coupon policy. Plus most of my Targets use a blue paper so the cashiers seem to know it came from within their store so they accept it much more readily. Try this if you are having problems. ALso if they will not let you do the deal, and you have the time, politely take the manager who is refusing you over to the computer and pull it up right there for them! LOL no way for them to get out of it now!!!!! Good Luck all!