Swagbucks: Get 6 free bonus points for signing up this week! (fixed code)

I posted this earlier this morning but the code was not working correctly so many of you weren't getting your bonus points. It should now be working correctly. My apologies on that!

Have you signed up for Swagbucks yet? If not, you are definitely missing out on one of the easiest ways to earn free gift cards I've ever discovered.

I don't mean to sound like a broken record or anything, but it's been a few months since I've recommended Swagbucks and I thought it was high time I mention it again. There are lots of scam programs out there promising all sorts of
things, but Swagbucks is one of the few programs I've found that
really works.

If you're unfamiliar with Swagbucks,
basically it's a search engine that randomly rewards you with points
just for doing online searches. Seriously, that's all there is to it.

You'll
likely
earn between 1-3 points per day for searches and when you have
45 points, you can cash in for a $5 Amazon gift card. And there are
dozens of other great
prizes to choose from as well. I just received a $10 Starbucks gift
card in the mail yesterday–which I got for cashing in 130 points.

For those of you with blogs or who have lots of friends who use the
internet, you'll also want to check out their referral program. For
every person who signs up with your referral code, you can earn up to
100 matching Swagbucks! I have had so much fun introducing many of my
friends to this fun program and seeing them earn prizes for doing what
most all of us do on a regular basis every day–searching online!

The brains behind Swagbucks
are rolling out a bunch of great new features for this search engine
this week and because they are doing so, they asked if they could give
out six
free bonus points to any one who signs up through my blog.

To use this code and earn 6 free bonus points just for signing up, all you have to do is be a new registrant to Swagbucks and use the code MSMCODE when you sign up here.

You'll
get 3 points for signing up and 3 points for using the above code,
giving you 6 free points just for signing up. And you'll be well on
your way toward your first gift card!

This code is only good through June 16, 2009, so be sure you take advantage of it right away!

Comments

1. Lori says

I’m a little confused. Once you sign in to Swagbucks, do you have to use the home page for each and every search you do or is it tracking you once you are signed in no matter where you go? I go back to the home page for occasional searaches to make sure but I’ve never really known how I’m supposed to use it. I’m up to 33 swagbucks though, about 1 a day.

2. Kathy says

Just signed up…but I’m just still not sure HOW Swagbucks works…???? Do they authomatically send me points via email? Mail? Do my searches have to be by Swagbucks (versus Google, for example) in order to count? Do I have to search out company sites, or would a search for Facebook (etc…) count too? Help please, someone.

Diana, once you sign up, go to your account and look on the sidebar and input the code MSMCODE to get the additional 3 points.

Lori and Kathy: The best way to earn Swagbucks is by adding the search toolbar to your browser. Just click on Toolbar at the top of the page on Swagbucks.com and it will walk you through how to install it. Then, whenever you do searches, you’ll automatically win points randomly.

In addition, you can follow the Swagbucks blog to get extra point codes to add to your account to rack up the points faster.

Hope that helps!

4. Misty says

Thanks for introducing me to Swagbucks! I signed up in Feb when you had a code and I have earned $365 in Amazon gift codes!

5. Beverly says

I just signed up but I’m a little confused. It gave me my 6pts for signing up…then I started searching. On my 3rd search it said I had “won” 1pt. I have done a bunch more searches since then, but no more points. Do you just randomly win points or do you earn them by doing searches? If you earn them how many searches does it take to get points and if you win them can you only win once a day? Thank you so much…this will be a good way to get some guilt-free Starbucks!!

I just signed up and sent a referral email to a few people. One got right back to me and said that her screen “exploded” with spam pop-ups. Has anyone else noticed any pop-up/spam issues with using Swagbucks?

Yes, Beverly, just download the search toolbar to your browser and use it for searches and you’ll randomly be awarded points–usually 1-3 per day, depending upon how often you search.

Susan, I am guessing perhaps your friend clicked on something other than Swagbucks maybe? I’ve never known of anyone having a problem with increased pop-ups by using Swagbucks, nor have I experienced this myself when using Swagbucks. Anyone else had a problem with this before?

Okay, this sounds great, but I have a question? How do you keep up with so many programs like Swagbucks, MyPoints, etc? I tend to join these programs with high hopes, but seem to not have the time to keep up with them. I get so inspired when I read your successes with them. I only have one child…you have three…how do you do it?

I look forward to your response…

I never had time to join before, but I’m glad you posted about it again, because now that it is summer I have much more time to try it out. Plus, who can resist starbucks gift cards??

10. Mary says

Misty, How have you earned $365 since February? I never seem to get more than 4 swagbucks a day. Do share your secrets please!

I’m so glad you posted this today. I’ve been wanting to sign up but was hoping to do it through you with one of these extra promotions. I missed out the last time.
    Glad to know that me signing up helps you earn some extra swagbucks too. I like being able to give back to you for all your hard work helping so many of us!

12. Celia says

Do you have to declare this as income on your taxes?

******************
    Money Saving Mom here: If you earn over $600 in prizes/gift cards than I believe that Swagbucks is required to send you a 1099.

13. Margaret says

For those of you who say the code isn’t valid, try putting it in all CAPS. That made it work for me.

14. Heather says

Can’t get the code to work for me either. I tried all caps and all lower and it’s not working. Any suggestions?

15. Cindy says

234pm CST
    Can’t get the code to work for me either. I tried all caps and all lower. Any suggestions?

16. Christy says

I signed up for this, but a few days later when I went to use it they asked me for a new user name. Every user name I chose was taken, even my e-mail address without the “@” and the “.” What am I doing wrong?